Windows 10: I need to transfer my Windows 10 to another Hard Disk

Discus and support I need to transfer my Windows 10 to another Hard Disk in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, my problem is that I recently damaged my hard drive, I just bought a new one and the question is? Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VioletCarter, Oct 30, 2018.

1. I need to transfer my Windows 10 to another Hard Disk

Hi, my problem is that I recently damaged my hard drive, I just bought a new one and the question is? Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old hard drive to the new one? my Winows 10 is original I have the license with the key, I would not like to buy a new windows again because it has little time. I would appreciate if you can help me thanks

:)

VioletCarter, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

can i transfer hard disk Windows 10 to another pc

Hello Jason,

Hard disk can be transferred on another machine depending on the license that your device has. For us to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• We'd like to know if your device came with a Windows 10 pre-installed Operating System?
    • Is your hard disk will be considered as a secondary storage on the other machine?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article for more information regarding your query:

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Oct 31, 2018
  3. jason8572 Win User
    can i transfer hard disk Windows 10 to another pc

it did though it was not registered and never bothered to input the key it came with so currently the win 10 installed is unregistered

and it would be primary hardrive

jason8572, Oct 31, 2018
  4. I need to transfer my Windows 10 to another Hard Disk

Hard disk slow transfer speed

Hi Marcus,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• In which drive are you transfer the files?
    • What is the hard drive format that you are using?
    To check the hard drive format, press Windows key + R, type
    diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue is still same, try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to connect the external hard drive to the system and run check disk to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

I need to transfer my Windows 10 to another Hard Disk

1. I need to transfer my Windows 10 to another Hard Disk - Similar Threads - need transfer another

2. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?: My hard disk has failed on my PC, It won’t boot because of this and I have to get a replacement from my PC’s company, however they told me I can pop in any other hard drive I have laying around to use my PC in the mean time.If I go out and buy a new SSD 1TB in replacement of...
  3. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?: My hard disk has failed on my PC, It won’t boot because of this and I have to get a replacement from my PC’s company, however they told me I can pop in any other hard drive I have laying around to use my PC in the mean time.If I go out and buy a new SSD 1TB in replacement of...
  4. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is it allowed to transfer Windows from one hard disk to another?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it allowed to transfer Windows from one hard disk to another?: I want to buy a new PC and wanted to ask if I can transfer my Windows from my old PC to my new PC? And if the key is transferred with it? Darf man Windows von einer Festplatte auf eine Andere übertragen?
  7. File transferring to another hard disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File transferring to another hard disk: So I was downloading a game from the Epic Games store and I wouldnt let me download because the disk it was in didnt have enough space. I need help because I dont know how to transfer it because its like embedded there. I also accidentally deleted a hard disk, but it didnt...
  8. Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk

Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk: My wife uses a laptop with 32MB emmc for bootdisk. I installed a 256MB ssd because windows 10 needs additional room to be able to update. How do I transfer Windows 10 to the SSD to boot from the SSD. The recovery partition on the emmc was deleted. Is there a way to...
  9. Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk

Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk: Dear Sir My hard disk is corrupted. How will I install windows in another hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-corrupted-need-to-install-windows-in/87253f42-3d08-4508-9f58-b1e9fc928311
  10. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive without reinstalling it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer my windows to another disk

2. how to transfer windows from a disk to another

3. need to transfer windows 10 to otherb harddrive

4. transfer windows 10 license from one disk to another