Windows 10: I need to "update graphic drivers" but I already have the newest version installed?

Discus and support I need to "update graphic drivers" but I already have the newest version installed? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had this issue for a while now, let me explain:What happens: I try to launch any game, and won't open. Instead of the game opening I get a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jordyrijs, Apr 24, 2021.

1. jordyrijs Win User

I need to "update graphic drivers" but I already have the newest version installed?

I've had this issue for a while now, let me explain:What happens: I try to launch any game, and won't open. Instead of the game opening I get a message along the lines of: 'There was a problem trying to launch this game, your graphics are too old. Please update your drivers.' However, this makes no sense whatsoever, I go into my 'device manager' section, only to find out that I have ALL the newest drivers installed. Then go into window's 'search for updates' section, and again, no updates... I can't ignore the messages either, the launcher wants me to update my driv

:)

jordyrijs, Apr 24, 2021

2. Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 24, 2021
  3. jwdesign Win User
    Graphics card not updating to newest version

Hi, since the newest version of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, I can't use the GPU performance feature. It tells me that I have an comparable GPU available. Update driver to use GPU performance.

The issue is that windows, and intel both say that my drivers are up to date.

It says the version installed is 10.18.10.4276 however, when I download the newest drivers from intel, it says they are version 15.33.42.4358. So when I install it, it keeps going back to version 10.18.10.4276

The computer I have is an dell inspiron 660, it's got an i5 @ 3.0 ghz and an intel (r) hd graphics 2500 with 2gb of ram.

Would appreciate some help, it's been bugging me. GPU performance features really help my workflow.

jwdesign, Apr 24, 2021
  4. I need to "update graphic drivers" but I already have the newest version installed?

Fixing graphic driver

For some reason my graphics driver dies in a day or two every time I reboot it. I can get it working by updating to a DIFFERENT version.. the list they give me has 2 "vega 8 graphics" choices (same version number!) 1 "vega 8 mobile graphics" (which
    is the newest and required to run the AMD software Lenovo update suggests..) and a Microsoft basic display adapter. I can choose any of the 3 vega drivers options and get it working but not every time either but always seem to get it back online (some cycling
    may be required). No matter what every time they fail in a day or two. Works great when it works. Just performed a clean install to no avail. Some insight please! This is the strangest problem I've ever had.

BruceAragona1, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

I need to "update graphic drivers" but I already have the newest version installed?

1. I need to "update graphic drivers" but I already have the newest version installed? - Similar Threads - need update graphic

2. Graphics Driver Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Driver Version: My device cannot run Blender and the community said that it is because my graphics driver doesn't meet the minimum requirement which OpenGL 4.3 support is needed. I brought the device on Oct 2022, and it is a pretty new device, so I want to know will there be a windows update...
  3. Update newest drivers for old graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update newest drivers for old graphics card: Hi, i was just wondering if there's a way, to update new drivers for my old graphic card. I'm currently using an old AMD Radeon HD 6900, and i can't find any new drivers online, i looked everywhere. I installed the latest AMD Catalyst Control Center version, which is from...
  4. Windows wants to update Intel Graphics driver to a version which is already installed

Windows wants to update Intel Graphics driver to a version which is already installed: Hi, I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad C340-14IWL running Windows 10 home version 20H2, build version 19042.662. For some reason, windows keeps wanting to update the Intel Graphics driver to version 26.20.100.7323. This is not the latest Intel Integrated Graphics driver, which...
  5. Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...?

Do I need a socket adapter if I already have...?: Do I still need a socket adapter like this File:Surge pro.JPG - Wikipedia if I already have whole house surge protection? 168508
  6. Newest Drivers not compatible with newest version windows

Newest Drivers not compatible with newest version windows: Got a major problem today. i just update my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti driver to the latest last week. and just update windows to latest update posible today. and suddenly my graphic drivers is not compitible with windows. i cant reroll to previous version of windows because...
  7. i cant install newest nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant install newest nvidia driver: so r/nvidia refused to help me, maybe someone here can help me. i downloaded the lastest nvidia driver 445 for the gtx 1060 win 10 64bit. when i click the .exe the location where the file is, just freezes and it loads endlessly. i have to restart windows explorer in the...
  8. What graphic drivers do i need to install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What graphic drivers do i need to install?: I was About to play the windows store bought Game titled "ROBLOX" but it said i need the latest graphic drivers, but i Don't know which one to get, i can't find it. Can somebody help?...
  9. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....: Still getting the below message on my user account even with Mbam rules downloaded and applied. Doesn't happen on Admin account , i guess i have to download Mbam rules for the "user account" as well . I uninstalled correctly and restarted as requested but still seeing...
  10. Graphics card not updating to newest version

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card not updating to newest version: Hi, since the newest version of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, I can't use the GPU performance feature. It tells me that I have an comparable GPU available. Update driver to use GPU performance. The issue is that windows, and intel both say that my drivers are...