Windows 10: I need to update my windows 10 computer

Discus and support I need to update my windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my school took my computer for 2 years and never updated it and I want to know if theres a way I can update it myself, Yes I own the computer now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TTV Magicimp, Oct 10, 2020.

1. I need to update my windows 10 computer

So my school took my computer for 2 years and never updated it and I want to know if theres a way I can update it myself, Yes I own the computer now they just never reset it and therefore I need and admin account but I don't have one is there a way to bypass it and update my computer I only need to update it because most my applications don't open because it needs the updates.

:)

TTV Magicimp, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

I need to update my windows 10 computer

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

I need to update my windows 10 computer

1. I need to update my windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - need update computer

2. i need help to update my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i need help to update my computer: My pc is telling me it needs an update so i go to the settings and i click check for updates then it shows the 2 important updates it needs. After it tries downloading them but gives me an error it’s very annoying because when my pc tries to do it itself in the background it...
  3. i need help to update my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help to update my computer: My pc is telling me it needs an update so i go to the settings and i click check for updates then it shows the 2 important updates it needs. After it tries downloading them but gives me an error it’s very annoying because when my pc tries to do it itself in the background it...
  4. i need help to update my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need to download windows 10 to my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to download windows 10 to my computer: i need to download and update Windows10 to my computer. i cant update Google anymore because i have Windows 8\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-download-windows-10-to-my-computer/5979f553-bdcb-437b-8894-45fd91a6798f
  6. I need to download windows 10 to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to download windows 10 to my computer: i need to download and update Windows10 to my computer. i cant update Google anymore because i have Windows 8\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-download-windows-10-to-my-computer/5979f553-bdcb-437b-8894-45fd91a6798f
  7. I need to download windows 10 to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I need to download windows 10 on my computer

I need to download windows 10 on my computer: I need to download Windows 10 on my computer, help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-download-windows-10-on-my-computer/9fbd9589-518f-43ff-acd0-fbce870bdcb9
  9. I need to update my computer to windows 1809 17763.55.

I need to update my computer to windows 1809 17763.55.: Where can I find the latest patch to update my computer to Windows version 1809 17763.55 ? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-update-my-computer-to-windows-1809/fe85eb50-e26e-44c4-a7c0-79edae8f0ebf
  10. I need a update for windows 10 on my computer

I need a update for windows 10 on my computer: Split from this thread. I need a update for windows 10 on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/i-need-a-update-for-windows-10-on-my-computer/8b483d5f-74a4-47f9-8e2a-50a3c816475b