Windows 10: i need to update my windows defender but it tells me the app couldn't check for virus and...

Discus and support i need to update my windows defender but it tells me the app couldn't check for virus and... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i jtyjyyyyyyyyyyyt... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GodwinAlu, Oct 31, 2018.

1. GodwinAlu Win User

i need to update my windows defender but it tells me the app couldn't check for virus and...

i jtyjyyyyyyyyyyyt

:)

GodwinAlu, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 31, 2018
  4. i need to update my windows defender but it tells me the app couldn't check for virus and...

windows defender and malware hunter.

from gary utilities I have a program called malware hunter.. It protects against viruses and runs automatically in the background...I also have windows defender which I hadnt been using and am getting messages...glary utilities said that it wasn,t necessary
    to stop the defender...however I once learned that you couldn,t run 2 virus protectors on a computer...

any suggestions and how do I keep defender from running in the background

shulakantor, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

i need to update my windows defender but it tells me the app couldn't check for virus and...

1. i need to update my windows defender but it tells me the app couldn't check for virus and... - Similar Threads - need update defender

2. Windows Update tells me I need to update, but no important updates are appearing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update tells me I need to update, but no important updates are appearing: Updates were automatically downloading normally until recently, but now Windows Update tells me "You're not up to date" and "Your device is missing some important security and quality fixes". However when I hit Check for Updates no new updates are displayed. The last...
  3. Windows Update tells me I need to update, but no important updates are appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update tells me I need to update, but no important updates are appearing: Updates were automatically downloading normally until recently, but now Windows Update tells me "You're not up to date" and "Your device is missing some important security and quality fixes". However when I hit Check for Updates no new updates are displayed. The last...
  4. Windows Update tells me I need to update, but no important updates are appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Everytime I update it tells me that "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes"

Everytime I update it tells me that "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes": I have tried the following:-DISM /F parameter-SFC /SCANNOW-Windows Update TroubleshooterEverytime I try to update my computer it does the exact same thing:"Getting Windows Ready""Restarting"then it reboots to start updating"Working on updates, 0-40% complete"after 40% it...
  6. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."*moved from Windows / Apps on...
  7. Notification tells me I have a virus.

Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."...
  8. Windows Defender keeps telling me I have a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender keeps telling me I have a virus: I've downloaded a file which turned out to have a virus. I've removed it manually, but Windows Defender keeps telling me that there is a malicious file present, despite the file no longer existing. I've did a deep ESET and Norton scan that found nothing, but Windows Defender...
  9. Windows defender telling I have virus but I dont

Windows defender telling I have virus but I dont: My windows defender is telling me I have a virus that I got away then after it still tells me about the same virus even tho its not there And I tried multiply times and it still tells me about that virus...
  10. Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...

Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...: In the task bar I see "actions needed" [ATTACH] But if I open the Windows Defender Security Center I do not see any "action needed" ! Why? [ATTACH]...