Windows 10: I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

Discus and support I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mason Gilmore, Mar 18, 2024.

1. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my laptop connected to two monitors where I can have an extended display capable of doing what I previously said above. Can anyone help me with that?

:)

Mason Gilmore, Mar 18, 2024
  2. Yro82 Win User

Remote Desktop app (NOT Connection) dual monitor

Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app (NOT Remote Desktop Connection). Im on a PC running Windows 10 home.

Yro82, Mar 19, 2024
  3. F Mendes Win User
    Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors

I have a Microsoft 11 Home computer and am using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app (not the Remote Desktop Connection app). I've been working from home since the pandemic, and have finally invested in a new set-up, but I cannot get the dual monitors to work on my new computer despite it working just fine on my previous laptop (MacOS). I cannot pull up any sort of Display settings on the Remote Desktop app, although I was able to do this on my old laptop. I'm able to remotely connect just fine, and the other monitor itself works and is connected correctly, but whenever I try to remotely connect and use both monitors, I am unable to do so.

What am I doing wrong that isn't letting me set up the dual monitors on the Remote Desktop app? Thanks in advance.

F Mendes, Mar 19, 2024
  4. jcmcbt Win User

I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

remote access dual monitors

Using windows 10 at home, remote access to windows 7. Want to utilize dual monitors at home (use dual at work) unable to select Use all monitors in options on display tab with remote desktop (grey). Is this a way to utilize my dual monitors at home using
    remote desktop?

ty.

jcmcbt, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

1. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection. - Similar Threads - need dual monitors

2. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  3. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  4. Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors: I have a Microsoft 11 Home computer and am using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app not the Remote Desktop Connection app. I've been working from home since the pandemic, and have finally invested in a new set-up, but I cannot get the dual monitors to work on my new computer...
  5. Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors

Remote Desktop Not Allowing the Use of Dual Monitors: I have a Microsoft 11 Home computer and am using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app not the Remote Desktop Connection app. I've been working from home since the pandemic, and have finally invested in a new set-up, but I cannot get the dual monitors to work on my new computer...
  6. Connecting 2 PCs one to use dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connecting 2 PCs one to use dual monitors: This relates to 2 x W10 64 bit machines. Just starting new job and they have a provided 2 x wide screen monitors, a Thinkpad laptop and Thinkpad dock. I have an existing PC ... which until now I connected to an Avocent switchview DVI (KVM) Now I want to connect the lap top...
  7. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  8. Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor

Remote Desktop app NOT Connection dual monitor: Hey how do I use dual monitor for Remote Desktop app NOT Remote Desktop Connection. Im on a PC running Windows 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-app-not-connection-dual-monitor/124b215c-3ec6-426e-8981-51d0896c0b2c
  9. dual monitor while connecting remotely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor while connecting remotely: I am able to use dual monitors. However, while using only laptop without the 2nd monitor hooked up I am able to remote into my workstation and the screen appears as if I where sitting in the office. When I connect the 2nd monitor the bottom tool bar reverts back to my...
  10. Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...