Windows 10: I need "Turn off display" option for Power Button as it worked before ver.20H2

Discus and support I need "Turn off display" option for Power Button as it worked before ver.20H2 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Unfortunately I see another strange problem with Windows version 20H2.I need "Turn off display" option for power button. It worked on Win ver. 1909 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Vlad P., Jun 6, 2021.

1. Vlad P. Win User

I need "Turn off display" option for Power Button as it worked before ver.20H2

Unfortunately I see another strange problem with Windows version 20H2.I need "Turn off display" option for power button. It worked on Win ver. 1909 on my Surface Book - not from the box but with registry setting CsEnabled=0But that option disappeared in ver. 20H2. That's is just another annoying bug as there is a Power&Sleep settings to turn off the Display after inactivity time. So the function to turn off the display exists and it shouldn't be related to any of the sleep modes.I had to revert Win ver. to 1909 because of that and won't upgrade to the new version until Microsoft fixes that

:)

Vlad P., Jun 6, 2021

2. turning off the display option for power button

Hi Caro,

The function to turn off the display on your device only affects the monitor but the rest of the programs still run in the background. On the other hand, sleep mode turns off any unused programs to save energy. To change the power option on your device,
    follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Power and sleep button settings, click the drop-down arrow for
      When I press the power button: option and select Turn off the display.
    • Click Save changes.

Once you're done, check if the music still plays after clicking the power button.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Darwin Dim, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 (9570) and a feature I am very fond of under Power Options is not available on this machine.

On my older machine (Dell M3800) I set the Power Button to "Turn off the Display", which helps save power and improves privacy when I step away from the computer without putting it to sleep.

This machine on the other hand, does not list "Turn off the Display" as an option under the Power Button dropdown.

See screen-grab below.

I need "Turn off display" option for Power Button as it worked before ver.20H2 22770e66-78c4-470e-9368-7a6c39f16ce3?upload=true.png

I've checked if it is the Dell power plan that restricts this, but the "Balanced" one has the same list of options.

The machine is running Windows 10 Home 1803

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as Dell forums so far have been reluctant to accept that this is indeed a feature.

KastytisDonauskis, Jun 6, 2021
  4. I need "Turn off display" option for Power Button as it worked before ver.20H2

Windows 10 turn off display , music stop and power options problem.

Hello everyone.

I have Windows 10 Tablet, x86-64, Single Language Ver. 1703.

When i listening music from spotify, i press power button for turn off display, music stops.

I checked power options but there no "Turn off display" option in Power Options > Power Button. Only Sleep, Hibernate, Shutdown.

I downloaded many scripts for only turn off display but doing same.

What is the solution of this?

Regards.

Nalbantoğlu, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

I need "Turn off display" option for Power Button as it worked before ver.20H2

1. I need "Turn off display" option for Power Button as it worked before ver.20H2 - Similar Threads - need Turn off

2. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  3. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  4. Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.: Hey, I just own a new PC, and i cannot found the button of "Turn off Display"... I've read from here that I can go to here: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power" and edit the "CsEnabled" registry, but there is no "CsEnabled" registry there. What...
  5. no power button - "turn off display" option Windows 10 Home 20H2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no power button - "turn off display" option Windows 10 Home 20H2: Since the windows update, the option to use the power button to turn off the display has disappeared from my advanced power options. I have the shutdown, hibernate, sleep and do nothing options, but not the "turn off display" option. The PC is a Surface Pro 6 and the...
  6. No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.: I want to customise my power button of my laptop Dell XPS on Windows 10 Home to make the display turn off. No sleep or hibernate. Up until now the solution was given here by MariusTC:...
  7. Turn Off the Display Via the Power Button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turn Off the Display Via the Power Button: I would like to turn off the display on my tablet without putting it to sleep via pressing the power button. I read that the Power Options allow this. But, when I looked, I saw only Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, and Shut down. Turn off the display is not available. What...
  8. turn off display option missing in system power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off display option missing in system power settings: I just got my first laptop 2 days ago from HP. Already in hindsight, I kind of wish I hadn't because of the lame support options, but the laptop itself is just fine with excellent display & performance. The keyboard is nice but the backlighting at my preferred sitting angle...
  9. Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed: Hi guys, I've recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 (9570) and a feature I am very fond of under Power Options is not available on this machine. On my older machine (Dell M3800) I set the Power Button to "Turn off the Display", which helps save power and improves privacy when I...
  10. Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work: I have two 24-inch displays. Its really nice to have them turn off (low power mode) when I have not been active on the computer. Sometimes they don't turn off after the time setting, 3 min, 5 min, whatever. It appears that some system program that is running is causing the...