Windows 10: I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.

Discus and support I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I lost all of my files. Today, i started up my computer. I remember i was in the login screen. I entered my password and waited for my computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zenxnko, May 14, 2022.

1. zenxnko Win User

I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.

I lost all of my files. Today, i started up my computer. I remember i was in the login screen. I entered my password and waited for my computer to start. While i was waiting, i grabbed a paper towel and started to clean the dust in my keyboard, like i always do. I don't know what i accidentally pressed, but it was in the upper part of the keyboard where the fnumber keys are then the screen suddenly changed, there was a notice and two options. This quickly disappeared without giving me time to react and i was back in the login screen. I was confused, but didn't think about it too much. I en

:)

zenxnko, May 14, 2022
  2. bgbrother Win User

Urgent! All files on my USB drive's suddenly disappeared

Hi. Thank you, I did as instructed and only two files are listed. I can actually see them myself after opting to show hidden files in File Explorer:

I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files. [​IMG]

The drive did contain hundreds, if not thousands of user files.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, on the first screenshot (second picture) it's open, that can be seen in the address bar (even though on the left 'my computer' is highlighted in blue, no idea why. Too bad MS forces local languages upon users, I would have opted for English but instead it chose Bulgarian for me... I still hope I can make the situation clear enough)
    Anyway, I took a new screenshot as suggested:

I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files. [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked up the drive's status in Disk management, it's listed as healthy, active, primary partition.

bgbrother, May 14, 2022
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 14, 2022
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 14, 2022
Thema:

1. I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files. - Similar Threads - need urgent help

2. I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.: I lost all of my files. Today, i started up my computer. I remember i was in the login screen. I entered my password and waited for my computer to start. While i was waiting, i grabbed a paper towel and started to clean the dust in my keyboard, like i always do. I don't know...
  3. I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.: I lost all of my files. Today, i started up my computer. I remember i was in the login screen. I entered my password and waited for my computer to start. While i was waiting, i grabbed a paper towel and started to clean the dust in my keyboard, like i always do. I don't know...
  4. I NEED URGENT HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I NEED URGENT HELP: Help! I am on windows 10!So I did a system reset on my laptop. after the reset, I still had my old files on the windows.old folder. My files were located on a very long subfolder on a subfolder on a subfolder... and about 20 more of that. Now, the subfolders that the files...
  5. I NEED URGENT HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I NEED URGENT HELP: Help! I am on windows 10!So I did a system reset on my laptop. after the reset, I still had my old files on the windows.old folder. My files were located on a very long subfolder on a subfolder on a subfolder... and about 20 more of that. Now, the subfolders that the files...
  6. Urgent help needed for a password reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Urgent help needed for a password reset: Hello,I need help with a password reset, I recently forgot my password and was unable to reset it the normal way by sending a confirmation code to a phone number because I got a new phone number and forgot to add it to Microsoft. So than I sent that form that asks you your...
  7. I need urgent help with my new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need urgent help with my new PC: I don't know what happens but I connected my headphones and when I play a video the sound comes out of my computer, not my headphones, please someone could indicate me if I have to set something up?...
  8. I need URGENT help "reseting" an EXE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need URGENT help "reseting" an EXE: Hello, Im using a program called "Reset Canon ST4905" to reset my printer. The problem is that i introduced a wrong number in the ID for accident, and now i can't go back, if i close it and open it, it stays in the menu after i introduced an ID. It's not an installed program,...
  9. I urgently need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I urgently need help: my notebook lenovo ideapad 330 some weird version witout cd mechanic and with windows 10, intel core i7, nvidia gtx 1080, Ssd 250gb, Hdd 1tb: when i try to boot it up it says windows couldn't start properly tray restart that can repair the problem or other options. well...
  10. URGENT! I really need help with my Touchpad!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    URGENT! I really need help with my Touchpad!: Hello! My touchpad is not working. I have searched all the forums, and looked at other answers to this question, but NONE OF THEM WORK! I am sick and tired or trying to find and download drivers. Therefore, I am asking for help. My ICD 2 Driver has no error, I have...