Windows 10: I need windows 10 home, but it keep giving me windows 10 education as a clean install... WHY?!

Discus and support I need windows 10 home, but it keep giving me windows 10 education as a clean install... WHY?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, long story short, when I bought this laptop, it came with Windows 7. When windows offered free upgrade to windows 10, I upgraded...so then,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ihatewindowsedu, Sep 13, 2018.

1. I need windows 10 home, but it keep giving me windows 10 education as a clean install... WHY?!

Hi, long story short, when I bought this laptop, it came with Windows 7. When windows offered free upgrade to windows 10, I upgraded...so then, anniversary update happened... and for some weird reason, my HOME GAMING LAPTOP upgraded (not by choice) to windows 10 EDUCATION...

Since then, I couldn't activate... but since I can keep using, I didn't bother with it. So, fast forward, I need to do a clean install of windows...

I have specifically download the iso that stated "THIS ISO COMES WITH WINDOWS 10 HOME AND PRO EDITION".

I have done clean install THREE times in a row. It's still WINDOWS 10 EDUCATION... WHY?!

When I do clean install... there's never any prompt asking me to input a product key.

So, I have a legit windows 10 home key. I don't have a windows 10 education key, because I'm a working member of the society, definitely not a student anywhere anymore and this is my gaming laptop at home... it is very exasperating... I want to activate my windows so I can change some settings...

How can I actually get this windows to install as WINDOWS 10 HOME?! Even changing the product key doesn't work. I'm very aggravated right now sigh...

:)

ihatewindowsedu, Sep 13, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 13, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

I need windows 10 home, but it keep giving me windows 10 education as a clean install... WHY?!

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

I need windows 10 home, but it keep giving me windows 10 education as a clean install... WHY?!

1. I need windows 10 home, but it keep giving me windows 10 education as a clean install... WHY?! - Similar Threads - need home keep

2. Clean Install of Windows 10 keeps giving me blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install of Windows 10 keeps giving me blue screens: Hello,My computer has been failing on me a lot recently, but I thought, no big deal, I need to do a big clean up anyway, so might as well start over on a blank slate with a fresh install of Windows 10. I just completed it, but my issues keep happening. I keep getting crashes...
  3. Clean Install of Windows 10 keeps giving me blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Install of Windows 10 keeps giving me blue screens: Hello,My computer has been failing on me a lot recently, but I thought, no big deal, I need to do a big clean up anyway, so might as well start over on a blank slate with a fresh install of Windows 10. I just completed it, but my issues keep happening. I keep getting crashes...
  4. Clean Install of Windows 10 keeps giving me blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Clean Install WIndows Education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install WIndows Education: I originally build a pc and someone had a flashdrive with Windows Pro or so I though so I can download it and have at least the Windows basics without putting the product id. Years later I finally went and purchased Windows Home from official Microsoft Website and did a clean...
  6. Clean Install WIndows Education

Clean Install WIndows Education: I originally build a pc and someone had a flashdrive with Windows Pro or so I though so I can download it and have at least the Windows basics without putting the product id. Years later I finally went and purchased Windows Home from official Microsoft Website and did a clean...
  7. Windows 10 Education or Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Education or Home: So my college offers free windows 10 education key and I'm going to be building a new pc soon that's for school work and just normal day use. After I install windows OS via usb drive should I pick windows 10 home or windows 10 education. Also will it matter if I pick home,...
  8. Windows 10 Home to Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello, currently I have Windows 10 Home installed, I was wondering if I were to insert a Windows 10 Education key, would it automatically upgrade, also would it keep my data and apps that were installed?...
  9. Windows 10 Education/ Home

Windows 10 Education/ Home: I am a student of st.mary schools, when I attempted to sign in with my school account on my personal laptop it automatically upgraded itself to windows 10 education from my windows 10 home. I want home back how do I do it? I've tried to input the OEM licence and it said it...
  10. Need Help With Clean Install Of Windows 10 Home

Need Help With Clean Install Of Windows 10 Home: Hello All, I am licensed to run Windows 10 Home Edition on my PC, but I tried to "upgrade" to Pro without a license. It installed but it would not activate. I need to go back to Home Edition, so I tried everything I could think of but it would not work, so I tried a clean...