Windows 10: I need Windows Indexing to index and search all contents

Discus and support I need Windows Indexing to index and search all contents in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 version 20H2, OS Build 19042.1052. I save emails and word documents that apply to projects in a folder for the given project.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by geercom, Jun 30, 2021.

1. geercom Win User

I need Windows Indexing to index and search all contents

I am running Windows 10 version 20H2, OS Build 19042.1052. I save emails and word documents that apply to projects in a folder for the given project. When I go to search on a keyword or phrase that I know appears in at least some of the documents and emails, I get nothing. I type the word into the search field in the upper-right of the open folder, and I hit enter if necessary. I get back that no items match my search. I don't mind if the search process is a little slower. I always need the index to always be able to deliver the search results it should based on the content in the folder and what's inside those files as well as the names of the files. How do I do this? What is the process for setting Windows Indexing up for this?

:)

geercom, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Oto_ Win User

Search indexer

Is there a tool in Windows to check search indexer contents? I would like to know what each indexer has actually indexed for each file. For example click on file and get not only properties but list of strings for this file. For email messages it works
    ok but when searching in file contents on disk it mostly doesn't find what should be there.

3. Jan Del Win User
    Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Search - Indexing not running

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you're having issues when using search is because of a corrupted user profile. For us to assist you, we suggest that you create another account with administrator privileges and try to use the search feature again. Here's an
    article that you can visit to see how to do it:
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the steps listed below to correct the settings of your Indexed folder:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type %LocalAppData%.
    • Select Packages.
    • Click on windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    • Choose LocalState.
    • Right-click the Indexed folder.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Click the checkbox beside Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties so that a check mark appears.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK. A window with a progress bar will pop up as the folder is indexed.
    • Click OK when the indexing progress is finished.

After doing the steps provided, kindly try to use the search feature again.

Kindly update us with the results and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. I need Windows Indexing to index and search all contents - Similar Threads - need Indexing index

2. search indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search indexing: i cannot able to on search indexing and when i try to off or on the search indexing it is not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing/4dfc976c-6238-4bd2-9da5-e390b5e5cbb3
  3. search indexing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search indexing: i cannot able to on search indexing and when i try to off or on the search indexing it is not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing/4dfc976c-6238-4bd2-9da5-e390b5e5cbb3
  4. Search Index

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Index: Sir, I have HP 14s laptop with windows 10 OS and my laptop has been some issue with search index Indexing is not running from few days back and I have to know proper solution to solve this problem. I already done with all step present on Youtube and by HP consultant on...
  5. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: hello the search in taskbar stopped working for some reason it i think crashes when i type or click on something in it, i have tried running the trouble shooter multiple times nothing, did this thing with power shell still nothing, did the w + r and then command Still nothing...
  6. Search Index Not Consistently Indexing Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Index Not Consistently Indexing Contents: Hello, I think I have hit the limit of my knowledge with an issue I'm hitting and figured I would share in case anyone has any insights! I'm currently running Windows 10.0.19042 on this machine. I am using the Windows Search Index in a powershell script in order to help with...
  7. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: 1 my windows search does not search the d directory. 2 it happened at once that my index stopped working, when i go to the settings is crashes, i have tried all methods like run, command prompt, and at the end i restarted windows from iso, now i don't know what else i can...
  8. File search indexing seems to NOT include contents

in Cortana
    File search indexing seems to NOT include contents: Hello, again, and thank you for reading my post. When I had a WindowsXP PC, it was pretty easy to search a folder and its subfolders, too based on the contents of the files therein such as by asking for a search based on a keyword or other text string. However, with my...
  9. Windows Search and Indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search and Indexing: When I rebuild the index, I get the message "indexing complete" after a couple of hours, but only 4,000 files are indexed, which is only a small percentage of the total number of files in the directories I've listed for indexing. One directory contains over 10,000 files, a...
  10. Windows Search and - allow contents on this drive to be indexed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search and - allow contents on this drive to be indexed: If I disable the setting "allow contents on this drive to be indexed" does it impact the windows search feature? My C drive is an SSD. I have been having issues with windows explorer being very slow on all drive so been researching possible issues. I came across that I...