Windows 10: I need Winre.wim for Windows 1809 in order to update to windows 1903

Discus and support I need Winre.wim for Windows 1809 in order to update to windows 1903 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to update to Windows 10. Unfortunately, every time I try to update, I get these errors: Error retrieving setup platform result:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SummeR-, Oct 29, 2019.

1. I need Winre.wim for Windows 1809 in order to update to windows 1903

I'm trying to update to Windows 10. Unfortunately, every time I try to update, I get these errors:

Error retrieving setup platform result: [0x80070002] into: Reporting post reboot event -> [0xC1900101, 0x40017]

Now I was wondering what were the cause, and I think I've figured it out. I've messed up my recovery partition and I found this error in the setuperr logs:

RegOpenKeyEx(RecEnv) failed: 0x2

every time I try to update.

In the setupact logs, I see ReadBcdAndUpdateEnhancedConfigInfo BCD recovery entry points to invalid location (no winre.wim at \?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolume10\Recovery\WindowsRE)

Now the reason for this is because:

I've lose winre.wim

Now I can't use "reset" because it error's out saying they don't have the recovery. And I extracted winre.wim for windows 1903 and put it in it's place but it errors out again saying:

"There was a problem resetting your pc".

So now I just want to test using winre.wim from a version 1809 windows with OS build 17763.832.

Any other help you can give would be great. I've already done the usual, unplugged all other usb except for keyboard/mouse/monitor. I've updated my drivers or disabled them.

But the key is, I need to know where I can get this specific file.

submitted by /u/SummeR-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SummeR-, Oct 29, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 29, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 29, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

I need Winre.wim for Windows 1809 in order to update to windows 1903

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

I need Winre.wim for Windows 1809 in order to update to windows 1903

1. I need Winre.wim for Windows 1809 in order to update to windows 1903 - Similar Threads - need Winre wim

2. How to update Windows 1809 to 1903?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to update Windows 1809 to 1903?: I am using a Windows 10 and I used to run windows in version 1903 but my PC got reformat and now I'm back to 1809 I want to update back to 1903 but it doesn't show up on the Windows Update anymore, I tried to do it manually but it shows this...
  3. WINDOWS UPDATE 1809 TO 1903

WINDOWS UPDATE 1809 TO 1903: IS THERE A WAY TO SAVE FILES, APPS AND SETTINGS IN THE WINDOWS UPDATE EVERYTIME I ALLOW WINDOWS UPDATE FROM 1809 TO 1903 I LOSE THE ABOVE. SO I AM FORCED TO RESTORE POINT BACK TO BEFORE THE UPDATE. THANKS, VAC...
  4. Windows 1903 to 1809

Windows 1903 to 1809: I recently upgraded my pc to windows version 1903. I can' t play games anymore since i had the 1809 version. i watched some tutorials online and found out there is an optian to 'roll back' a windows update. but it doesnt appear for me since i have the update for 10 for...
  5. Windows update to 1903 since 1809

Windows update to 1903 since 1809: I face this problem three times, actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason, but I am sure it is a software problem. every time I try to download or update to the latest version of Windows, that is, 1903. We are offering this update to compatible devices,...
  6. Windows 10 will not be updated from 1809 to 1903

Windows 10 will not be updated from 1809 to 1903: I have tried several methods to update this laptop, but nothing works. Any idea why, it won't be updated now? Is it time for a new installation?...
  7. Updating windows to 1903 from 1809

Updating windows to 1903 from 1809: I am facing this problem thrice , Actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason but I am damn sure that it is a software problem. whenever I am trying to download or upgrade to the latest version of windows i.e. 1903. I am getting the message from windows and...
  8. Feature updates 1809 & 1903 on Windows 10

Feature updates 1809 & 1903 on Windows 10: I have 2 computers, an older Toshiba & a newer Dell. Both have windows 10. The Toshiba updated from version 1803 to version 1809 some time ago. The Dell still has version 1803 on it. I never received a notification on the Dell to update to version 1809 but now I am getting...
  9. W10 1809 to 1903 update

W10 1809 to 1903 update: Lenovo ThinkCentre E73, I have updated from W10 1809 to 1903 and the PC has now gone really slow and having issues with admin rights, I have chkdsk'd and scannow'd' but no issues found. Tried an inplace update in case windows was corrupted and get the message some hardware on...
  10. Update Windows 10 - From 1809 to 1903

Update Windows 10 - From 1809 to 1903: Dear Friends, I can't get 1903 update from Windows Update. [ATTACH] But with Windows 10 Update Assistant, I can get this update. [ATTACH] Why cannot get this update from Windows Update in Windows Setting? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download windows 1809 winRE.wim