Windows 10: I never signed up for a Microsoft family account. How did this happen?

Discus and support I never signed up for a Microsoft family account. How did this happen? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; All of a sudden I have a Microsoft Family account that I did not sign up for at least I don't think I did. I don't want this account. I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SKstevens.72, Mar 13, 2020.

1. I never signed up for a Microsoft family account. How did this happen?

All of a sudden I have a Microsoft Family account that I did not sign up for at least I don't think I did.

I don't want this account. I have Microsoft Word program that I purchased and I don't want that disrupted

if I cancel this erroneous forced account.

Please advise.

:)

SKstevens.72, Mar 13, 2020

2. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. I never signed up for a Microsoft family account.  How did this happen? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Mar 13, 2020
  4. I never signed up for a Microsoft family account. How did this happen?

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

I never signed up for a Microsoft family account. How did this happen?

1. I never signed up for a Microsoft family account. How did this happen? - Similar Threads - never signed Microsoft

2. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  3. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  4. I never signed up for Wallet -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I never signed up for Wallet -: I never signed up for Wallet - I was shocked to see my credit card information there. I removed the card, but do not want this to happen again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-signed-up-for-wallet/ee7a6e0b-4f6e-41cd-92ce-c0341768fca6
  5. I never signed up for Wallet -

I never signed up for Wallet -: I never signed up for Wallet - I was shocked to see my credit card information there. I removed the card, but do not want this to happen again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-signed-up-for-wallet/ee7a6e0b-4f6e-41cd-92ce-c0341768fca6
  6. I never signed up for Wallet -

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up": I've just installed the Microsoft Editor extension on Edge and I want to sign in. However, nothing happens when I click "Sign in or sign up." Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks!...
  8. Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up"

Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up": I've just installed the Microsoft Editor extension on Edge and I want to sign in. However, nothing happens when I click "Sign in or sign up." Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks!...
  9. Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive: I recently replaced my older desktop pc with a new model with Windows 11 Home installed. I went through the setup process and established my MS Account as an Administrator. A lot of my Microsoft information and settings were automatically synced. I went through and installed...
  10. Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive

Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive: I recently replaced my older desktop pc with a new model with Windows 11 Home installed. I went through the setup process and established my MS Account as an Administrator. A lot of my Microsoft information and settings were automatically synced. I went through and installed...