Windows 10: I no longer get any notifications above the taskbar in Windows 10 when I receive a new...

Discus and support I no longer get any notifications above the taskbar in Windows 10 when I receive a new... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Until a month ago, whenever I received a new email in Outlook, I would get 1 a pop-up notification that showed the title of the email, and its opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel_in_Sydney, Jun 8, 2020.

1. I no longer get any notifications above the taskbar in Windows 10 when I receive a new...

Until a month ago, whenever I received a new email in Outlook, I would get 1 a pop-up notification that showed the title of the email, and its opening text, and 2 a yellow envelope icon would appear in the task bar until that email had been read.

Both of these things stopped a month ago.

I have tried a number of solutions that I have seen suggested on a number of other forums, including:

1. Checking my Outlook settings under "Message arrival" to see whether "Show an envelope icon in the taskbar" and "Display a Desktop Alert" are ticked they are;
    2. Checking my settings in Notifications & Actions under "Get notifications from these apps" to check that Outlook is switched On it is;
    3. Right-clicking the Outlook icon in my task bar to make sure that "Show New Mail Desktop Alert" is ticked it is;
    4. Making sure that shortcuts to Office and Outlook are included in the groups section of the Windows Start Menu they are;
    5. Disabling the Action Centre using Edit Group Policy no effect.

What is the solution? As I said, this worked fine a month ago and then just stopped. I need this fixed urgently as I am missing emails when they come in, and sometimes am not noticing them until an hour or two later, which is not fast enough.

If it cannot be fixed, can anyone think of a workaround, even using software I need to download, where I can get a pop-up of some kind to appear in front of whatever else I'm working on each time a new Outlook email comes in?

Dan

:)

Daniel_in_Sydney, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications

Hi Mikael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

When the ‘Auto-hide’ feature for the Windows taskbar is enabled, the taskbar will stay hidden until an application needs your attention. For regular apps like ‘Skype’, the application’s taskbar icon starts flashing when there is
    a notification. You can simply click on the glowing taskbar icon to let the application know that you have seen the notification and the task bar will ‘Auto-hide’ once again. It is the same for the background system applications in the system tray, however,
    in Windows 10 these system notifications go away on their own and you can view them later in ‘Action Centre’.

This feature of Windows 10 is by design. Which means that this can be solved either by letting the application know that you have seen its notification by clicking on it and viewing it once or by configuring it to stop notifying.

I would suggest you to check the ‘Notifications and actions’ settings in the ‘Settings’ application. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘I’ key together, this will open the ‘Settings’ application.
    2. Click on ‘System’ and select ‘Notification & actions’ from the options on the left.
    3. Scroll down to find ‘Get notifications from apps and other senders’, you can toggle it ‘Off’ to stop receiving notifications or you could scroll down to toggle ‘Off’ the notifications from the individual applications.
    4. Some applications will have settings within the application itself to prevent the notification. I suggest you check with that as well.

We value your suggestion, if you wish to provide a feedback relating to your suggestion, please ‘click
    here
    ’.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2020
  4. I no longer get any notifications above the taskbar in Windows 10 when I receive a new...

having a problem with Windows 10 taskbar. help needed,

It's still happening after i have done the above mentioned steps. I was running FireFox, I had 3 tabs open. 2 were Newegg.com, 1 was TPU. Closing them did NOT resolve the issue. Im starting to think that this is being caused by a windows process. notifications are entirely off too. FFS, this is really annoying.

***edit***
    I tried This fix, and im Hoping it will work.
    RAN=elevated PowerShell\Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}\Enter\fingers Crossed *Wink I no longer get any notifications above the taskbar in Windows 10 when I receive a new... ;)

I Also installed "start10" and customised the start Menu, and Added a proper start button. Still no frozen taskbar, and its been Far longer than it normally takes until it used to happen.

jboydgolfer, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

I no longer get any notifications above the taskbar in Windows 10 when I receive a new...

1. I no longer get any notifications above the taskbar in Windows 10 when I receive a new... - Similar Threads - longer notifications above

2. Not receiving notifications of new emails on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving notifications of new emails on Windows 10: This has happened before and each time so far it has been something on Outlooks end. However, just in case: I am no longer getting notifications on my Windows 10 PC when a new email arrives. I have not changed any settings involving notifications since yesterday, nothing has...
  3. Not receiving notifications of new emails on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not receiving notifications of new emails on Windows 10: This has happened before and each time so far it has been something on Outlooks end. However, just in case: I am no longer getting notifications on my Windows 10 PC when a new email arrives. I have not changed any settings involving notifications since yesterday, nothing has...
  4. My screens turns on when I receive any notification

My screens turns on when I receive any notification: My screen is set to turn off after 15 of inactivity, but when i receive any notification, it turns on for about 3-5 seconds and turns off again. I don't want it to do that, it didn't before, I don't know if it's a bug from a update or i changed something without knowing. I...
  5. My screens turns on when I receive any notification

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screens turns on when I receive any notification: My screen is set to turn off after 15 of inactivity, but when i receive any notification, it turns on for about 3-5 seconds and turns off again. I don't want it to do that, it didn't before, I don't know if it's a bug from a update or i changed something without knowing. I...
  6. My screens turns on when I receive any notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. when i press the @sign above the 2 i get "

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i press the @sign above the 2 i get ": when i press the @sign on the number 2 i get" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-sign-above-the-2-i-get/ce003ab4-315c-41d2-ac57-b92b8b1f4a86
  8. Notifications. I am no longer receiving email or calendar notifications.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications. I am no longer receiving email or calendar notifications.: Hi, Since last update. I am no longer receiving email "Google or Outlook" or calendar notifications I have checked setting/email accounts I have checked settings in "Notifications & actions, get notifications from apps and other senders is "ON" I have checked Focus...
  9. Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop taskbar from not autohiding when receiving notifications: Hi, I am wondering if there is any way of stopping the Taskbar from not auto-hiding when one of my active programs, e.g. Skype, sends a notifcation. Answers I've seen on the forums are something like "To resolve your concern, we suggest that you click the little arrow at the...
  10. Cannot receive any Notification

Cannot receive any Notification: Why is my "Show app notifications" toggle button disabled? I cannot receive any notification from app like: Mail, Facebook, Twitter... [img] 13000