Windows 10: I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various applications and now window...

Discus and support I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various applications and now window... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm logged into my computer as a user, and see my subdirectory under the C:\user directory, but more and more I no longer see the same named directory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HowardBOne, Apr 19, 2021.

1. I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various applications and now window...

I'm logged into my computer as a user, and see my subdirectory under the C:\user directory, but more and more I no longer see the same named directory under the D:\users directory. This first started back in January in various programs, but I could see my user directory with the windows file explorer tool. Today, when I used the windows file explorer tool, I didn't see my user directory under the D:\user directory.

However, I know that my user directory is there because if I type in my user name into the directory path input, my name is offered as a choice, and accepting it does display the directory and the subdirectories. Also, when I navigate down into these directory, I can read, write, create, and delete files and subdirectories without being prompted for access. Finally, in the windows file explorer, if I enable display of the the owner column, I see my user name.

This is increasingly this is becoming a problem in some programs, because when they try to access configuration information stored under the D:\users\username\... subdirectories, they can't find them.

I'm using the latest version of window 10 home. The programs that I'm having trouble worked fine in windows 10 last year. I'm using a very good, and upto date virus checker, which also looks for malware, and it doesn't find any problems.

Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thank you

:)

HowardBOne, Apr 19, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Ron_52 Win User
    Upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 now D drive missing

Hello,

Upon upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 my D drive is no longer listed under my PC. I tried a search and cannot find it nor can I do a system restore as that requires the D Drive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron_52, Apr 19, 2021
  4. JE0005 Win User

I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various applications and now window...

does file history include subdirectories?

Does Win 10 File History backup feature automatically include all subdirectories of folders that are added to the include list?

That is, if I specify c:\users\username, will all subdirectories under c:\users\username automatically get backed up? Or do I have to manually add each subdirectory?

JE0005, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various applications and now window...

1. I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various applications and now window... - Similar Threads - longer users subdirectory

2. A several weeks ago I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A several weeks ago I no longer see my users subdirectory on my d drive in various...: I'm logged into my computer as a user, and see my subdirectory under the C:\user directory, but more and more I no longer see the same named directory under the D:\users directory. This first started back in January in various programs, but I could see my user directory with...
  3. I merged my D drive and my Desktop :

I merged my D drive and my Desktop :: I was downloading Steam VR and it kept trying to download in my C drive, so looked up how to fix it and some YouTube video told me to do some thing I can't remember but I did it wrong and instead of putting Steam VR in my D drive, it put my Desktop in my D drive and now they...
  4. HELP! I copied my user folder to my D drive, and then deleted the original.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! I copied my user folder to my D drive, and then deleted the original.: As per the title, I have a laptop with two drives, an SSD and a Hard drive. To free space on the SSD(C), I (stupidly) decided that moving the 50ish GB user folder to the D drive via copying, then deleting the origin in the C drive would work. I successfully copied most of...
  5. My D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My D Drive: So I was using my laptop and suddenly boom, my entire D drive went missing. Tried restarting and turning pc on and off and the D drive is still missing. Please help. submitted by /u/TheUniqueUsernameLOL [link] [comments]...
  6. I Can’t Find My D Drive

I Can’t Find My D Drive: So i was using my computer and it running fine, then it gave me that huge frowny face and the screen said it ws scanning for problems and would restart automatically. When it started back up and i logged in, most of my shorcuts were inaccesible and i wasnt able to access my D...
  7. I see my D drive, but I cannot open it and forces me to format it.

I see my D drive, but I cannot open it and forces me to format it.: So about a month ago, my computer randomly was missing the D drive, and I couldn't find it for weeks. Then about 2 weeks ago, it suddenly pops up back into my file directory, but it doesn't show the storage bar or the amount of memory inside. Whenever I double click to open...
  8. remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt

remove OneDrive as subdirectory under my user accounnt: Just did a new install of Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, and under my user name is onedrive. I don't use it nor want it there. Do I just create another user name and then after it's set up delete the old one or HOW do I get rid of this folder set up? Thanks much, Suoe...
  9. Was Once seeing my external drive, plugged into the back of a D-Link Router. Not now?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Was Once seeing my external drive, plugged into the back of a D-Link Router. Not now?: I've had this D-Link router for a couple of years. At least that long I've had a 40g drive plugged into the back of this D-Link. It very handily makes this drive show up on every device I've had in Network or Network Places for moving files and such. For a good while now,...
  10. Can No longer see my wireless

Can No longer see my wireless: Hellow guys, Am new here please bear with me...... I have just upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 Home. Since then my Wireless network is not showing up. I have several networks, others are shown just fine...Only one network is missing. I have co-workers with...