Windows 10: i notice only certain videos don't have thumbnails?

Discus and support i notice only certain videos don't have thumbnails? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i made sure ot turn on an show thumbnails. i see the assassin creed trailers have no thumbnail? just a mp4 file logo? i downloaded them from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Doominator1990, Mar 24, 2021.

1. i notice only certain videos don't have thumbnails?

i made sure ot turn on an show thumbnails.

i see the assassin creed trailers have no thumbnail? just a mp4 file logo?

i downloaded them from youtube.

im assuming not all files support thumbnails?

not an issue since they are the only ones as of now don't have thumbnail an no mater what version of the video. it has no thumbnail.

quake 4 videos originally didn't had thumbnails. but it show son them now. what about assassin creed trailers?

or am i missing an extension?

i do notice the files get blocked when downloading an video?

:)

Doominator1990, Mar 24, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Mar 24, 2021
  4. banditrvp Win User

i notice only certain videos don't have thumbnails?

File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them.

• In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked.
    • On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab, “Enable PDF thumbnails previews in Windows Explorer” is checked.
    • Adobe Acrobat is set as my default PDF viewer.
    • I have used Disk Cleanup to delete all my thumbnails to clear and rebuild the cache, yet the problem persists.
    Any suggestions on how I can see all the pdf icons as thumbnails?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.657
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

I asked over in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum a few days ago but have received no replies.

i notice only certain videos don't have thumbnails? [​IMG]

Ron

banditrvp, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

i notice only certain videos don't have thumbnails?

1. i notice only certain videos don't have thumbnails? - Similar Threads - notice certain videos

2. No more video thumbnails and only for video in Windows 10 explorer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No more video thumbnails and only for video in Windows 10 explorer.: Hello,Everything works fine but about 2 weeks ago I don't remember exactly well, all new videos created or imported on my PC don't display thumbnails anymore Windows 10 x64 Pro 22H2 last update excepted for .wmv and some .avi. Those that had their thumbnails in cache kept...
  3. No more video thumbnails and only for video in Windows 10 explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No more video thumbnails and only for video in Windows 10 explorer.: Hello,Everything works fine but about 2 weeks ago I don't remember exactly well, all new videos created or imported on my PC don't display thumbnails anymore Windows 10 x64 Pro 22H2 last update excepted for .wmv and some .avi. Those that had their thumbnails in cache kept...
  4. No more video thumbnails and only for video in Windows 10 explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display thumbnails only for certain files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display thumbnails only for certain files: The company I work for just issued me a new laptop. The old laptop was running Windows 10 Enterprise, build 17763. The new laptop is running Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 19043. On the old laptop, all files were displayed as icons, on both the desktop and in the File Explorer,...
  6. Display thumbnails only for certain files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display thumbnails only for certain files: The company I work for just issued me a new laptop. The old laptop was running Windows 10 Enterprise, build 17763. The new laptop is running Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 19043. On the old laptop, all files were displayed as icons, on both the desktop and in the File Explorer,...
  7. Display thumbnails only for certain files

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Thumbnails for certain video files are completely broken in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails for certain video files are completely broken in Windows 10: I have a large collection of .webm and .mkv video files that I would like to see thumbnails for. I understand that this is not natively supported, so I downloaded Icaros and activated thumbnailing for webms and mkvs. It did literally nothing. So I downloaded K-lite codec...
  9. How do I enable thumbnails/previews for my photos and videos? I used to have it. i don't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I enable thumbnails/previews for my photos and videos? I used to have it. i don't...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/N0toriousMSG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ju9giu/how_do_i_enable_thumbnailspreviews_for_my_photos/
  10. Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up: Basically when it's a jpg file the thumbnails shows up but when it's a PNG or MP4 file or any type of different file the thumbnail doesn't show up anymore, I tried going into system and check the "show thumbnail not icon" I tried going into folder options and do the same...