Windows 10: I noticed that my Windows 10 Laptop was getting slower and crashing. I found out that this...

Discus and support I noticed that my Windows 10 Laptop was getting slower and crashing. I found out that this... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went into Settings/System/About. Scroll down to Advance Settings. Under performance settings look at the size of the virtual memory. There is a low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesDick3, Aug 2, 2021.

1. I noticed that my Windows 10 Laptop was getting slower and crashing. I found out that this...

I went into Settings/System/About. Scroll down to Advance Settings. Under performance settings look at the size of the virtual memory. There is a low and a high figure. Mine was set at Low 16MB , High 1672 MB! In between was a suggested lower figure this was 1772MB! In other words the virtual memory setings were useless! I set to Custom with a lower figure above the suggested figure at 2412 MB and a High figure of twice this! Click apply on way out! You now need to reboot your PC and probably run a defrag if you have a lot on your hard Disk!

:)

JamesDick3, Aug 2, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 2, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 2, 2021
  4. I noticed that my Windows 10 Laptop was getting slower and crashing. I found out that this...

Windows 10 Getting slower and slower?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the Windows 10 performance, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the
      Search box and hit Enter.
    • Select “System Maintenance” from the
      Troubleshooter window.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Please try to run the Windows Defender to check for the virus on your device.

Refer to: Security & privacy

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

I noticed that my Windows 10 Laptop was getting slower and crashing. I found out that this...

1. I noticed that my Windows 10 Laptop was getting slower and crashing. I found out that this... - Similar Threads - noticed Laptop was

2. Laptop works slower since noticing a problem with administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop works slower since noticing a problem with administrator: Hey guys!I noticed that my laptop works slower since when I go and check proprieties and security, a red X dot showed up. Is there a possibility of changing it back to what it was? I don't know how this happened....
  3. Laptop works slower since noticing a problem with administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop works slower since noticing a problem with administrator: Hey guys!I noticed that my laptop works slower since when I go and check proprieties and security, a red X dot showed up. Is there a possibility of changing it back to what it was? I don't know how this happened....
  4. Laptop crashing and slower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing and slower: Good day to the person on other side of screen,I have hp victus 15-fb0xxx with specsAMD Ryzen 75800H with radeon graphics8x2 gb ram512gb ssdNvidia Geforce Rtx 3050 Ti laptop gpuWindows 11About three days ago, my laptop was left ideal like usual but it crashed and went to blue...
  5. Laptop crashing and slower

Laptop crashing and slower: Good day to the person on other side of screen,I have hp victus 15-fb0xxx with specsAMD Ryzen 75800H with radeon graphics8x2 gb ram512gb ssdNvidia Geforce Rtx 3050 Ti laptop gpuWindows 11About three days ago, my laptop was left ideal like usual but it crashed and went to blue...
  6. My Laptop is now getting slower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is now getting slower: So, it's been almost 2 yrs of owning my laptop. Maybe that's the reason for my laptop being slow, but I just don't have enough patience for chrome to load. It takes ages. While it may be worth noting that I do update my laptop regularly, and maintain fragmented disks. I also...
  7. My Laptop is now getting slower

My Laptop is now getting slower: So, it's been almost 2 yrs of owning my laptop. Maybe that's the reason for my laptop being slow, but I just don't have enough patience for chrome to load. It takes ages. While it may be worth noting that I do update my laptop regularly, and maintain fragmented disks. I also...
  8. Will my old Laptop get slower if I upgrade to Windows10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will my old Laptop get slower if I upgrade to Windows10?: Since its finally the end of support for windows 7, I have decided to upgrade it but unsure whether performance would take a hit. following are the specs 2.2 GHz Intel Core i3 3rd Gen Processor 4 GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB Hard Drive please let me know, if it would get really...
  9. Get Windows 10 icon disappears - I found out why.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Get Windows 10 icon disappears - I found out why.: The "Get Windows 10" icon disappeared from my task bar on July 29 and I was having difficulties figuring out why or what may have been wrong. Then I went and checked my graphics driver level and found I needed a new driver from NVidia that supported Windows 10. Once I...
  10. Everytime I log on either on my laptop or desktop I get this notice

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Everytime I log on either on my laptop or desktop I get this notice: This notice appears on my right notice window (windows 10) every time I log on with either the Laptop or the Desktop. Microsoft Account You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to Launch apps and continue experiences on this...