Windows 10: I now have no Admin a/c

Discus and support I now have no Admin a/c in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows10 Home 1903 The last time I had to reinstall Windows it created an admin account with my nickname, but I actually sign in with my Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by clemenzina, Feb 9, 2020.

1. I now have no Admin a/c

Windows10 Home 1903

The last time I had to reinstall Windows it created an admin account with my nickname, but I actually sign in with my Microsoft a/c. Hence, whenever I rebooted I got "wrong password" and had to click OK, when the two a/cs would show up in the bottom left of the screen and I could sign in with Microsoft a/c.

(It happened once before and I fixed it with guidance from here, but this time... I must have done stoopid things when stressed out, which is nearly all the time!)

In netplwiz I think I must have removed the Microsoft a/c because I was still left with the nickname a/c, but everything was OK because I could carry on as before having to go thru log-on twice, and I don't reboot very often. However, the other day I got fed up with it and went into netplwiz and made the nickname a standard user instead of admin - and now I can't even install a program etc etc because I've got no admin powers, and I can't reverse the nickname a/c to be admin again, can't even access netplwiz without the password for the nickname - which I don't remember ever setting.

I know this is garbled but honestly I can't do any better, am under so much pressure. Please assist.

:)

clemenzina, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

I now have no Admin a/c

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

I now have no Admin a/c

1. I now have no Admin a/c - Similar Threads - Admin

2. I can't access defender files because of admin issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access defender files because of admin issues: I accidentally accepted PUADlManager:Win32/Snackarcin on my device, and I want to purge it off of my device. I followed the steps a support staff at microsoft gave me. Then I hit a wall no matter what I try I can't get into the scans files because only admin can get into it,...
  3. I can't access defender files because of admin issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access defender files because of admin issues: I accidentally accepted PUADlManager:Win32/Snackarcin on my device, and I want to purge it off of my device. I followed the steps a support staff at microsoft gave me. Then I hit a wall no matter what I try I can't get into the scans files because only admin can get into it,...
  4. Can some one tell me please how do I get Admin permission on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can some one tell me please how do I get Admin permission on my laptop: I can't get administrative permission on my laptop I can't install anything it doesn't let me I can't factory reset it doesn't let me I've tried command prompt it doesn't work please anyone help...
  5. Can some one tell me please how do I get Admin permission on my laptop

Can some one tell me please how do I get Admin permission on my laptop: I can't get administrative permission on my laptop I can't install anything it doesn't let me I can't factory reset it doesn't let me I've tried command prompt it doesn't work please anyone help...
  6. Cant reset or factory reset my computer due to not having admin permission windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant reset or factory reset my computer due to not having admin permission windows 11: So I cant factory reset my computer. I don't have admin permissions and I contacted MSI support people i bought pc from they told me to factory reset but I can't without permissions. I run windows 11 and I am pretty sure this is the only account I have. I just need to know...
  7. Cant reset or factory reset my computer due to not having admin permission windows 11

Cant reset or factory reset my computer due to not having admin permission windows 11: So I cant factory reset my computer. I don't have admin permissions and I contacted MSI support people i bought pc from they told me to factory reset but I can't without permissions. I run windows 11 and I am pretty sure this is the only account I have. I just need to know...
  8. How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?: My PC power up login screen shows two admins, but only one shows up in my account to change or administer. The other I cannot login or reset password. When I use cmd and enter net user only one admin account comes up which is mine. The other one that shows on my login screen...
  9. How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?

How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?: My PC power up login screen shows two admins, but only one shows up in my account to change or administer. The other I cannot login or reset password. When I use cmd and enter net user only one admin account comes up which is mine. The other one that shows on my login screen...
  10. Get files from locked admin account

Get files from locked admin account: I have a computer that I got from my previous employment. The admin account have been the Microsoft365 account that I got through that job. This account has now been terminated and that has lead to me being locked out from all of my personal files. Is there any way of getting...