Windows 10: I now own a PC that is no longer managed by an organization. If I change the activation...

Discus and support I now own a PC that is no longer managed by an organization. If I change the activation... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/ReadOurTerms [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvd6p8/i_now_own_a_pc_that_is_no_longer_managed_by_an/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ReadOurTerms, Apr 5, 2020.

1. I now own a PC that is no longer managed by an organization. If I change the activation...

/u/ReadOurTerms, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Windows 10 Organization Activation Key

This sounds like the red "Some settings are managed by your organization" notice that sometimes appears on a Settings page. This can be down to something as simple as using gpedit to change certain settings, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive list of which ones trigger the message. It doesn't mean some sinister 'Organisation' has control of the PC, it just means certain registry settings have been changed from their defaults. The reference to an 'organisation' is because such changes are most commonly found when a company sets a system-wide policy for their employees. I first saw this on my upgrade from Windows 7 to the first RTM release (Win10 Home 10240) last year - and I'm definitely a home-based user. Discussed further here...
    Some settings are managed by your organisation

Bree, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Yancyd66 Win User
    *Some settings are managed by your organization

Did that and it doesn't work.

Open Start Menu and type gpedit.msc.

• Right click on gpedit.msc and Run as Administrator.
    • Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    • Find Allow Telemetry and double click on it.
    • Change its setting to Enabled and change the drop down menu entry to 3-Full.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Again open the file and change setting like before. That means change Enabled to Not Configured.
    • Still see: *Some settings are managed by your organization.

Then tried regedit suggestion from other community person that didn't work:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > PushNotifications.

Now you will see NoToastApplicationNotification. Double click on it.

Now change its value 1 to 0. 1 is default value. You will make it 0.

Click on OK.

Now, Sign out your Microsoft Account. Sign in again.

Issue with this suggestion is that there is no "PushNotifications" listed.

Yancyd66, Apr 5, 2020
  4. y0himba Win User

I now own a PC that is no longer managed by an organization. If I change the activation...

Settings Managed By Organization

Hello.

I have a weird issue. I cannot stop insider builds, change which track I am on, or change feedback settings. Being unable to change feedback settings is preventing me from getting the latest insider builds.

At the top of the relevant pages, it says "Some settings are managed by your organization". The options I need to change are greyed out

I am on my home PC, I am administrator, and I am only a member of a workgroup.

I have tried:

Enabling the hidden administrator account (Still cannot change settings)
    Using GPEDIT (Nothing has been enabled)
    Searching the registry (Relevant keys do not exist)

This is a relatively fresh install, no tweaks or changes made other than the location of the My Documents folder and to enable the dark theme.

Thank you for any help!

I now own a PC that is no longer managed by an organization. If I change the activation... [​IMG]

I now own a PC that is no longer managed by an organization. If I change the activation... [​IMG]

y0himba, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

I now own a PC that is no longer managed by an organization. If I change the activation...

1. I now own a PC that is no longer managed by an organization. If I change the activation... - Similar Threads - own longer managed

2. How do I fix The organization manages the updates on this PC.?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix The organization manages the updates on this PC.?: When I tried to check the windows 11 compatibillity in the pc health check app a popup appeared saying that The organization manages the updates on this PC. How do I fix this?...
  3. An Organization manages updates on pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An Organization manages updates on pc: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11 and I'm using the PC Health Check app and when I click "Check Now" in the PCHC app it says "An Organization manages updates on pc" when no organization manages my pc...
  4. An Organization manages updates on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Organization manages updates on pc: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11 and I'm using the PC Health Check app and when I click "Check Now" in the PCHC app it says "An Organization manages updates on pc" when no organization manages my pc...
  5. An Organization manages updates on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Updates Managed By Organization Though I Am Not In A Organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Managed By Organization Though I Am Not In A Organization: So, I had recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything was going fine. Today I checked for updates I saw a message saying that "Some settings are managed by my organization". I am not in a organizational account, in fact I am in a local account. The only Microsoft Account I...
  7. Updates Managed By Organization Though I Am Not In A Organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates Managed By Organization Though I Am Not In A Organization: So, I had recently upgraded to Windows 10. Everything was going fine. Today I checked for updates I saw a message saying that "Some settings are managed by my organization". I am not in a organizational account, in fact I am in a local account. The only Microsoft Account I...
  8. Updates Managed By Organization Though I Am Not In A Organization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. no longer own mini pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no longer own mini pc: how do i remove my microsoft account from a pc that i cant log on too and how do i find devices i accidently deleted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-longer-own-mini-pc/800fd4a9-1362-4e2b-b7f0-73f67c9aa1ae
  10. Not activated Windows is now activated by organization.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not activated Windows is now activated by organization.: Hi I use free copy of Windows (genuine but not activated Windows) but since yesterday it says Windows is activated by organization. I tried removing the license and restarted my Windows and after I clicked on troubleshooting Windows acrivation, It got activated by...