Windows 10: I / O device error HDD

Discus and support I / O device error HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good evening, This is my system: i7 2600k 1050Ti Samsung EVO 256GB Fatal1ty P67 Performance (Bios 1.3) BeQuiet E8 680W 16GB Ram W10 64 I bought a WD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sevenRA1, May 14, 2019.

1. sevenRA1 Win User

I / O device error HDD

Good evening,

This is my system:
    i7 2600k
    1050Ti
    Samsung EVO 256GB
    Fatal1ty P67 Performance (Bios 1.3)
    BeQuiet E8 680W
    16GB Ram
    W10 64

I bought a WD Red 8.0 TB (WD80EFAX). It shows up in the Bios with the correct size when i plug the hdd on any SATA Port on the mainboard. So far so good. When i enter windows to initialise the hdd (GPT/MBR) i receive an I / Odevice error (in german it shows E/A Gerätefehler).First of all i thought the hdd is damaged and ordered a new one from a different brand. But i got the same error.Then i decided to order a PCIe Card with Marvell 88SE9215 Controller. I picked a driver what i found in this board and plugged the HDD to the PCIe Card. After then i tried to initialise the hdd and it worked like a charm.

I also tried to find help in a german computer board but didnt find the answers i was looking for. I also contacted the ASRock Support. They send me a new Bios Version 2.25b and said "Try this." I havent tried it yet because with the PCIe card my "problem" is solved and also with a new Bios version maybe new problems could araise. The ASRock support also did not give me any changelog information.

My question is why can my mainboard not handle 8 TB hdds? Ive already a 4 TB in the system for a very long time and never had any problems.

This is how my device manager looks like:

:)

sevenRA1, May 14, 2019

2. Can't update audio driver- Showing I/O device error

Hi Christa,

An I/O Device error can occur with different types of hardware devices or media, such as external hard drives, SD cards, SSD, USB flash drives or pen drives. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you run the hardware and devices troubleshooter by
    following these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Type Troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next button and follow the on screen guide.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 14, 2019
  3. I/O Device Error

First off: Can you see this diskdrive in EXPLORER.EXE?

Secondly: Does this device say it is 'working properly', in the HDD sections of devmgmt.msc (run it from Start -> Run, & see)...

*Smile I / O device error HDD :)

* Thanks, because it matters to an extent, on those parts... imo @ least!

APK

Alec§taar, May 14, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

I / O device error HDD

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 14, 2019
Thema:

I / O device error HDD

1. I / O device error HDD - Similar Threads - device error HDD

2. Continual I/O Device Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continual I/O Device Errors: Two complaints - one about the product, the other about this forum.At first it was only the external DVD drive that was being randomly disconnected and reconnected.Now the same thing happens to any or all of the USBs plugged into my external hub. At the same time another...
  3. Continual I/O Device Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continual I/O Device Errors: Two complaints - one about the product, the other about this forum.At first it was only the external DVD drive that was being randomly disconnected and reconnected.Now the same thing happens to any or all of the USBs plugged into my external hub. At the same time another...
  4. Continual I/O Device Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Initializing Hard drive ERROR... an I/O device error

Initializing Hard drive ERROR... an I/O device error: Hello,when I try to 'initialize' my second Hard drive - a pop-up says... the request could not be completed because of an i/o device error.I have Windows 10.and the hard drive that isn't initializing, is new and didn't have anything on it - and just put in.I really need this...
  6. i/o device error 0x8007045D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i/o device error 0x8007045D: My SD card is giving me this i/o error 0x8007045D and does not allow any files to copy, transfer or format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-device-error-0x8007045d/de0aeb12-958a-42b1-8e2a-ae533a3ce986
  7. i/o device error 0x8007045D

i/o device error 0x8007045D: My SD card is giving me this i/o error 0x8007045D and does not allow any files to copy, transfer or format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-device-error-0x8007045d/de0aeb12-958a-42b1-8e2a-ae533a3ce986
  8. i/o device error 0x8007045D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Help with I/O device error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with I/O device error: I'm trying to access a folder on one of my internal HDDs and am getting a 'location is not available' error stating "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." I know this means the drive is failing. It's been a bit dodgy for some time now....
  10. i/o device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i/o device error: Since the latest Windows 10 update, I have had nothing but problems. My computer now only recognizes 1 of 3 external drives. If I unplug the one it recognizes, it shifts to a different drive. I get "I/O device error" on the other 2. It worked perfectly before the update....