Windows 10: i/o device error

Discus and support i/o device error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the latest Windows 10 update, I have had nothing but problems. My computer now only recognizes 1 of 3 external drives. If I unplug the one it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GARYPRUETT1, Sep 26, 2019.

1. i/o device error

Since the latest Windows 10 update, I have had nothing but problems. My computer now only recognizes 1 of 3 external drives. If I unplug the one it recognizes, it shifts to a different drive. I get "I/O device error" on the other 2. It worked perfectly before the update. Also, several of my programs don't open. And the ones that do are very slow. I had this computer repaired after the last update for the very same thing. Eventually, I couldn't even log on.

:)

GARYPRUETT1, Sep 26, 2019

2. Can't update audio driver- Showing I/O device error

Hi Christa,

An I/O Device error can occur with different types of hardware devices or media, such as external hard drives, SD cards, SSD, USB flash drives or pen drives. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you run the hardware and devices troubleshooter by
    following these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Type Troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next button and follow the on screen guide.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Sep 26, 2019
  3. ex_reven Win User
    I/O Device Error

Hey guys, i just put together a new case and upon trying to use a cd I found that i got an error:

"The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error"

I have a 250gb SATA II drive connected to the mobo by means of a SATA cable.
    While my LG DVD Drive is connected to the mobo with an IDE Cable, the IDE cable has 3 ends (one to plug into the mobo, one for an IDE Hard drive and another for a CD Drive i presume)

Is the error being caused because both the hard drive and the DVD drive think they are the primary devices? If so how do i fix this?

Thanks *Toast :toast: ,
    Ex_ReVeN

ex_reven, Sep 26, 2019
  4. i/o device error

I/O Device Error

First off: Can you see this diskdrive in EXPLORER.EXE?

Secondly: Does this device say it is 'working properly', in the HDD sections of devmgmt.msc (run it from Start -> Run, & see)...

*Smile i/o device error :)

* Thanks, because it matters to an extent, on those parts... imo @ least!

APK

Alec§taar, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

i/o device error

1. i/o device error - Similar Threads - device error

2. BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found: So recently my windows 11 got an update,my laptop was working perfectly fine until it restarted and started giving errors like "no bootable devices found" or the "HTTP boot error".I've tried many solutions on the internet and I even tried running diagnostic test and it said...
  3. BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS error after my windows 11 update-no bootable devices found: So recently my windows 11 got an update,my laptop was working perfectly fine until it restarted and started giving errors like "no bootable devices found" or the "HTTP boot error".I've tried many solutions on the internet and I even tried running diagnostic test and it said...
  4. My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...: My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded" I created an additional account for my son on Windows, but when I log in, I get the above error. My computer should have had 2 accounts to log in to, but it only had 1 my son's...
  5. My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...: My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded" I created an additional account for my son on Windows, but when I log in, I get the above error. My computer should have had 2 accounts to log in to, but it only had 1 my son's...
  6. My device has the error "The user Profile Service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be...

7. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.: I started looking for advanced repair and from command prompt I scanned. Now it shows this message. What should I do next.X:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100%...
  8. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.: I started looking for advanced repair and from command prompt I scanned. Now it shows this message. What should I do next.X:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100%...
  9. I have a blue screen error that shows the stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

10. Bugcheck Analysis: 0000000000000010, Device Driver Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugcheck Analysis: 0000000000000010, Device Driver Error: Hi Guys,My Windows 10 PC rebooted occasionally in the past few days. Here is the .dmp file.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbIvRlP-qtzTUym5CbmDdgYLfPLaxb10/view?usp=drive_link.Grateful for your kind advice.Cheers JIA...