Windows 10: I/O error when trying to clean SDD

Discus and support I/O error when trying to clean SDD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been trying to clean install windows 10, after not being able to boot into windows. I have my installation media tool on my usb, and I boot the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vSauced, Feb 16, 2019.

1. vSauced Win User

I/O error when trying to clean SDD

I have been trying to clean install windows 10, after not being able to boot into windows. I have my installation media tool on my usb, and I boot the computer with the tool. However when i try to delete the partitions to install windows 10, I recieve an error. Next I went to command prompt using the media tool, and try and clean the SSD but I recieve an I/O device error. What should I do next? This is a new SSD after my prior HD got corrupt and failed.

:)

vSauced, Feb 16, 2019
  2. TenOclock Win User

Not able to format 512GB Crucial MX100 (SDD#1)

October 2016

Hi everybody,
    Like I say in the topic I can’t format my SSD#1 Crucial MX100 512GB.
    Here what I try. Thanks.

Operating System: Windows 10 full updated (October 2016)
    Computer: Asus Maximus Formula (buy at 2008)
    BIOS: Legacy BIOS (mean no UEFI - Unified Extensible Firmware Interface)

BIOS and Windows 10 recognized the SDD#1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1- I try Disk Management to format the SDD#1.
    One with “Quick format” option check and one with “Quick format” uncheck.

Same result for both:
    The windows message received:
    “Virtual Disk Manager” (title of the windows showing the message)
    The format did not complete successfully (the message)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2- For this step I just connect the SDD#1 and the CDROM
    I try to boot from Windows 10 DVD installation, choose “Install” and Windows is not able to delete the partition on the SDD#1. It is not able to create a partition neither. And sure it’s not able to install Windows 10 on the SDD#1.
    3- For this step I just connect the SDD#1 and the CDROM
    I try to boot from Windows 10 DVD installation, choose “Repair”, go in command prompt and do the following:

Diskpart
    List disk
    List volume

Select disk 0
    Select volume 1
    Clean

Message received:
    DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. See the System Event Log for more information.
    4- For this step I connect all my SDD#1 and HDD and put the SDD#1 on other port.
    I go to CMD and enter the same command than above for same result.
    This time I can check the Event Viewer:

Event Viewer
    464 Error and 1 Warning

Warning
    Event Properties - Event 153, disk
    The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\0000002a) was retried.

Errors (repeat the following errors 232 time ? - I don't check all but it appear to be same two errors)
    Event Properties - Event 24620, BitLocker Driver
    Encrypted volume check: Volume information on \\?\Volume{01128aa1-0000-0000-007e-000000000000} cannot be read.

Event Properties - Event 7, disk
    The device, \Device\Harddisk2\DR2, has a bad block.
    5- I try the free program “ MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition 9.1” and nothing work. Not able to delete partion not able to create one.
    6- I try GParted under XUbuntu and it’s not work too.

I am very sad. I do not have $ 200 for buying another SSD.
    Are there something to do to format the SSD # 1?
    I can’t believe it's broken. I have hard disks (trays) much older than it and that still works

I/O error when trying to clean SDD [​IMG]

TenOclock, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 16, 2019
  4. I/O error when trying to clean SDD

SDD and a HDD windows 10

I have Windows 10 installed on a 525gb SDD. I have a 1tb HDD that I'm using for my data. I've been reading a lot of conflicting tweaks to use on the SDD. Help!

1. Should I eliminate the swap on the SDD? I do a have a windows managed swap file on the HDD.

2. Should I turn off indexing on the SDD?

3. Should I turn off system restore on the SDD?

Most of the articles I've been reading have been a couple of years old. I know that the current SDDs are better but do these same tweaks apply now?

Any info and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

saturn7110x, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

I/O error when trying to clean SDD

1. I/O error when trying to clean SDD - Similar Threads - error trying clean

2. Onedrive I/O Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive I/O Error: So I work remotely and after the most recent update I cannot copy essential documents to my work's Onedrive. I can sometimes get through, but most of the time it gives me an I/O error has occurred error message. I have tried so many guides and troubleshooting to address this...
  3. O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1421 safe and clean to install?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1421 safe and clean to install?: Hello, Windows 10 Home 21H1 B19043.1055 O&O ShutUp10 1.8.142 Sha256: bcdc6b364da6986d50dd025aacc3c0c76ada16657b829406cee67b4e6f16b89a I scan @VT OOSU10.exe and there is a lot of detection and rule set that does not look good for me is the OOSU10.exe or the portable safe and...
  4. I/O error on explorer.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I/O error on explorer.exe: Hi Greg, Whenever I open file explorer; Event Viewer/Window Logs/ System; Source = Disk Warning: The IO operation at logical block address 0x3f for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\0000004e was retried." And whenever I try to open file explorer within an application, that...
  5. I get an error when I try to clean my DIsk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I get an error when I try to clean my DIsk.: In the command prompt when I type clean after selecting my disk, it replies with Diskpart has encountered an error: A device which does not exist has been specified. See the System Event Log for more information. Can i clean my disk in another way or how can I fix this...
  6. I/O Devide Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I/O Devide Errors: Hi can anyone help me please fix I/O device errors which have suddenly occurred - we are on Windows 10 and have tried updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-devide-errors/da484d80-9b69-41ba-b277-61b30f46cdaa
  7. i/o device error

i/o device error: Since the latest Windows 10 update, I have had nothing but problems. My computer now only recognizes 1 of 3 external drives. If I unplug the one it recognizes, it shifts to a different drive. I get "I/O device error" on the other 2. It worked perfectly before the update....
  8. I/O error status of 0xc0000010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I/O error status of 0xc0000010: I am running Windows 10 [Version 10.0.17134.829]. After reboot and login, I am receiving an error message "The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc0000010". After receiving this error message the laptop is unable to start any...
  9. How to clean reinstall windows on SDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clean reinstall windows on SDD?: Hey, just brought a new SSD and I want to reinstall my windows 10 on him(currently win10 is on a HDD). How can I do it without harming my files on the HDD?? Another question, will I have to reinstall all of my .exe programs(the ones I want to keep at the HDD) or reinstall...
  10. I/O error

I/O error: After window 10 auto undated. Samsung SCX-3405FW scanner is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-error/55d65e0f-9404-4cd6-bce6-09c3f2363377