Windows 10: i only get a half of a full screen not a full screen like before

Discus and support i only get a half of a full screen not a full screen like before in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my laptop isn't working this morning my window10 only gives me half of picture on my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DONNADYER, Nov 7, 2019.

1. DONNADYER Win User

i only get a half of a full screen not a full screen like before

my laptop isn't working this morning my window10 only gives me half of picture on my screen

:)

DONNADYER, Nov 7, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 7, 2019
  3. welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Nov 7, 2019
  4. i only get a half of a full screen not a full screen like before

Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you connected any external monitors to the computer?

To narrow down the issue, I suggest you to try connecting another monitor as well as another monitor cable and check if the issue persists.

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Troubleshoot Screen Flickering In Windows 10.

If the issue persists after checking with another monitor and the monitor cable, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 and check if this
    helps.

Method 2:
    Changing The Screen Refresh Rate.

1. Right-click on an empty area on your desktop > Click on
      Display settings > On the right-pane, scroll down and click on
      Advanced display settings
    2. Click on the Display adapter properties for Display 1 > In the next window, go to
      Monitor tab > Under Screen refresh rate drop-down menu, try changing the desired Hertz rate.
    3. Restart the computer after changing each rate and check if the issue persists.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

i only get a half of a full screen not a full screen like before

1. i only get a half of a full screen not a full screen like before - Similar Threads - half full screen

2. get a full screen back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get a full screen back: how do I get a full screen back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-a-full-screen-back/d66eb4e7-0bd4-4174-b1b6-d3411e873a0e
  3. get a full screen back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    get a full screen back: how do I get a full screen back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-a-full-screen-back/d66eb4e7-0bd4-4174-b1b6-d3411e873a0e
  4. cant get to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant get to full screen: cant get to full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-to-full-screen/bc38157e-27f2-4e8f-ba9b-6c8636566e7a
  5. cant get to full screen

cant get to full screen: cant get to full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-to-full-screen/bc38157e-27f2-4e8f-ba9b-6c8636566e7a
  6. Problems getting full screen??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems getting full screen??: I have 3 "games", Chainz Relinked, Mahjong Fortuna and an advent calendar and none will maximise to full screen. Have recently had to install MediaCreation Tool 21H2 on Microsoft advice which is when this problem started. Any ideas??...
  7. Problems getting full screen??

Problems getting full screen??: I have 3 "games", Chainz Relinked, Mahjong Fortuna and an advent calendar and none will maximise to full screen. Have recently had to install MediaCreation Tool 21H2 on Microsoft advice which is when this problem started. Any ideas??...
  8. Problems getting full screen??

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Aero Snap won't snap to half screen, always only to full screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Aero Snap won't snap to half screen, always only to full screen: So I can't snap to split screen. And the settings option, "when i snap more than one window, automatically adjust the size of the windows" is not available. Just isn't there. Also, if I do Windows Key + L arrow, it dumps me out to the initial login screen for Windows. Ditto...
  10. Full screen, half screen windows not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Full screen, half screen windows not displaying correctly: Hi, --- I wasn’t sure what forum this should be in, so apologies if I’ve chosen the wrong one --- I've had a triple monitor set-up for some time now, with windows displaying in full screen, half screen etc. no problem. I've been using the Sizer application to manage my...