Windows 10: I only have access to bios and login screen and shift restart doesn’t reboot it, how else...

Discus and support I only have access to bios and login screen and shift restart doesn’t reboot it, how else... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I only have access to bios and login screen and the shift restart method doesn’t reboot it. So how else can I reboot my PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by William Yi, Dec 9, 2023.

1. I only have access to bios and login screen and shift restart doesn’t reboot it, how else...

I only have access to bios and login screen and the shift restart method doesn’t reboot it. So how else can I reboot my PC?

:)

William Yi, Dec 9, 2023

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Cannot Access Safe Mode, WinRE, ASUS BIOS, NOR CLICK ANYTHING on WIN10 login screen

Since I downloaded Kapersky, I noticed that there were several error windows popping up pertaining to drivers while it was on its way to restart. Thinking that the 'Restart to complete install' would run its course, I let the computer Restart thinking I can update the drivers when I log back in.

Since then, I have been unable to SEE/ACCESS the box to enter my password on the login screen. I just see the time/date that updates on the bottom left and ONLY a Network Ethernet link icon to the bottom right of the screen. There are NO OTHER ICONS and I cannot even SEE/MOVE the mouse either.

To make matters worse, I was playing around with the admin/user passwords in ASUS just to turn things ON/OFF (as suggested for Fast Boot). So, I toggled on both passwords, rebooted, entered passwords, nothing changed, and ultimately decided to turn the user pass off and only keep the Admin password on. Now, immediately when I boot the computer it asks for a password. Fine, I know it and I get beyond that prompt.

However, even though the "ASUS Bios click F2 or DEL to enter" screen appears after inputting that initial password, I am unable to enter ASUS BIOS no matter what I click. It now ONLY takes me directly to the login screen that will not allow me to click, see the mouse or ANYTHING.

Here is a list of other things that I read online that WILL NOT WORK:

• CLICKING/TYPING ANYTHING on the login screen - please do not suggest entering command prompts I. CANNOT. TYPE. ON. LOGIN. SCREEN.
    • clicking F8 nor F4 on startup (Safemode)
    • clicking F2 or DEL on startup (ASUS BIOS)
    • Holding Shift and force rebooting
    • Rebooting multiple times repeatedly to enter Windows Recovery
    • Entering the password VERY fast and trying the above
    • Completely disconnecting the power and attempting the above
    *Please note that the keyboard and mouse works/worked 100% fine in ASUS BIOS, so not sure why they will be 100% unresponsive on the login screen. I even tried with a different mouse.

I am in the process of downloading Windows 10 ISO Disc Image on my mac in an attempt to add it onto a USB and do a fresh install. However, I suspect that I won't be able to access any screen to perform any sort of recovery.

Please... what else can I do here? Literally NONE of the articles that address this (from 2015...) seems to provide a viable solution other than an erase. If I am prevented from doing that though...?

LosingIt321, Dec 9, 2023
  4. CyrrusV Win User

I only have access to bios and login screen and shift restart doesn’t reboot it, how else...

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

I only have access to bios and login screen and shift restart doesn’t reboot it, how else...

1. I only have access to bios and login screen and shift restart doesn’t reboot it, how else... - Similar Threads - access bios login

2. Cannot access BIOS on windows 11 PC . shift/restart does not work .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access BIOS on windows 11 PC . shift/restart does not work .: I have ongoing with a windows 11 PC 22H2 .ASUS PRIME Z690 A . Intel I9-12900KF . Nvidia quadro P5000 . 64gb DDR5 RAM . 2TB ssd samsung 990 pro Great system , garbage operating system I cannot access BIOS . I know about holding shift /restart , IT DOES NOT WORK !!!I've tried...
  3. Cannot access BIOS on windows 11 PC . shift/restart does not work .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access BIOS on windows 11 PC . shift/restart does not work .: I have ongoing with a windows 11 PC 22H2 .ASUS PRIME Z690 A . Intel I9-12900KF . Nvidia quadro P5000 . 64gb DDR5 RAM . 2TB ssd samsung 990 pro Great system , garbage operating system I cannot access BIOS . I know about holding shift /restart , IT DOES NOT WORK !!!I've tried...
  4. I only have access to bios and login screen and shift restart doesn’t reboot it, how else...

I only have access to bios and login screen and shift restart doesn’t reboot it, how else...: I only have access to bios and login screen and the shift restart method doesn’t reboot it. So how else can I reboot my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-only-have-access-to-bios-and-login-screen-and/5391536e-a504-48b1-a6e7-0a85c08011a8
  5. How else can I reboot pc when I can’t login and only have access to login screen and bios?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How else can I reboot pc when I can’t login and only have access to login screen and bios?: I don’t have access to login into my account and only bios and login screen. I tried to reboot my pc with the shift and restart it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart. How else can I reboot it?...
  6. How else can I reboot pc when I can’t login and only have access to login screen and bios?

How else can I reboot pc when I can’t login and only have access to login screen and bios?: I don’t have access to login into my account and only bios and login screen. I tried to reboot my pc with the shift and restart it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart. How else can I reboot it?...
  7. I can only access the login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can only access the login screen: I can't login to my computer, I can access the SHIFT + Restart options, but no matter what option I select it will restart my computer and go to a blank screen. I then manually restart it and it will take me back to the login screen. When I boot the computer with my Windows...
  8. I can only access the login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can only access the login screen: I can't login to my computer, I can access the SHIFT + Restart options, but no matter what option I select it will restart my computer and go to a blank screen. I then manually restart it and it will take me back to the login screen. When I boot the computer with my Windows...
  9. I can only access the login screen

10. How do I Reboot only have partial use of the ON Screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I Reboot only have partial use of the ON Screen Keyboard: Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build - 19042.746) HI How do I Reboot DELL 3670 INSPIRON (F12) after a planned Clean install only have partial use of the ON Screen Key board' the main KB crashed a week ago I'am assuming there will be no ON Screen Key board Nor will the Logitec Unified...