Windows 10: I open up my laptop and on the login screen instead of my name it shows my email, what do I do?

Discus and support I open up my laptop and on the login screen instead of my name it shows my email, what do I do? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; when i opened my laptop which is windows 10 pro, i saw that instead of the usual, it shows my email above the password bar. i cannot take a screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by habees, Apr 13, 2022.

1. habees Win User

I open up my laptop and on the login screen instead of my name it shows my email, what do I do?

when i opened my laptop which is windows 10 pro, i saw that instead of the usual, it shows my email above the password bar. i cannot take a screenshot because i dont know how to but i would really like to solve this issue.

:)

habees, Apr 13, 2022

2. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Apr 13, 2022
  3. Display Name is My Email (Email shown twice on Login screen)

Hello,

I upgraded to Win10 recently and I have an issue that I was only able to find two insiders had in the past with no resolution. I previously had Windows 8.1 and did an upgrade to 10 on both my laptop and my desktop. The problem I'm having is that it is showing my Microsoft Email twice in the login screen instead of my name with the email underneath.

My laptop is okay and does not have this issue at all, it shows it correctly. I'm only having problems with my desktop computer. The email is also what is shown in the start menu.

If I switch to a 'local account' and then re-link my Microsoft Account it will look okay (both in the start menu and in the login screen -- if I lock the computer.) However, once I sign out or restart the PC it will default back to the problem.

In addition to that I also tried using netplwiz to change the Display name but it already had my real name there.

I'm at a loss for solutions and would rather not have to reset up another user account. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT:
    After some trial and error I found the solution, in case anyone runs across this problem here's what I did:

DISCLAIMER: This involves editing registry values, if you don't know what that is, do not attempt this.

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your account. (Settings > Account > Sign in with a local account instead)
    • Open up your registry by pressing Win+R and typing in regedit
    • Navigate to: HKEY_USERS > .DEFAULT > Software > Microsoft > IdentityCRL> StoredIdentities
    • You should see a folder named the email of the account you just unlinked.
    • Right click on the folder (export a .reg file if you want for backup) and delete it.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Relink your Microsoft Account again, in the same place you went to unlink it.

Here's how I found the solution for anyone interested:

I created a new Microsoft Account and used a random name for the first & last name, then linked it to my account. Then I went into the registry and searched for that random name. It took me to the above location in the registry that contained a folder whose name was the email for the new account, but there was also a folder with the unlinked account's email too.

This seemed weird since I would have thought it would delete the folder when an account gets removed. So I unlinked the new account from my profile and restarted. Then went back to that registry location and saw that the new account's folder was deleted from the registry. This confirmed that the old folder shouldn't be there any more. After backing up the entry, I deleted the old account's folder and rebooted the PC. After I got back into Windows, I relinked the old account and everything has been working perfectly since.

TaintedByte, Apr 13, 2022
  4. I open up my laptop and on the login screen instead of my name it shows my email, what do I do?

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 13, 2022
Thema:

I open up my laptop and on the login screen instead of my name it shows my email, what do I do?

1. I open up my laptop and on the login screen instead of my name it shows my email, what do I do? - Similar Threads - open laptop login

2. I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do: I just got my old computer back and I forgot my password and in order to reset it I have to login into my computer but I don't remember the password plz help me...
  3. I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do: I just got my old computer back and I forgot my password and in order to reset it I have to login into my computer but I don't remember the password plz help me...
  4. There is a white rectangle on the screen of my laptop. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a white rectangle on the screen of my laptop. What do I do?: There is a white rectangle on the screen of my laptop. What do I do? I have tried restarting multiple times, scanning for malware and shutting down all backround tasks...
  5. There is a white rectangle on the screen of my laptop. What do I do?

There is a white rectangle on the screen of my laptop. What do I do?: There is a white rectangle on the screen of my laptop. What do I do? I have tried restarting multiple times, scanning for malware and shutting down all backround tasks...
  6. My Laptop is stuck on the loading screen, what do i do

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop is stuck on the loading screen, what do i do: It stopped working a few months ago but i really wanted to get it working, It will start on the loading screen then turn black after a bit. I have no idea what to do, or how to fix it: I tried some suggestions but it never worked. it kicked into automatic repair then it turn...
  7. My Laptop is stuck on the loading screen, what do i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is stuck on the loading screen, what do i do: It stopped working a few months ago but i really wanted to get it working, It will start on the loading screen then turn black after a bit. I have no idea what to do, or how to fix it: I tried some suggestions but it never worked. it kicked into automatic repair then it turn...
  8. My Laptop is stuck on the loading screen, what do i do

9. I open up my laptop and on the login screen instead of my name it shows my email, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I open up my laptop and on the login screen instead of my name it shows my email, what do I do?: when i opened my laptop which is windows 10 pro, i saw that instead of the usual, it shows my email above the password bar. i cannot take a screenshot because i dont know how to but i would really like to solve this issue....
  10. I open up my laptop and on the login screen instead of my name it shows my email, what do I do?

I open up my laptop and on the login screen instead of my name it shows my email, what do I do?: when i opened my laptop which is windows 10 pro, i saw that instead of the usual, it shows my email above the password bar. i cannot take a screenshot because i dont know how to but i would really like to solve this issue....