Windows 10: I opened a jar file with notepad accidently how do I revert that

Discus and support I opened a jar file with notepad accidently how do I revert that in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I was trying to play with me friend and I needed to get a mod downloader for the game we were gonna play together so blah blah blah I downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshuaFarr1, Feb 4, 2020.

1. I opened a jar file with notepad accidently how do I revert that

So I was trying to play with me friend and I needed to get a mod downloader for the game we were gonna play together so blah blah blah I downloaded the zip file extracted all and then tried to open the jar file but a window popped up and asked me how I wanted to open this file and I accidently opened it with notepad and idk how to revert that.

:)

JoshuaFarr1, Feb 4, 2020
  2. YentlWX Win User

.jar file opening with notepad

Hey, i have a problem with opening my .jar files.

i wanna open my .jar files with java but it opens with notepad. how can i fix this?

YentlWX, Feb 4, 2020
  3. NateHoopu Win User
    .jar files opening in internet explorer

I have the same problem, I accidentaly switched a .jar file to open with internet explorer, or notepad, I can't remember, and I forgot to unselect set it to the default, and now I can't get back to the java thing, please help.

NateHoopu, Feb 4, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I opened a jar file with notepad accidently how do I revert that

jar files

Fixing .jar file opening on Windows requires two steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and chose "Default Programs - Associate a File type or protocol with a program". Find .jar extension (Executable JAR file) there, and pick Java as default program to open this extension. It will probably be listed as "Java Platform(SE)".
      A faster alternative perhaps is straightforward right-click on a .jar file, and then change associated program by clicking on the "Change..." button.
    • Now open the regedit, and open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command key. Luckilly for us, we may specify parameters there for the (Default) value. This is normally: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

I opened a jar file with notepad accidently how do I revert that

1. I opened a jar file with notepad accidently how do I revert that - Similar Threads - opened jar file

2. How do I open txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open txt files with notepad?: This is what happens when i try to open a text file with notepad going to a text file -> open with -> notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-txt-files-with-notepad/b007ebf1-b550-4e34-8b96-4d4033f02b3c
  3. How do I open txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open txt files with notepad?: This is what happens when i try to open a text file with notepad going to a text file -> open with -> notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-txt-files-with-notepad/b007ebf1-b550-4e34-8b96-4d4033f02b3c
  4. I Can't Open Jar files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Can't Open Jar files: Hey, I can't open Jar files or more exactly Optifine files, instead of running the install Optifine launcher it opens Jar files with internet explorer of all thing, I have tried to reset default apps, but I still can't get it to work, I want to be able to open Jar files in...
  5. Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident: I was downloading Davinci Resolve because my PC reset recently then while trying to download Reactor 3 from We Suck Less, I accidentally opened it with notepad and checked the box that says "always open .lua files with this app" with notepad. I have tried multiple things and...
  6. I can't open jar files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open jar files: I wanted to install forge to get mods in minecraft but the jar files won't launch. I tried using cmd, creating a bat file and using jarfix. Nothing worked. All it does is create a new text document which says: JVM info: Oracle Corporation - 1.8.0_271 - 25.271-b09...
  7. I can't open jar files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open jar files: I wanted to install forge to get mods in minecraft but the jar files won't launch. I tried using cmd, creating a bat file and using jarfix. Nothing worked. All it does is create a new text document which says: JVM info: Oracle Corporation - 1.8.0_271 - 25.271-b09...
  8. How do I get this JAR file to open?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get this JAR file to open?: I have a JAR file - a small software design app I have used for years - that will not open. It has become associated with Internet Explorer [ATTACH] so when I try to run it I only get [ATTACH] Even if I copy the JAR file right next to JAVA.EXE I get the same result....
  9. How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?: Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of recently open Notepad files. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ? UPDATE: When I left click and right click several times, there...
  10. How do I get Notepad to list open Notepad files?

How do I get Notepad to list open Notepad files?: Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of Notepad files that have not been explicitly closed. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Notepad.Jar

2. notepad jar

3. jar file opening in notepad

4. jar to netepad