Windows 10: I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended Windows Explorer process. How do I get it back?

Discus and support I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended Windows Explorer process. How do I get it back? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 system - I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended process on Explorer - entire toolbar with Microsoft icon, browsers, Word, Excel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeraldCameron1, May 2, 2020.

1. I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended Windows Explorer process. How do I get it back?

Windows 10 system - I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended process on Explorer - entire toolbar with Microsoft icon, browsers, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc disappeared. How do I get it back?

:)

GeraldCameron1, May 2, 2020

2. *SOLVED*Where can I get Task Manager for Windows? NOT process Explorer.

So if you right click on the taskbar you no longer get the option to click on Task Manager as it brings up process Explorer?

animal007uk, May 2, 2020
  3. *SOLVED*Where can I get Task Manager for Windows? NOT process Explorer.

Hello and Happy New Year,

I have run win 7 64B since it's release, and as long as i can remember have had Task Manager replaced with "process Explorer" , but now that I am Trying to get accustomed with Windows 10 I am having a problem. I Used to be able to just go into msconfig and edit My start-up item's, but in Windows 10, it points You to the task manager....well since I upgraded from Win 7 it kept the Process explorer version, which Doesnt seem to have support for editing start up items/programs. So i came to the conclusion that I need to re-install the original task manager, but I haven't been able to find it. Can someone point Me where to go, or possibly how to re-enable it , IF it is indeed still on My PC?

Thanks in advance for any relevant information.

I trid to find a thread already in existence on this topic, but all TM threads I kept coming up with where necro's..

Regards

jboydgolfer, May 2, 2020
  4. tttony Win User

I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended Windows Explorer process. How do I get it back?

*SOLVED*Where can I get Task Manager for Windows? NOT process Explorer.

In Procces Explorer: Options -> Disable: Replace Task Manager

tttony, May 2, 2020
Thema:

I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended Windows Explorer process. How do I get it back?

1. I opened Task Manager and mistakenly ended Windows Explorer process. How do I get it back? - Similar Threads - opened Task Manager

2. I was in task manager and I mistakenly ended task windows explorer. Then I went to task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was in task manager and I mistakenly ended task windows explorer. Then I went to task...: HelloI have a laptop.I was in task manager and I mistakenly ended task windows explorer. Then I went to task manager and run new task typing explorer.exe. But still my screen is black is not working.What should I do??...
  3. I was in task manager and I mistakenly ended task windows explorer. Then I went to task...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was in task manager and I mistakenly ended task windows explorer. Then I went to task...: HelloI have a laptop.I was in task manager and I mistakenly ended task windows explorer. Then I went to task manager and run new task typing explorer.exe. But still my screen is black is not working.What should I do??...
  4. Ended file explorer in task manager..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ended file explorer in task manager..: Howdy! So, recently my computer was being slow and didn't think much of it so I went to task manager and saw there where a million things running with file explorer being one of the big ones. So without thinking about it I right clicked it and ended it.. Well, once I did this...
  5. Ended file explorer in task manager..

Ended file explorer in task manager..: Howdy! So, recently my computer was being slow and didn't think much of it so I went to task manager and saw there where a million things running with file explorer being one of the big ones. So without thinking about it I right clicked it and ended it.. Well, once I did this...
  6. I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…: So…my laptop wasn’t showing my internet options, I looked up some videos on how to solve it. In one video it said try restarting the WINDOWS EXPLORER FROM YOUR TASK MANAGER. I tried doing it but accidentally ended the task, my screen went black. I didn’t know what to do so I...
  7. I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…

I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…: So…my laptop wasn’t showing my internet options, I looked up some videos on how to solve it. In one video it said try restarting the WINDOWS EXPLORER FROM YOUR TASK MANAGER. I tried doing it but accidentally ended the task, my screen went black. I didn’t know what to do so I...
  8. I ended the window explorer process from the task manager…

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. task manager end process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager end process: I want to end antimalware service executable it has windows defender when i say end task it says access is denied and it can't happen. how do i gain access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-end-process/81d90273-6cff-47b6-8aaa-5c3dfc5a0dba
  10. How do I get my old task manager back for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get my old task manager back for Windows 10: Hello, I downloaded process explorer and and chose the 'replace task manager' Now Task Manager is gone...not found in system32. How do I get it back for Windows 10? Anyway to run both? Help!...