Windows 10: I own the java PC version of minecraft and was wondering

Discus and support I own the java PC version of minecraft and was wondering in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i own the Java Version of minecraft for pc. i am guessing you need to buy the windows 10 version even if you own the java version? or is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amoux_800, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Amoux_800 Win User

I own the java PC version of minecraft and was wondering

So i own the Java Version of minecraft for pc. i am guessing you need to buy the windows 10 version even if you own the java version? or is there a way you could redeem your old code to get the windows 10 version.

:)

Amoux_800, Jul 27, 2019

2. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 27, 2019
  3. hiphopper Win User
    Java usage to high while playing minecraft/related

We have some confusion going on here.

First of all, the PC edition of Minecraft always used Java, and you will see it using CPU when you run Minecraft. This is normal, and I'm not sure why this is causing the OP to be concerned.

There is a new (Beta) version of "Minecraft for Windows 10" available in the Windows Store. Apparently Mojang converted the code from Java to C++ to run natively under Windows. When this version is running, there should be no Java running. This is not the same thing as the Minecraft PC (or Mac) edition.

If you are running "Minecraft for Windows 10" and you see Java running, it is another application on your system that is using Java. A completely different issue entirely. There are a number of desktop apps that use Java. Crashplan is one example.

hiphopper, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Carson W. Win User

Minecraft Java and Windows 10 version

I heard if I buy Minecraft java edition I get the Windows 10 version free is that right? I redeemed Minecraft java on minecraft.net but I didn't get a code of the Windows 10 version.

Carson W., Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. I own the java PC version of minecraft and was wondering - Similar Threads - own java version

2. Can I buy only java version of minecraft if I already own a bedrock version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy only java version of minecraft if I already own a bedrock version?: I wanted to ask if I can somehow buy java only since its in a bundle and i already own a bedrock version.If i cant buy them seperatly, what happens if i already own a bedrock account on the mail address where i want to purchase the game? will my progress get lost or i will...
  3. Can I buy only java version of minecraft if I already own a bedrock version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I buy only java version of minecraft if I already own a bedrock version?: I wanted to ask if I can somehow buy java only since its in a bundle and i already own a bedrock version.If i cant buy them seperatly, what happens if i already own a bedrock account on the mail address where i want to purchase the game? will my progress get lost or i will...
  4. Minecraft - You do not own Minecraft Java on minecraft.net

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft - You do not own Minecraft Java on minecraft.net: It just happened today that I found this problem.Around like a month ago I won a giveaway and got Xbox Gamespass from a youtuber.I used the code and it worked.Now today when I was playing Minecraft, It suddenly logged me out and when I tried reconnecting then it showed...
  5. Minecraft - You do not own Minecraft Java on minecraft.net

Minecraft - You do not own Minecraft Java on minecraft.net: It just happened today that I found this problem.Around like a month ago I won a giveaway and got Xbox Gamespass from a youtuber.I used the code and it worked.Now today when I was playing Minecraft, It suddenly logged me out and when I tried reconnecting then it showed...
  6. Is there any way to claim Minecraft Bedrock edition if i own the Java version?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is there any way to claim Minecraft Bedrock edition if i own the Java version?: Hello! I've been trying to get the free copy of the game since i purchased Minecraft way before 2018... However it seems that the offer ended in 2020? I was not notified at all about this. Is there any way that i could get it? I'm sad that im not able to play cross platform...
  7. Is there any way to claim Minecraft Bedrock edition if i own the Java version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to claim Minecraft Bedrock edition if i own the Java version?: Hello! I've been trying to get the free copy of the game since i purchased Minecraft way before 2018... However it seems that the offer ended in 2020? I was not notified at all about this. Is there any way that i could get it? I'm sad that im not able to play cross platform...
  8. Is there any way to claim Minecraft Bedrock edition if i own the Java version?

9. Minecraft Java on Pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Minecraft Java on Pc: Hello all, I could really use some help. I purchased and downloaded Minecraft Java on my new PC. However, everytime I try to load a server whether through single player or multi-player it won't load. I have tried everything from Uninstaller and reinstalling minecraft and...
  10. bought a JAVA Minecraft version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought a JAVA Minecraft version: Hello everyone, I hope there is an explanation in Hebrew here.I bought a JAVA Minecraft versionI received an email invoice with a download link.When I enter the link he asks if I want to buy.Do not understand how to start playing...