Windows 10: I own this computer. I am the Administrator. Who is the System administrator? I want to...

Discus and support I own this computer. I am the Administrator. Who is the System administrator? I want to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Previous Owner/ Adminsitrator is still in the network search path. I want to remove them. Is there a security risk?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BernardCroghan2, Jul 22, 2019.

1. I own this computer. I am the Administrator. Who is the System administrator? I want to...

Previous Owner/ Adminsitrator is still in the network search path. I want to remove them. Is there a security risk?

:)

BernardCroghan2, Jul 22, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Network Administrator

IT is the field to go into when it comes to any administrative like position. Computer science has more emphasis on math and theory and lays the way to more development and DevOps like positions.

Personally, I think going into comp sci is the better option because DevOps basically buts you between a developer and a system admin position with all the benefits of both.

Aquinus, Jul 22, 2019
  4. I own this computer. I am the Administrator. Who is the System administrator? I want to...

Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

I own this computer. I am the Administrator. Who is the System administrator? I want to...

1. I own this computer. I am the Administrator. Who is the System administrator? I want to... - Similar Threads - own computer Administrator

2. I *AM* the Administrator!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  3. I *AM* the Administrator!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  4. I *AM* the Administrator!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Am I an Administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Am I an Administrator?: If I go, to Settings/Accounts. There is my picture, my email address. And, in big letters, Administrator.But I'm often, installing, deleting something.And I see. Must be an, Administrator.So how, do I change it. Get Administrator rights?This is, my computer. So, having,...
  6. Why am I not the system administrator?

Why am I not the system administrator?: I use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and it says there's a Quickbooks software update waiting for me, but that I don't have the required permissions and I need to contact my system administrator, but I am the system administrator....
  7. I am trying to remove a user who is administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am trying to remove a user who is administrator: I was sucessful in removing user but now I have no administrator which means that I cannot reset or restore computer How do I add a new administrator?...
  8. Contact your system administrator....I am the administrator.

Contact your system administrator....I am the administrator.: I am the system administrator as this is my computer and for some reason or another Comodo Security blocked some images from imgur on a virtual world game I play on. I haven't had this issue til today 9.23.18, it was fine yesterday. I've tried everything to unblock that...
  9. Contact your system administrator....I am the administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contact your system administrator....I am the administrator.: I am the system administrator as this is my computer and for some reason or another Comodo Security blocked some images from imgur on a virtual world game I play on. I haven't had this issue til today 9.23.18, it was fine yesterday. I've tried everything to unblock that...
  10. I am no longer administrator on my own computer

I am no longer administrator on my own computer: While trying to make my computer more user friendly and stop it from asking permission from administrator to do certain things, I accidentally turned off my administrator rights. I know the admin password but every time it says to enter the admin password there is no place to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am the administrator but access is denied