Windows 10: I pause onedrive but it doesn't stay paused

Discus and support I pause onedrive but it doesn't stay paused in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I pause onedrive for 24 hours but it restarts itself without me doing anything. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peterde Voogd1, Mar 22, 2019.

1. I pause onedrive but it doesn't stay paused

I pause onedrive for 24 hours but it restarts itself without me doing anything. Why?

:)

Peterde Voogd1, Mar 22, 2019
  2. johny w Win User

Where is "Pause" on OneDrive?

i get the menu you show: "view online", "settings", etc.

But "Pause" is not on the menu.

Please see the pic i posted.

In my previous installation of OneDrive, OneDrive automatically paused sync'ing on a metered connection. Now it does not. It only suggests that i pause it myself. Plz see image in my first post, above.

johny w, Mar 22, 2019
  3. JamesUSA Win User
    Pause OneDrive

Me too! Not only that, but the message indicates I am being charged unless I pause onedrive!

JamesUSA, Mar 22, 2019
  4. I pause onedrive but it doesn't stay paused

Pause OneDrive

Two fould question: In the past month or two, whenever I get on my PC, I received a message about pausing OneDrive...

Why is this only a current problem?

I have tried & tried almost everyresponse from other posts and I have not been able to pause OneDrive? Directins again, please

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

SusanMJRoth, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

I pause onedrive but it doesn't stay paused

1. I pause onedrive but it doesn't stay paused - Similar Threads - pause onedrive doesn't

2. cannot pause onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot pause onedrive: The googled way I found to pause onedrive:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-to-cancel-or-stop-sync-in-onedrive-4885c27e-3d89-4d69-be75-2646c71367d3... doesn't work for me. It says to find the Onedrive cloud icon on the task bar and right-click on it. Well, I have...
  3. cannot pause onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot pause onedrive: The googled way I found to pause onedrive:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-to-cancel-or-stop-sync-in-onedrive-4885c27e-3d89-4d69-be75-2646c71367d3... doesn't work for me. It says to find the Onedrive cloud icon on the task bar and right-click on it. Well, I have...
  4. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  5. Pause Updates just doesn't

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pause Updates just doesn't: When I click "Pause updates for 7 days" I expect exactly that.Pause the updates. No downloads. No virus scanner updates. No "Update Preview".What I ACTUALLY get is "Pause updates except for ones that Microsoft decides to send anyway".Why put a "pause updates" feature that...
  6. Windows Indexing Stays Paused

in Cortana
    Windows Indexing Stays Paused: I was having an issue where Outlook would show completely incorrect search results so I figured the index was corrupt. I started a rebuild on the index but the index stays paused. I tried all of the following:retarting the windows search service. Restarting the laptop.running...
  7. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  8. Onedrive is pausing - why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive is pausing - why?: I must over and over again start onedrive that is paused by itself. pls explain to me why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-is-pausing-why/3dbc6aef-ac51-40eb-bfd4-66ea1c9eebe7
  9. Where is "Pause" on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is "Pause" on OneDrive?: I get alert to pause, but cannot pause. The menu containing "Pause" is gone. How to pause? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-pause-on-onedrive/6b47b85d-9232-44be-891f-c46b79eb00d1"
  10. How to Pause a Slideshow in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Pause a Slideshow in OneDrive: OneDrive has a useful slideshow feature but there seems to be no way of slowing down the display speed or pausing the display. Am I missing something or is this another product where MS failed to consider how their product would be used? 61601

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive doesnt stay dismissed