Windows 10: i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

Discus and support i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; plug a hdmi cable into my laptop, then it goes blank.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robertkirkpatrick1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

plug a hdmi cable into my laptop, then it goes blank.

:)

robertkirkpatrick1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. 944382 Win User

Laptop display and monitor will not wake when HDMI cable plugged into laptop.

I have a laptop. Lenovo ideapad FLEX 4-1480 Signature Edition.

The laptop has a display, and the laptop is connected to a monitor via an HDMI cable.

Sleep mode is disabled.

Screen timeout is enabled.

I lock the computer. The laptop display and monitor both eventually deactivate.

I move the mouse and press keys to wake the monitor. Nothing happens on either the laptop display or the monitor.

If the HDMI cable is not plugged into the laptop, the laptop display will wake as intended. The problem happens only when the HDMI cable is plugged into the laptop.

I have to remove the HDMI cable from the laptop, wait a few seconds, reinsert it, then the laptop display and monitor will wake. Again, the laptop display will wake just fine when the HDMI cable is not plugged in.

944382, Sep 6, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Sep 6, 2018
  4. i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

1. i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank - Similar Threads - plug hdmi cable

2. Laptop screen starts glitching when I plug the hdmi cable to another screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen starts glitching when I plug the hdmi cable to another screen: So I have this problem that started the 24/07/2023 I will explain it very detailed so I can find help here, my laptop has always been connected to the same screen with the same hdmi cable and worked well. Then that day I opened my switch that is connected to the same screen...
  3. Laptop screen starts glitching when I plug the hdmi cable to another screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen starts glitching when I plug the hdmi cable to another screen: So I have this problem that started the 24/07/2023 I will explain it very detailed so I can find help here, my laptop has always been connected to the same screen with the same hdmi cable and worked well. Then that day I opened my switch that is connected to the same screen...
  4. HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI cable: i hadn't connected my device to HDMI cable 2 monthes ago, it was working well but now it doesn't work, i've restarted the labtop and the tv, and the cable is working well with another device, can you help me solving the problem, please? my device core i7 and the windows is 10...
  5. hp-2000 pc laptop I am trying to confirm that the green cable goes in the plug that...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp-2000 pc laptop I am trying to confirm that the green cable goes in the plug that...: oops sorry typed the question on the subject line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-2000-pc-laptop-i-am-trying-to-confirm-that-the/70401504-8b8f-4190-898a-7a4d233f7ee8
  6. Laptop goes blank automatically.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes blank automatically.: Today i installed Windows 10 after hard disk change. Microsoft support helped me in making bootable pendrive. But my laptop is automatically going blank and no responce to any command even power button. power button light remains on. Only way out is long press power...
  7. When I plug in my HDMI cable from my laptop to another screen, I lose my audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I plug in my HDMI cable from my laptop to another screen, I lose my audio: The audio on my laptop works fine. But when I plug in a HDMI cable to hook up my laptop with another screen, I lose my audio completely. I have tried running the troubleshooter on my audio but that doesn't work. How do I fix this?...
  8. Windows 10,Screen goes off when I plug in HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10,Screen goes off when I plug in HDMI cable: Hi, Can somebody please Help Why does the Computer screen go off when I plug in the HDMI CABLE It is fine on my Laptop But My Desktop does not Like it It use to Work Fine until the last Windows 10 installation in Early February 2020...
  9. Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop screen goes blank after Windows 10 boots if HDMI is plugged in.: A few weeks ago, my Acer laptop began behaving oddly. This began suddenly and persists. When I turn it on, I can see the Acer startup screen, as usual. After Windows 10 boots, the screen goes blank IF the HDMI is plugged in. If the HDMI is not plugged in, there is no problem...
  10. Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable: The laptop screen goes black when I am trying to connect it to my Samsung monitor using HDMI cable. This issue occurs when HDMI cable is plugged in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i plug in my hdmi the laptop goes blank

2. laptop goes blank when hdmi cable plugged in

3. when i connect my computter to a TV by HDMI cable mymoniter goes blank ?