Windows 10: I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it?

Discus and support I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just plugged a microphone in and one site did show the audio level is coming out of the mic when I speak so mic works. Should I hear it out of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by a0friedemann, May 24, 2021.

1. I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it?

I just plugged a microphone in and one site did show the audio level is coming out of the mic when I speak so mic works. Should I hear it out of my speakers. I want to correct the pronunciation on a web site.

:)

a0friedemann, May 24, 2021

2. Audio playback from microphone to headset - I want to hear myself speak

Looking for assistance this.

I cannot hear myself on my headphones when I speak into my headset. The microphone is a USB device and the headset is plugged into the computer through the 3.5mm jack. Both devices are high quality, and otherwise function normally. However, I am now working
    from home and doing a lot of VTC sessions. When I cannot hear myself speak I feel like no one else can either and it throws me off. I fly as a hobby so I am used to being able to hear myself on the radio when speaking.

I have tried several methods suggested by Windows help, but so far no success.

Thanks,

James

JamesLawson9, May 24, 2021
  3. Hearing headphone microphone through headphone speakers

I have got some Sennheiser 4.40BT headphones. When I connect them to my laptop (Windows 10) through bluetooth, then enable the microphone, all sound that goes through the microphone gets relayed through the headphone speakers. It makes everything sound very echoey and I can hear the smallest of sounds really loudly (it's like I've got a super power). If I connect the headphones to my laptop through a cable I don't get this issue.

How can I stop the sound going through the microphone being relayed to the speakers?

Kevin Brydon, May 24, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it?

Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it? 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 24, 2021
Thema:

I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it?

1. I plugged in a microphone and can't hear me speaking out the speakers. Should I hear it? - Similar Threads - plugged microphone can't

2. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  3. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  4. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  5. I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.

I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.: I played Destiny 2 and my mic was just fine, however, after I downloaded the Xbox Companion app and/or pressed Win+G, my audio for hearing other people in discord and in-game chat stopped working. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE please help has ever had this or heard of this,...
  6. When I speak no one can hear me but I can hear them.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I speak no one can hear me but I can hear them.: I have a new di chatCam my picture and when they are speaking it comes over good. But they can't hear me at all . Any ideas. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-speak-no-one-can-hear-me-but-i-can-hear/e0571341-4645-49cb-b2f2-b6e869642094
  7. Microphone is not woking on Zoom i can hear them but they can't hear me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone is not woking on Zoom i can hear them but they can't hear me: When on Zoom I can hear my team mates but they can't hear me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-woking-on-zoom-i-can-hear-them/ba265b51-6a80-4809-92aa-90339f3bc42a
  8. I can't hear my speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't hear my speakers: Please help me I tried all of the solutions possible but I don't know wnat to do...I updated my windows and after that my audio devices were disconected and I can't reconect them back.I have a laptop so no one could just open it like a pc and disconnect something.Also I...
  9. Hear me out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hear me out: I'm trying to get HEVC Video extensions but i was 100% sure i was able to get it free a few weeks ago, any ideas/alternatives or ways to get it, and yes i am aware it's cheap submitted by /u/cheezeyyyyy [link] [comments]...
  10. Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking: Hi basically what the title says, I have some pictures of my settings, drivers are up to date an all. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-keeps-cutting-out-and-sometimes-doesnt/bd8d3494-b8c3-44ac-9eb1-a5eebd22646c