Windows 10: I probably got a virus from a proxy..

Discus and support I probably got a virus from a proxy.. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had to unblock a blocked site in my country, didn't want to pay for a vpn so I just searched up for a proxy on the web. After 2 hours, the games I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sraxton, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Sraxton Win User

I probably got a virus from a proxy..

I had to unblock a blocked site in my country, didn't want to pay for a vpn so I just searched up for a proxy on the web. After 2 hours, the games I play got slower. I had around 200 FPS in minecraft on max settings, now I get 30 to 20 fps on low settings. Also I got my pc formatted 4 days ago. So I know what I've installed.

If you want a list of the stuff I downloaded

-6 minecraft modpacks from twitch launcher

-A few minecraft versions .jar files

-YT Adblock

If you know a way of fixing this or a free anti virus that might fix it, I would appreciate it.

Also please, forgive my grammar and this is my first Question, so I might've picked the wrong topic.

:)

Sraxton, Jun 18, 2020
  2. dcf-joe Win User

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, Jun 18, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Proxy Server?

bah, this site is blocked.

4. I probably got a virus from a proxy..

An APP is asking for to the proxy data.

Hi Armando,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Which app are you referring to?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps and check for the issue.

Disable proxy server settings:

• Go to the Start Screen.

• Press Windows+ I to view the
      Settings

• Select Internet Options.

• Click on Connection.

• Click on LAN settings.

• Uncheck all the listed items in the proxy and Auto Detect.

• Save the Changes.

• Restart your system.
    If the above steps does not help disable proxy manually.

• Press Windows key + R, Type
      control
      and click on OK.

• Under Settings go to Network.

• View connection settings.

• Click on Network tab.

• Proxy - turn
      off
      proxy.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

I probably got a virus from a proxy..

1. I probably got a virus from a proxy.. - Similar Threads - probably got virus

2. I think i got a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i got a virus: Theres this unknow app called " Galilo " that keeps running in my background, i keep closing it but when im too late it freezes my computer and makes it very slow, i cant find this file either to remove it.I scanned my pc multiple times for virusses but it doesnt seem to be...
  3. I think i got a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i got a virus: Theres this unknow app called " Galilo " that keeps running in my background, i keep closing it but when im too late it freezes my computer and makes it very slow, i cant find this file either to remove it.I scanned my pc multiple times for virusses but it doesnt seem to be...
  4. I Think I Got A Virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Think I Got A Virus?: I was scrolling through articles on the 'My Feed' tab and I saw an ad with a title that was interesting, and somehow caught my attention. I clicked on it, and read only a page. When I clicked the arrow to get to the second page, a pop up ad showed up. I knew not to trust it...
  5. Probably a virus. HELP!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Probably a virus. HELP!: So, I torrented something, and immediately afterwards, my PC started to slow down. That's why I figured that I probably have a crazy virus because my C: SSD drive is suddenly filled up to the point where there's only 200 MB left when there was 65 GB before. I check the...
  6. Got a BSOD probably by skype

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got a BSOD probably by skype: Was playing a game window mode, and had Skype opened, did an alt+tab on it and got a BSOD. Is it a software problem with Skype? Driver? Faulty RAM? Any help is appreciated. This is from WinDbg: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a # Any other values for parameter 1 must be...
  7. I got this virus information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I got this virus information: What do i do with this?, i want rid of it! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-this-virus-information/907af34e-ecce-406c-bc10-cb4d65bcc27b
  8. I got a question, I got an virus but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got a question, I got an virus but...: I got a virus because I accidentally forgot to turn on virus defender. Now I was able to remove the virus, but cmd still opens at the beginning when I am entering my screen after looking in. But nothing is happing, but every program starts with administration rights no matter...
  9. PROXY VIRUS

PROXY VIRUS: my proxy server is always turning on, it always shows http=127.0.0.1:8080;https=127.0.0.1:8080. when i use chrome to browse it shows Unable to connect to the proxy server. it makes me unable to browse with my system. [ATTACH]what should i do to stop it, i always reinstall...
  10. I got LKTODAY.RU Virus

I got LKTODAY.RU Virus: Eset internet security cant remove it. So I install Spyhunter...look like its uninstall successfully. I did not found any info about this virus. Need I care about my passwords? 112422