Windows 10: I pulled an ssd from my old pc and put it into my current one. When I checked the folder,...

Discus and support I pulled an ssd from my old pc and put it into my current one. When I checked the folder,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SirZombz [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SirZombz, Aug 13, 2020.

1. I pulled an ssd from my old pc and put it into my current one. When I checked the folder,...

/u/SirZombz, Aug 13, 2020

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 13, 2020
  3. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Aug 13, 2020
  4. I pulled an ssd from my old pc and put it into my current one. When I checked the folder,...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

I pulled an ssd from my old pc and put it into my current one. When I checked the folder,...

1. I pulled an ssd from my old pc and put it into my current one. When I checked the folder,... - Similar Threads - pulled ssd old

2. My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?: SSD replacement and windows installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-ssd-is-not-working-can-i-install-windows-11/19337178-ea5d-4009-8c11-457ae2088df2
  3. My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?: SSD replacement and windows installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-ssd-is-not-working-can-i-install-windows-11/19337178-ea5d-4009-8c11-457ae2088df2
  4. i put my desktop folder on my users one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i put my desktop folder on my users one: so i was moving my files to do some work but then i accidentally moved my desktop file to the app data one, i tried to move the location to my user file but instead it went to the user file and now i can’t do nothing what should i do? i tried to put it in my user file and now...
  5. i put my desktop folder on my users one

i put my desktop folder on my users one: so i was moving my files to do some work but then i accidentally moved my desktop file to the app data one, i tried to move the location to my user file but instead it went to the user file and now i can’t do nothing what should i do? i tried to put it in my user file and now...
  6. Laptop = dead, I bought the same one and put my old SSD, but it but refuse to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop = dead, I bought the same one and put my old SSD, but it but refuse to start: Hello,My laptop HP Probook 450 G2 I bought it refurbished with W7 Pro OEM is out...So I thought that if I buy the same one and I put my old SSD 500 with W7 Pro OEM into it, that will work... Nope, W7 refuse to start.same laptop, but HD model with different graphic card/screen...
  7. Laptop = dead, I bought the same one and put my old SSD, but it but refuse to start

Laptop = dead, I bought the same one and put my old SSD, but it but refuse to start: Hello,My laptop HP Probook 450 G2 I bought it refurbished with W7 Pro OEM is out...So I thought that if I buy the same one and I put my old SSD 500 with W7 Pro OEM into it, that will work... Nope, W7 refuse to start.same laptop, but HD model with different graphic card/screen...
  8. I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC: I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-delete-windows-old-folder-from-my-pc/ac1b48ba-6f85-4e4c-889a-6caadcc3e3d2
  9. Moving my SSD from my old laptop to my new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving my SSD from my old laptop to my new one: Hi, I currently have a SSD with Windows 10 in my old laptop which I would like to move to a new laptop which has Windows 10 Installed on a PCIe NVME SSD. I've already checked and there is room in my new laptop to install my old SSD in. Is it possible to do this so that...
  10. I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?

in Windows 10 Support
    I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?: I put my "THIS PC" folder and my "OneDrive" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo? 103327