Windows 10: I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade

Discus and support I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I purchased my upgrade through the Microsoft Store, I clicked the Install button see directly below, Click that I have saved all files then get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brogan Morton, Sep 15, 2020 at 5:07 PM.

1. I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade

When I purchased my upgrade through the Microsoft Store, I clicked the Install button see directly below, Click that I have saved all files then get stuck on a screen that says Windows is "Getting things ready...." see second below. After many minutes of waiting nothing happens and I am still stuck with Windows Home edition.

I received a receipt for the order but it didn't come with a product key for upgrade, just the Install button. I have no idea what I should try next.

I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade e59cbc4c-8636-427e-ae3c-5257e96f8078?upload=true.png

I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade af5b31f5-c3bb-4d26-9cbf-da7484c97f89?upload=true.png

:)

Brogan Morton, Sep 15, 2020 at 5:07 PM
  2. JP_2516 Win User

Purchased Windows 10 pro upgrade stuck on working on it

• When exactly does the Windows 10 pro upgrade gets stuck? - After i purchased it from the microsoft online store and after clicking no on save files before upgrade (or something like that ), i go back to the screen and i see working on it ....

• Where did you purchase Windows 10 pro upgrade? - Purchased it from the microsoft store

• Are you getting any error message? - None at all

What i did, is that after awhile, it seems to be stuck, i restarted the laptop.

3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

4. I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

Thema:

I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade

1. I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade - Similar Threads - purchase upgrade Pro

2. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Windows Store Purchase & windows is now not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro Windows Store Purchase & windows is now not activated: Hi All, Hoping someone is able to help me with this issue as it's driving up the wall. About a month ago windows would keep saying the build was expiring soon and i needed to upgrade, to upgrade it said i needed to purchase windows 10 pro which i did through the store....
  3. After purchase Windows 10 pro upgrade....

After purchase Windows 10 pro upgrade....: Hi I purchase a couple days ago a licence to upgrade Windows home to Windows 10 pro and I change my current PC, delete the device from the list of devices and still can't get my windows go. I keeping pop up that I need to buy it again. Why????...
  4. Purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro but is not activating

Purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro but is not activating: Hello, I upgraded a new computer to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft website, but it's not activating. The edition shows "Windows 10 Enterprise" and Activation "Windows is not activated" with error message below "Windows reported that no product key was found on your...
  5. Purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade on microsoft store - cant fidn the Pro upgrade new lisc key in...

Purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade on microsoft store - cant fidn the Pro upgrade new lisc key in...: So I was working just fine on my HP laptop which was Win 10 pro purcased as an upgrade from microsoft store. Then my laptop got stuck with a constant windows update failure for 5 months - so I did a clean install from usb - but the usb installed Win 10 home. All seemed OK...
  6. Purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from home edition in the microsoft store, but unable to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from home edition in the microsoft store, but unable to...: I purchased a digital upgrade to windows 10 pro, I previously had windows 10 home. Now I have an un-activated windows 10 enterprise, and am unable to activate windows 10 pro with the activation troubleshooter. Error code 0x803F7001....
  7. Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...: I originally ran on Windows 10 Home, 1903, under digital license (The OS came with the PC). The license is, in turn, linked to my Microsoft account. I then purchased an upgrade to Pro version from the Microsoft store app (I used the link provided in Settings>Update &...
  8. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...: I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store (my order history verifies this), but the procedure ended up putting Enterprise on the pc. Also, the machine will now not activate windows, saying I don't have a correct key or digital license. There is no way...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store: Got a new laptop that comes with Windows 10 Home(activated). I just bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro. After installation, the version that i have now is Windows 10 Enterprise instead. It's not activated and I can't even activate it nor run the troubleshooter....
  10. Windows 10 Pro upgrade purchase, key?

Windows 10 Pro upgrade purchase, key?: How do I receive the product key for my purchase of Windows 10 Pro upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-upgrade-purchase-key/6191ba71-d8c0-42ef-931f-a3ecc790c437"