Windows 10: I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade

Discus and support I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I purchased my upgrade through the Microsoft Store, I clicked the Install button see directly below, Click that I have saved all files then get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brogan Morton, Sep 15, 2020.

1. I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade

When I purchased my upgrade through the Microsoft Store, I clicked the Install button see directly below, Click that I have saved all files then get stuck on a screen that says Windows is "Getting things ready...." see second below. After many minutes of waiting nothing happens and I am still stuck with Windows Home edition.

I received a receipt for the order but it didn't come with a product key for upgrade, just the Install button. I have no idea what I should try next.

I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade e59cbc4c-8636-427e-ae3c-5257e96f8078?upload=true.png

I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade af5b31f5-c3bb-4d26-9cbf-da7484c97f89?upload=true.png

:)

Brogan Morton, Sep 15, 2020
  2. JP_2516 Win User

Purchased Windows 10 pro upgrade stuck on working on it

• When exactly does the Windows 10 pro upgrade gets stuck? - After i purchased it from the microsoft online store and after clicking no on save files before upgrade (or something like that ), i go back to the screen and i see working on it ....

• Where did you purchase Windows 10 pro upgrade? - Purchased it from the microsoft store

• Are you getting any error message? - None at all

What i did, is that after awhile, it seems to be stuck, i restarted the laptop.

JP_2516, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Sep 15, 2020
  4. I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade

1. I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade - Similar Threads - purchase upgrade Pro

2. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  3. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade on ARM system, purchased through Microsoft Store Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade on ARM system, purchased through Microsoft Store Upgrade: I have zero interest in writing an essay for "support" of this adware OS. But support is nonexistant in any other way so here's this thread that should not have to existI am on a Galaxy Book Pro. Windows would not update because very very surprisingly, the updater was broken...
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade on ARM system, purchased through Microsoft Store Upgrade

Windows 11 Upgrade on ARM system, purchased through Microsoft Store Upgrade: I have zero interest in writing an essay for "support" of this adware OS. But support is nonexistant in any other way so here's this thread that should not have to existI am on a Galaxy Book Pro. Windows would not update because very very surprisingly, the updater was broken...
  6. Windows 11 home upgrade to Windows 11 Pro upgrade through the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home upgrade to Windows 11 Pro upgrade through the Microsoft store: I purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home already installed. It had a free upgrade to Windows 11 Home. I installed that last night and confirmed that it was installed through the settings page. Tonight, I upgraded from Windows 11 home to Windows 11 Pro through the...
  7. Windows 11 home upgrade to Windows 11 Pro upgrade through the Microsoft store

Windows 11 home upgrade to Windows 11 Pro upgrade through the Microsoft store: I purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home already installed. It had a free upgrade to Windows 11 Home. I installed that last night and confirmed that it was installed through the settings page. Tonight, I upgraded from Windows 11 home to Windows 11 Pro through the...
  8. windows pro upgrade purchased through the app store failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows pro upgrade purchased through the app store failed: I purchased A windows 10 pro upgrade from the app store. now it says I have windows enterprise and I cant even restore to a previous point or anything. I searched for the original OS product key in the PowerShell and found it and it doesn't work either as the product is now...
  9. WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate

WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate: Brought new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home installed 2 days ago. I immediately purchased Windows Pro 10 upgrade through Windows Store App. Paid for and downloaded no problem. Once done rebooted fine and joined the PC to the network domain. Next morning I find "TEST DISPLAY"...
  10. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...: I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store (my order history verifies this), but the procedure ended up putting Enterprise on the pc. Also, the machine will now not activate windows, saying I don't have a correct key or digital license. There is no way...