Windows 10: i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that...

Discus and support i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that I am building... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RaymondGriffin2, Jun 4, 2020.

1. i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that...

i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that I am building

:)

RaymondGriffin2, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Peteb2018 Win User

Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed.

I was wondering if it is possible to copy my retail version of W10 pro (activated by digital license) on my old pc onto the new ssd and what steps I need to take to do this?

Many thanks,

Pete

Peteb2018, Jun 4, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 4, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that...

Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

Only if you uninstall it from the other machine. You are really not gaining anything going from Home to Pro, unless you are going to be using that new machine on a Domain.

bro67, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that...

1. i purchased a copy of win 10 but the PC has died, can I use the same copy on a new pc that... - Similar Threads - purchased copy has

2. Can I sell a used PC with an unregistered copy of Windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I sell a used PC with an unregistered copy of Windows?: Can I sell a used PC with an UNREGISTERED copy of Windows?By that I mean eitherMy previous copy of windows which I unregister by slmgr /cpky Or a fresh legitimate copy of Windows without key entered.Rational:The buyer could re-register with his own key.I can demonstrate the...
  3. Can I sell a used PC with an unregistered copy of Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I sell a used PC with an unregistered copy of Windows?: Can I sell a used PC with an UNREGISTERED copy of Windows?By that I mean eitherMy previous copy of windows which I unregister by slmgr /cpky Or a fresh legitimate copy of Windows without key entered.Rational:The buyer could re-register with his own key.I can demonstrate the...
  4. Can I sell a used PC with an unregistered copy of Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I launch a Windows copy on a new PC?

How can I launch a Windows copy on a new PC?: I have a query. Is it possible to launch a Windows version that has been already run on the different PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-launch-a-windows-copy-on-a-new-pc/33da38e6-a455-4716-a9d0-27658c659de6
  6. Purchase a copy of Win 10 on a disk

Purchase a copy of Win 10 on a disk: Hello, Is there a way to purchase a legitimate copy of win 10 installation disks. My mom has a computer that she acquired with a buggy copy of win 7 and she is just now getting internet to her location. She lives in a remote area and my fear is that whatever is going on...
  7. New PC, can I copy over saved passwords?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    New PC, can I copy over saved passwords?: My neighbour is getting a new Dell Windows 10 PC, his old one is Win 10 as well, is it possible to copy over all saved passwords from various websites, Amazon, email etc from one PC to another? Thanks Steve 154747
  8. Can I transfer my copy of windows to a new pc?

Can I transfer my copy of windows to a new pc?: The pc I have is one I built. It has a copy of Windows 10 purchased directly from Microsoft's online store. Due to hardware issues this pc is no longer functioning, and I am currently building a new one. I've tried looking this up but there's a lot of confusion over what is...
  9. Copy old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copy old PC to new PC: I have recently purchased a new PC with an SSD drive and tried Laplink software to transfer old to new. After many attempts it has not worked and I'm struggling to do this. There are other programs out there or can someone advise on another method. Is it just as simple as...
  10. Can I run a oem copy of windows on a new pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I run a oem copy of windows on a new pc?: I have a hp pavilion p6277c-b that I want to upgrade, I have a gtx 1050ti in it and I ran a test on MSI Afterburner and found out that in games my cpu bottle necks my gpu. I would like to upgrade my cpu and mother board but I don't want to buy a new version of windows. Could...