Windows 10: I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

Discus and support I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Benjamin Killingsworth, Apr 16, 2024.

1. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows.

:)

Benjamin Killingsworth, Apr 16, 2024
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Apr 16, 2024
  3. btarunr Win User
    CyberpowerPC Offers $14.99 Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro with any Windows 7 PC Purchase

Cyberpower Inc., a global manufacturer of custom gaming machines, wants customers to get a jump on the upcoming release of Microsoft’s Windows 8 operating system. All customers who purchase a qualifying Windows 7 CyberpowerPC system direct from the company or its authorized resellers, now through January 31, 2013, will receive a $14.99 offer for a downloadable copy of Windows 8 when it becomes available.

CyberpowerPC customers who retire their systems now can be assured they will have a new rig with the horsepower to run Windows 8. The process is as simple as 1-2-3.
    • Buy a qualifying CyberpowerPC running Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate now through January 31, 2013.
    • Visit the promotional website windowsupgradeoffer.com to register for a Windows 8 upgrade.
    • Come back when Windows 8 is available for purchase and download it.

I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now... 126a_thm.jpg

CyberpowerPC customers looking to upgrade to Windows 8 can choose from a number of high-performance systems including the enthusiast Fang III Series or Zeus Series. Other CyberpowerPC systems including the Gamer Xtreme, Gamer Ultra, and Gamer Infinity are also eligible for the Windows 8 upgrade.

All CyberpowerPC custom gaming systems can be customized with a full compliment of hardware and components such as CyberpowerPC’s Advanced Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit, Solid State Drives, Blu-ray drives, performance gaming memory, gaming peripherals, business sand productivity software, and more.

All systems are housed in gaming chassis from top-tier manufacturers that are designed to provide ample features and intelligent functionality with emphasis on advanced cooling, silent performance and extreme airflow. Every system is meticulously built with precise cable routing to ensure optimal airflow and a clean aesthetic appearance. All CyberpowerPC desktop gaming systems include an industry-best 3-year limited warranty.

btarunr, Apr 16, 2024
  4. Frick Win User

I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

1. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now... - Similar Threads - purchased license was

2. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  3. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  4. Is this StackSocial Windows 10 Pro license offer legitimate purchase option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this StackSocial Windows 10 Pro license offer legitimate purchase option?: Is this legitimate, or buyer beware ?https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/microsoft-windows-11-pro-6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-stacksocial-windows-10-pro-license-offer/35efb5e8-4ee4-4cf3-8397-27e6f811f0fc
  5. Is this StackSocial Windows 10 Pro license offer legitimate purchase option?

Is this StackSocial Windows 10 Pro license offer legitimate purchase option?: Is this legitimate, or buyer beware ?https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/microsoft-windows-11-pro-6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-stacksocial-windows-10-pro-license-offer/35efb5e8-4ee4-4cf3-8397-27e6f811f0fc
  6. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10: When Windows 10 was released I was given the opportunity to upgrade from my Windows 8 which I did !I now find I cannot get any updates and am consistently asked to provide my Activation Key or my Digital Licence Key, I don't have either of those.Where do I go from Here ?...
  7. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10: When Windows 10 was released I was given the opportunity to upgrade from my Windows 8 which I did !I now find I cannot get any updates and am consistently asked to provide my Activation Key or my Digital Licence Key, I don't have either of those.Where do I go from Here ?...
  8. I purchased a Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I purchased a Windows 10 Pro License: How do I find this digital license when I get my new PC put together next week. If I select Windows 10 Pro in the install option, will it know that I purchased it already and apply it?...
  9. Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer: I have Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit created on USB through the Media Creation Tool will Windows 7 users still be able to use there Windows 10 Pro 64 as activated if something goes wrong after July 29,2016 28187
  10. YES, Windows 7 RTM and Windows 8 Are eligible for free upgrade offer

in Windows 10 Support
    YES, Windows 7 RTM and Windows 8 Are eligible for free upgrade offer: There are a lot of people going around telling people that you have to be on Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 to be eligible for the free upgrade. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Any consumer x86/64 version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.x (ie, not corporate versions) is eligible for the free...