Windows 10: I put in flash drive will not open

Discus and support I put in flash drive will not open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I put in flash drive the file explore will not open automatically open how I fix this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thomas Spirling II, May 23, 2019.

1. I put in flash drive will not open

I put in flash drive the file explore will not open automatically open how I fix this problem

:)

Thomas Spirling II, May 23, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, May 23, 2019
  3. Unable to open the files on my flash drive on windows 10.

Hi Kiezan,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand your concern on flash drive dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd be glad to help you.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions regarding the query:

• Do you get any error message, when you try to open the files in flash drive?

• Can you access other USB devices connected to the computer?
    I suggest you to check, whether USB flash drive is shown in the file explorer and try to open the files from there.

This issue could occur due to outdated, corrupted or incorrect settings of Universal Serial Bus controllers on Windows 10.

If you are unable to find the drive in File Explorer, please refer to the suggestions of ThofikhAhamad, replied on September 5, 2015, to fix your issue with flash drive.

Can't Open USB Flash Drive in Windows 10:

Can't Open USB Flash Drive in Windows 10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 23, 2019
  4. I put in flash drive will not open

USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, May 23, 2019
Thema:

I put in flash drive will not open

1. I put in flash drive will not open - Similar Threads - put flash drive

2. unable to open a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open a flash drive: Unable to see the drives in my computer to open a flash drive. When I insert the flash drive, it is not prompting me automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-a-flash-drive/09d03ac3-420f-463b-a25d-5ea19605444b
  3. unable to open a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open a flash drive: Unable to see the drives in my computer to open a flash drive. When I insert the flash drive, it is not prompting me automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-a-flash-drive/09d03ac3-420f-463b-a25d-5ea19605444b
  4. Flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash drive: How do you make it so when you plug in a flash drive it automatically displays a folder or file on your desktop, that is from the usb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive/999285e6-d24b-4ff5-ac56-0f6f5fdc56b7
  5. How to get flash drive to open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get flash drive to open: How to get flash drive to open;???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-flash-drive-to-open/81aa42c9-0e27-4cd5-8e77-9501fffce0c8
  6. Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive: I received the following message when I inserted my flash drive: "You need to format the disc in drive D: before you can use it." I used this thumb drive all day yesterday, have a ton of working documents on it. If I must format this disc will I lose all my work. I have...
  7. how do I open flash drive on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I open flash drive on windows 10?: How do I open flash drive on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-flash-drive-on-windows-10/2980c461-4c94-4bcf-b83e-5ffc51d97a26"
  8. Unable to open files on flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to open files on flash drive: I recently purchased a new computer and when I attempt to open any of the files from a flash drive, I get an error message "The parameter is incorrect" 127716
  9. Cannot open any sort of flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open any sort of flash drive: Hi, I've been having a major problem over the past couple weeks and have tried multiple solutions but none of them have worked so far. The problem is that I am not able to open any flash drive. Whenever I try to open the flash drive it says; "E:\ is not accessible. Access...
  10. Putting Users in Control of Flash

in Windows 10 News
    Putting Users in Control of Flash: One of our top priorities in building Edge has been that the web should be a dependably safe, performant, and reliable place for our customers. To that end, we’re introducing a change to give users more control over the power and resources consumed by Flash. With the...