Windows 10: I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do Not work

Discus and support I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do Not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old PC quad core 2 intel dated 2008 was vista installed Win 10 home the problem is with mouse / keyboard Only the wireless mouse /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lse123polis, Mar 14, 2019.

1. I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do Not work

I have an old PC quad core 2 intel dated 2008

was vista

installed Win 10 home

the problem is with mouse / keyboard

Only the wireless mouse / keyboard via usb stick wireless working --- i think that is what is came with PC...

I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard

but Do Not work

where is the problem ... ?

:)

Lse123polis, Mar 14, 2019
  2. dave_- Win User

PS/2 keyboard and mouse troubles

Hello,

My PS/2 keyboard was acting up, every time I pressed the left 'ctrl' key, it had opened up the file explorer. That is no longer my problem.

I, thinking I was the smart one, decided to go to the Device Manager and try to sort this out myself. Well, I made a huge mistake. Under where it says "Keyboards" I had 'accidentally' told it to delete my PS/2 keyboard from the devices list! Now, no PS/2
    device will work, no mouse or keyboard or anything! I'm forced to use a USB keyboard, which I don't like, as that PS/2 keyboard was my favorite. It was the best keyboard I had ever used.

No PS/2 keyboard or mouse will work on my system at all now, not even in BIOS. I've tried everything I could think of, and I still haven't managed to fix it.

I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do Not work bebd4b67-3f4f-452a-a743-64be2eef878a.png

Thank you all for help!

dave_-, Mar 14, 2019
  3. slance310 Win User
    PS/2 to USB converter not working

Hi,

The only thing I can suggest is to reboot the machine with the keyboard plugged in...

I have had mixed results when attempting to use a PS\2 to USB adapter...

Some work perfect, some don't work at all, and others somewhere in between...

Some of them will work for a mouse, but not a keyboard, and others just the opposite...

slance310, Mar 14, 2019
  4. I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do Not work

PS/2 keyboard not working

Question:- does a laptop keyboard use PS/2 interface or other?

My problem:- PS/2 desktop keyboard has stopped working; reseated PS/2 connection - same problem. The computer knows when keys are pressed because the speakers issue a click BUT characters aren't forthcoming.

WORKAROUND

Start the virtual keyboard and hey-presto - the physical keyboard springs into life (you can tell because the caps-lock light suddenly starts working.)

Really weird. The PS/2 mouse is fine. To cut our losses I'll try a USB keyboard tomorrow.

Computerabber, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do Not work

1. I put PS/2 or USB mouse / keyboard but Do Not work - Similar Threads - put USB mouse

2. USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works: I decided to reset my PC and keeping my files.But after I reset it when I turned it on, my USB mouse and keyboard didn't work for me. But in the BIOS settings they did work. Then I decided to use a PS/2 mouse and they did work. Methods I already used are: switching USB slots,...
  3. USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works: I decided to reset my PC and keeping my files.But after I reset it when I turned it on, my USB mouse and keyboard didn't work for me. But in the BIOS settings they did work. Then I decided to use a PS/2 mouse and they did work. Methods I already used are: switching USB slots,...
  4. USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working: This is actually not a cry for help, rather, this is a solution.I saw a post that people, many were suffering this same issue and I can confirm the solution that TomManning1 provided.The solution was simple, but poorly explained.But I will now elaborate as to why the computer...
  6. Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working: This is actually not a cry for help, rather, this is a solution.I saw a post that people, many were suffering this same issue and I can confirm the solution that TomManning1 provided.The solution was simple, but poorly explained.But I will now elaborate as to why the computer...
  7. Standard PS/2 keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Ps 2 Mouse Stpped working

Ps 2 Mouse Stpped working: After a recent windows 10 update on one of my PC's the ps 2 ported mouse stopped working. Nothing I tried from this website worked. The pc had an older type motherboard with both mouse & keyboard ps 2 ports that have worked for several years.10+ The Keyboard still worked...
  9. PS/2 To USB converter not working.

PS/2 To USB converter not working.: So I have these 2 throttle quadrants for flight games etc, and my ps/2 ports on my computer are only for keyboards and mice, so when I plug it in to one of the ports it overrides the keyboard/mouse and then windows freaks out and shouts at me to take it out quickly. I've been...
  10. PS/2 Mouse

PS/2 Mouse: Hello, I have 2 PS/2 mouses. A Logitech TrackMan Vista and a Logitech TrackMan Marble FX. But they just won't work on my desktop (My desktop has a PS/2 port, so i just plug them in my PS/2 port). I tried al the sulutions that i found on the internet but none will work....