Windows 10: I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop -took 31 hours and as I monitored its' progress -...

Discus and support I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop -took 31 hours and as I monitored its' progress -... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop. It took 31 hours and as I watched progress over 31 hours , the scanner identified 87 viruses, BUT at end of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WILLIAM BLAIR1, Mar 19, 2023.

1. I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop -took 31 hours and as I monitored its' progress -...

I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop. It took 31 hours and as I watched progress over 31 hours , the scanner identified 87 viruses, BUT at end of scan - declared NO VIRUSES FOUND! Don't understand? Did Scanner delete the 87 viruses? What happened to 87 identified viruses??

:)

WILLIAM BLAIR1, Mar 19, 2023
  2. G L1947 Win User

Microsoft Safety Scanner finds 7 files then ends before progress bar is 100% saying nothing found

win11; defender not working; zoom broken

ran Microsoft Safety Scanner

it scanner of 45 million files, saying 7 were bad.

progress bar was nearing completion after c. 2 hours.

scan stopped suddenly and claimed nothing malicious.

for that reason, i am very suspicious.

G L1947, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?

Hello Anxious,

I am Jaspreet Singh.

Microsoft Scanner works in steps.

So at first stage it will detect what may be an infected file and it will add that to a list. This is the number you see when you see the scanner progressing. These are not actual infections, just suspicious files.

Once the scan is done the safety scanner will match the suspected files with the most recent database of threats and then tell you the actual infections on your system. If the last number is 0 it means no actual infection was found.

JaspreetSingh08, Mar 19, 2023
  4. SuzyQ_835 Win User

I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop -took 31 hours and as I monitored its' progress -...

My HP scanner is not working

Add me to the ever increasing list of people with Windows 10/HP Scanner issues. My HP All-in-One is model 7600. I, too, have spent hours and hours trying the above methods and some. To no avail. Printer works, fax works but scanner cannot find my HP
    laptop and laptop cannot detect the scanner. Absolute frustration. Do something folks!!!

SuzyQ_835, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop -took 31 hours and as I monitored its' progress -...

1. I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop -took 31 hours and as I monitored its' progress -... - Similar Threads - ran Safety Scanner

2. MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT.While it was scanning it said there were 97 infected files. When it was done it said there were no infected files. Does that mean it removed them? How do I Know what/where they were?...
  3. MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT.While it was scanning it said there were 97 infected files. When it was done it said there were no infected files. Does that mean it removed them? How do I Know what/where they were?...
  4. MS safety scanner ran 8 or 9 hours. While running it totaled over 500 infected files. It...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS safety scanner ran 8 or 9 hours. While running it totaled over 500 infected files. It...: Microsoft safety scanner ran for over 8 or 9 hours. While running it totaled over 500 infected files. When it ended it said scan completed successfully and found no viruses, spyware, or any potentially unwanted software were detected. What happened to the over 400 infected...
  5. MS safety scanner ran 8 or 9 hours. While running it totaled over 500 infected files. It...

MS safety scanner ran 8 or 9 hours. While running it totaled over 500 infected files. It...: Microsoft safety scanner ran for over 8 or 9 hours. While running it totaled over 500 infected files. When it ended it said scan completed successfully and found no viruses, spyware, or any potentially unwanted software were detected. What happened to the over 400 infected...
  6. MS safety scanner ran 8 or 9 hours. While running it totaled over 500 infected files. It...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. So I ran a full scan using Microsoft safety scanner and it found...

So I ran a full scan using Microsoft safety scanner and it found...: So I ran a full scan using Microsoft safety scanner and it found VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingIt said it was removed, but when I ran the scan again the next day, it said it found the same virus.Each time I run the scan, it says that the virus was removed. But when I run it...
  8. So I ran a full scan using Microsoft safety scanner and it found...

So I ran a full scan using Microsoft safety scanner and it found...: So I ran a full scan using Microsoft safety scanner and it found VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingIt said it was removed, but when I ran the scan again the next day, it said it found the same virus.Each time I run the scan, it says that the virus was removed. But when I run it...
  9. I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop -took 31 hours and as I monitored its' progress -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop -took 31 hours and as I monitored its' progress -...: I ran MS Safety Scanner on my HP laptop. It took 31 hours and as I watched progress over 31 hours , the scanner identified 87 viruses, BUT at end of scan - declared NO VIRUSES FOUND! Don't understand? Did Scanner delete the 87 viruses? What happened to 87 identified viruses??...
  10. MS Defender vs. MS Safety Scanner

MS Defender vs. MS Safety Scanner: I've read advice on the Web to scan new files for malware. The same article--seemingly supported by Microsoft, athttps://ishort.ink/e8Ju--says that for those like me who have no other antivirus, MS Defender always scans files before they're opened. So it appears that [1] I...