Windows 10: I really don't want my computer to update again

Discus and support I really don't want my computer to update again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm here with yet another problem with Windows update. I've had problems with "How to update Windows 1803 to 1903?" as you can see in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zhaviz Motiee, Jan 3, 2020.

1. I really don't want my computer to update again

Hello, I'm here with yet another problem with Windows update.

I've had problems with "How to update Windows 1803 to 1903?" as you can see in my profile, it has been answered but it just made further problems for me.

My computer is a low-end laptop and actually can't handle the Windows updates. Windows itself installs the drivers that are needed for the new Windows automatically but this is actually my exact problem! As my computer is a weak one, unfortunately and surprisingly it somehow can't handle the drivers for it's own graphic cards.

I tried my best to install them from many ways: AMD driver installer, Device manager, Copying files into their destination which was a stupid action to do, etc. but there's no way I can install drivers up to 2015. It doesn't install the Display driver and causes Win crash, overheating, glitches and I can't even lighten up or down my monitor or use night light!

Anyways, as you know, the new Windows 1903 and up needs 2019 or better drivers for the graphic cards, I can't install them and if I even stay on 2015, it causes Windows to crash.

All I need now, is how to disable the automatic updates? I tried two ways that I found on internet, but I'm not sure if that's going to do any help. Now I just paused the updates but I'm running out of time...if anyone's here that can help me, I'd appreciate it!
    And oh, this is one of the two ways I tried:

1- I edited my registry. I made a dword in Windows update key and named it "NoAutomaticUpdate" and I put it on true, if I'm guessing right.

I can't remember the last one.

I asked a friend about this, and he said that I have to change my graphic cards, but I can't do this because of two reasons, one is that graphic cards are very expensive in where I live, and the second one is that it's too risky to change a notebook's graphic cards. I just want the updates to stop, or at least only Windows update. I don't have any problems with other updates, only Windows update. Thank you.

:)

Zhaviz Motiee, Jan 3, 2020

2. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jan 3, 2020
  3. armym3 Win User
    WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Jan 3, 2020
  4. tzitzibp Win User

I really don't want my computer to update again

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

Don´t let people going on speculating.... list your specs and follow the suggestions in this tread, about the "Event Viewer".... and be sure you´ll get the help you need....

Otherwise you will just get more and more confused.*Bang Head :banghead:

tzitzibp, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

I really don't want my computer to update again

1. I really don't want my computer to update again - Similar Threads - really don't computer

2. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  3. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  4. My Microsoft Store is stuck at pending, but I don't really want to reset my computer.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft Store is stuck at pending, but I don't really want to reset my computer.: I've heard that resetting the computer can help, but I have a game in which I have made a lot of progress in, so I don't really want to lose my data....
  5. Had a BSOD, and I really do not want it to occur again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had a BSOD, and I really do not want it to occur again.: Hello everyone, I need help. My PCnotebook just had a BSOD with a stopcode: system service exception. This is the first time it has happened and I am really worried and do not want to it happen again. If you could kindly check and analyze the dmp file that I have attached,...
  6. Computer crashed again really tired of it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashed again really tired of it: BSOD really tired of this crap just let me know what it is. Updated bios and drivers and I'm still not sure what the issue is. also not sure if the dump file is uploading https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiv6T9qpPR6GgYxxQ_NQ9-uQHaKeJw?e=7GmFp7...
  7. I have tried just about everything except wiping the computer because I really don't want...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have tried just about everything except wiping the computer because I really don't want...: (Screenshot inside)[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-tried-just-about-everything-except-wiping/c0421551-824c-4998-8cf2-08e6cd6cabf5
  8. don't want no more on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    don't want no more on my computer: why does a unknown publisher is not honest with there self doing things with people PC gathering information from there own computers >that it not a good call can I block them....
  9. No, I don't want to restart and update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No, I don't want to restart and update.: I got home today to find my computer stuck on an update that i did not schedule. It did 30% in an hour. Luckly it restarted and i was able to boot Linux, so I can at least get some work done, but I am LIVID. I just wasted an hour of my time. Am i not allowed to have control...
  10. I don't really need this

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't really need this: I understand that Microsoft download the Windows 10 update files without PC owners being aware. I am custodian of a laptop belonging to our local U3A. The C disc is not very big and partitioned with windows 7 and windows 8.1 installed. The laptop is used at meetings,...