Windows 10: I really messed up, Set permissions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with all...

Discus and support I really messed up, Set permissions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with all... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says I messed up super badly, I needed permissions to delete some registry keys and I thought the best way to make sure I wouldnt have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarkVamprism, Dec 26, 2020.

1. I really messed up, Set permissions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with all...

As the title says I messed up super badly, I needed permissions to delete some registry keys and I thought the best way to make sure I wouldnt have to keep setting permissions for each key I opened permissions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and enabled "replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object"

So good news is I can now edit whatever registry keys I would like to, bad news is I cant even run cmd anymore because "No such interface supported"

Any and all help would be appreciated

submitted by /u/DarkVamprism
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DarkVamprism, Dec 26, 2020
  2. erixx Win User

Windows 7 - Messed up permissions

Forget it and get Windows 8! *Smile I really messed up, Set permissions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with all... :)

Messing with permissions is really for advanced users, you can't win the Kernel with a crowbar *Smile I really messed up, Set permissions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with all... :)

erixx, Dec 26, 2020
  3. budi Win User
    Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

I tried to clear all contents of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
    then set security permission to logger user name () to be clear from:

• create key
    • set value
    and let it inherently apply to all keys under it

But it responds with icons flickering / blinking very often
    so I undo the security setting.. but while keeping on registry browsing under this key I came across:

1. The jpg filetype key and userchoice key were created
    2. On userchoice key the logging user () ACL was created, and
    3. It's set to DENY on SET VALUE !

I really messed up, Set permissions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with all... [​IMG]

Is it windows 10 behavior or an intruder's been screwing up ?
    Please help me.. many thanks in advance

4. Bree Win User

I really messed up, Set permissions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with all...

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

I really messed up, Set permissions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with all...

1. I really messed up, Set permissions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with all... - Similar Threads - really messed Set

2. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really messed up: So about a week ago my built in display was not working. So I had to delete my display adapters in device manager and reinstall them. It made my built in display work but I couldn't use external monitor, so I downloaded the Nvidia rtx3060 drivers for laptop and it made my 2nd...
  3. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really messed up: So about a week ago my built in display was not working. So I had to delete my display adapters in device manager and reinstall them. It made my built in display work but I couldn't use external monitor, so I downloaded the Nvidia rtx3060 drivers for laptop and it made my 2nd...
  4. display settings got all messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    display settings got all messed up: [ATTACH] i was playing valorant and i pressed some weird button that made a beep noise, after that a weird tab popped out but i ignored it since i was mid match. I tabbed back out to see my display in grids and even my discord and browser is in white rectangular grids with...
  5. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  6. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  7. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer's permissions messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer's permissions messed up: I downloaded Cisco WebEx Meetings for an interview and now my computer's permissions are all messed up. I am unable to access things that require administrator access like command prompt. I was also unable to run an executable I downloaded, update one of my games, and can't...
  9. It is really a mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It is really a mess: Hi. I tried to clone my hdd to my ssd and the screen went black on my laptop. Now I have no ssd or hdd listed in the bios. What does that mean? I have a Acer Aspire E17. Is it broken? Any help will be appreciated. 97400
  10. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    I really messed up: Sorry that this is long and not that well worded I really messed up. So from the beginning. I bought a pc from one of my friends on Friday. (Specs: cpu: Intel i7 4790, gpu: nvidia geforce gtx 970, motherboard: gigabyte z97 hd3, and Windows 10 home, originally...