Windows 10: I really need help! wireless adapter is hidden in the device manager

Discus and support I really need help! wireless adapter is hidden in the device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using discord talking with my friends and all of a sudden i lost connection. I then check the device manager and found out that my wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SimonYu1, Mar 7, 2021.

1. SimonYu1 Win User

I really need help! wireless adapter is hidden in the device manager

I was using discord talking with my friends and all of a sudden i lost connection. I then check the device manager and found out that my wireless adapter was hidden in the device manager. Ive use this adapter about two years, and the reason i was using it is because the internet adapter that comes with the computer is extremely slow and i cant even connect wifi with it.

I've tried uninstalling the wireless adapter then restart, reseting the network thing in commandit was something like netsock reset, and other things but they dont seem to work.

Please help

:)

SimonYu1, Mar 7, 2021
  2. jwblue Win User

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, Mar 7, 2021
  3. jwblue Win User
    Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

Thank you for the help.

Ok. I was able to uninstall the Intel driver and uninstall the Lenovo Driver. Still not working.

I feel I should give a brief but full progression of the issue. It is a little bizarre.

• Initially in the network connection icon in the Windows taskbar there was a red X. In Device Manager on the icon for the adapter there was an exclamation point. What is weird is in Network and Internet Settings t the adapter was not there. Usually if it appears in Device Manager it also appears in the Network and Internet Settings in the same manner as in Device Manager. It might be a clue as to what is going on.

• After the Power Cycle there was a change in Device Manager. This seems bizarre. Initially the adapter did not appear. Then I selected "Show Hidden Devices" and it appeared but was dimmed. Then I am not sure how but it disappeared and another adapter showed. I do not remember the full name of the adapter. It was "Microsoft ______ Adapter". Then that disappeared. I do not recall the middle word but think it began with T. It is a word I have never seen. I believe it was something like "Targon".

Even though the Troubleshooter indicated it was a hardware issue I still believe it is a Windows issue.

jwblue, Mar 7, 2021
  4. TrustMe Win User

wireless adapter not showing in device manager

To help you find the name and model of the wireless adapter

Click the Start button
    In the search box type control panel
    Click on the Control Panel that comes up
    Click on Device Manager
    There should be an Unknown Device in there. Right click on it and click on Properties
    Click on the Details tab near the top
    In the Property section, there is a down arrow to the right.
    Click on the down arrow and click on Hardware Ids
    In the Value section you will get two or three items that will come up.
    Highlight the first item in the list and right click. Click on Copy
    Open up your browser and go to Google. Right click in the search bar and click on Paste. Click on search.

Now you should be able to find the name and model on your wireless adapter. If you are still having trouble finding it,
    go back to the second item in the Value list and do the same thing.

TrustMe, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. I really need help! wireless adapter is hidden in the device manager - Similar Threads - really need help

2. WiFi Adapter disabled or hidden in Device Manager

in Windows 10 News
    WiFi Adapter disabled or hidden in Device Manager: [ATTACH]Some Windows users have complained that the WiFi Adapter is disabled or hidden in Device Manager on their Windows computer. When they launched Device Manager and checked the Network Adapter section, they just couldn’t find the driver. In this article, we will talk...
  3. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  4. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  5. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Internet adapter hidden in device manager

Internet adapter hidden in device manager: I have been trying to fix my internet adapter since it wasnt working and its in hidden devices and when i open it up it gives me this message Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to...
  7. Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...

Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...: Can you please help me with this problem I encountered... Suddenly my wireless stopped working and the driver just suddenly disappeared as well... I have already checked my Device Manager... and I have enabled the "show hidden devices" but nothing still appears on my...
  8. Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager: This is for a Lenovo M90z. Intel Centrino 1000 adapter. All of sudden I lost my internet connection. Initially it stopped working and did appear in Device Manager with an explanation point. In the properties I was getting a "This device can not start "Code 10" message....
  9. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless adapter not showing in device manager: My wireless adapter is not in device manager, I only have ethernet connection. help me figure this out, please! I want my wireless back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-not-showing-in-device-manager/d829b831-b7f2-4cea-82a5-1f020d7bfad1
  10. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

wireless adapter not showing in device manager: I have an Asus X555Q laptop. I replaced the hard drive and installed Windows 10 with a USB drive. I did not have a restore option. I downloaded all the drivers from Asus, but no matter what drivers I use, they do not find my wireless adapter. There were 2 drivers for...