Windows 10: I really need help

Discus and support I really need help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is kind of long, but here goes. So one day, I forcefully shut down my PC because my ram was acting up and I blue screened. I shut it down, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabeNorthrop, Jul 19, 2019.

1. I really need help

This is kind of long, but here goes. So one day, I forcefully shut down my PC because my ram was acting up and I blue screened. I shut it down, but when it turned back on, it was saying that it was it was preparing automatic repair, and I thought, ok, whatever, its cool right? So I select the option to restart the PC, but after it restarts, it does the same thing! I was stuck in an "automatic repair" loop. I looked on YouTube, spent probably 4 hours trying to fix this thing, but nothing worked. So I bought a new SSD. Installed a new copy of Windows, and logged in with my Microsoft Account. I am now on that new copy of windows, and I have my other SSD and HDD plugged in now. I can access the files for them and such, but they kind of 'reset', as in, I can't access the settings app for my old device, because it just resets and becomes the settings app for my NEW windows. I opened Chrome from my old SSD, but none of my data or settings on it were saved! When I go to steam, it says I have no games installed. I have a 2 TB HDD just for the purpose of games, and they are all still installed on it, but if I try to launch them, they won't start up. I want to either A) fix my old installation of windows or B) sync EVERYTHING over to my new installation. Someone PLEASE HELP!!

Also, on the old "setup repair" installation, when I tried to "reset this PC" it got to about 50% and failed. Tried a couple times and no dice. I tried deleting the most recent update but it said there was another process active or something and that I couldn't do it.

And no, I don't have a Microsoft OneDrive account, if that helps.

Any help is more than welcome! I really need help :)

:)

GabeNorthrop, Jul 19, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 19, 2019
  3. drdeathx Win User
    Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Jul 19, 2019
  4. I really need help

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

I really need help

1. I really need help - Similar Threads - really need help

2. I really need help with my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I really need help with my Windows 10: Anything I do, seriously anything I do related to windows 10, it always gets stuck. Search for updates - Gets stuck, try to change languages - gets stuck, install new keyboard feature - gets stuck, trying to open up a folder - gets stuck. It's such a shame because my PC is so...
  3. Windows 10 Activation Troubles - REALLY NEED HELP

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation Troubles - REALLY NEED HELP: So I built my own PC, and bought what I am assuming is a digital license directly from the Microsoft Store. I installed windows 10 directly from the USB device to my new system. I later activated by purchasing a Windows 10 Home license from the Microsoft Store (a product...
  4. Translation issues, I could really need your help

in Cortana
    Translation issues, I could really need your help: Those of us having installed more than one language have "Language Community" in FBH, and it's simply not good enough. I would appreciate your upvote both from bilinguals and others. Link to Feedback Hub Post Are you aware of how much time some of us spend translating...
  5. really need help with this one

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    really need help with this one: ive just activated winodows 10 pr o last night,and since then whenever i watch a video in fullscreen the screen keeps flickering black every 5 seconds,ive had this pc for 2 months and it s the first time i have this problem,any help would be much appreciated!...
  6. I don't really need this

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't really need this: I understand that Microsoft download the Windows 10 update files without PC owners being aware. I am custodian of a laptop belonging to our local U3A. The C disc is not very big and partitioned with windows 7 and windows 8.1 installed. The laptop is used at meetings,...
  7. Do I really need a homegroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I really need a homegroup?: In Windows 7, I had a desktop PC and a laptop on a network without a homegroup, and I shared files seamlessly between both computers over the network. Windows 10 seems to require a homegroup to share. And if it doesn't, it sure wants to promote homegroup use. Doesn't a...
  8. I really need your help!

in Windows 10 Support
    I really need your help!: I ve just moved to a new place and I have no internet cable yet so now I have to use my father in law's wifi connection. He has a pretty big and powerful router with a strong signal. The problem is that the router started to crash after I connected my computer. I can use the...
  9. I did something really stupid with the Documents shortcut. need help

in Windows 10 Support
    I did something really stupid with the Documents shortcut. need help: Both of my PCs got hacked awhile back, and I'm finally past that with my Desktop, Laptop is next, have formatted my drives, done clean install on Windows 10 Pro... Then I made a big boo-boo. I feel silly even posting to the forum, but I can't figure out how to fix it. I...
  10. I really need help with my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    I really need help with my laptop: Hi everyone I have a very uncommon problem with my laptop, the thing is that when I play League (or any other game) it just restarts itself and I've tried so many things such as cleaning the inside of the pc(the hardware), I formatted it so it was completely clena(software),...