Windows 10: I really need help

Discus and support I really need help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is kind of long, but here goes. So one day, I forcefully shut down my PC because my ram was acting up and I blue screened. I shut it down, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabeNorthrop, Jul 19, 2019.

1. I really need help

This is kind of long, but here goes. So one day, I forcefully shut down my PC because my ram was acting up and I blue screened. I shut it down, but when it turned back on, it was saying that it was it was preparing automatic repair, and I thought, ok, whatever, its cool right? So I select the option to restart the PC, but after it restarts, it does the same thing! I was stuck in an "automatic repair" loop. I looked on YouTube, spent probably 4 hours trying to fix this thing, but nothing worked. So I bought a new SSD. Installed a new copy of Windows, and logged in with my Microsoft Account. I am now on that new copy of windows, and I have my other SSD and HDD plugged in now. I can access the files for them and such, but they kind of 'reset', as in, I can't access the settings app for my old device, because it just resets and becomes the settings app for my NEW windows. I opened Chrome from my old SSD, but none of my data or settings on it were saved! When I go to steam, it says I have no games installed. I have a 2 TB HDD just for the purpose of games, and they are all still installed on it, but if I try to launch them, they won't start up. I want to either A) fix my old installation of windows or B) sync EVERYTHING over to my new installation. Someone PLEASE HELP!!

Also, on the old "setup repair" installation, when I tried to "reset this PC" it got to about 50% and failed. Tried a couple times and no dice. I tried deleting the most recent update but it said there was another process active or something and that I couldn't do it.

And no, I don't have a Microsoft OneDrive account, if that helps.

Any help is more than welcome! I really need help :)

:)

GabeNorthrop, Jul 19, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 19, 2019
  3. drdeathx Win User
    Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Jul 19, 2019
  4. I really need help

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

I really need help

1. I really need help - Similar Threads - really need help

2. I really need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really need help: Can anyone help me please I have been struggling with this laptop for over a year I can't turn on my wifi I even bought a USB modem hsdpa to be exact but when I put it in it's says no usim and says authenticating then disconnects can anyone help...
  3. I really need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really need help: Can anyone help me please I have been struggling with this laptop for over a year I can't turn on my wifi I even bought a USB modem hsdpa to be exact but when I put it in it's says no usim and says authenticating then disconnects can anyone help...
  4. I really need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I really need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really need help: For some reason, whenever I go on the computer I'm using, it repeatedly presses the left button for no reason, which is really annoying. I can't watch YouTube videos without it taking me back the start, and it's really hard to type even short sentences. I need a fix to this....
  6. I really need help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I really need help!: Hi everyone, i recently started my laptop and it said that EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD Is missing or contains errors. I even tried to boot from usb but that thing still pops up and when i try to boot from CD, my computer restarts and...
  7. I really need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I really need help.: Ok so the thing is, i have 1tb of storage on OneDrive at school and one time i installed the app on my Windows 10 computer and everything was fine when i could access my OneDrive through file explorer, but then it started syncing everything onto OneDrive slowing down my pc by...
  8. I really need help

I really need help: Whenever i full scan my pc crashes Whenever i use chkdsk i crash Whenever i use sfc command i crash Whenever i launch something my pc crashes Help me. submitted by /u/IBexl_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktcmmk/i_really_need_help/
  9. I really really really need help with this

I really really really need help with this: Hey i accidentally switched to a microsoft account instead of local on my laptop (windows 10, im pretty sure its the latest version) and just so happened to turn off my computer some time afterwards but i dont remember my microsoft password, it shows the reset password option...
  10. i really need help

i really need help: today i opened my laptop and it had blue screen. so i tried to solve it by youtube tutorials but i cant because i need to put my password. i dont remember it and i cant find a way how to reset the password! can someone tellbme how to change the password or to find a way to...