Windows 10: I really need some help with reinstalling windows and activating it with a digital license!!

Discus and support I really need some help with reinstalling windows and activating it with a digital license!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My microsoft account is linked with a digital license. So can somebody tell me, If I reinstall windows, after a hardware changing and sign in with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NavodPeiris1, Nov 4, 2022.

1. I really need some help with reinstalling windows and activating it with a digital license!!

My microsoft account is linked with a digital license. So can somebody tell me, If I reinstall windows, after a hardware changing and sign in with my microsoft account wich is linked with a digital license, will it activate the windows?When I baught my laptop, Windows 10 home was installed on it.And after sometime I installed windows 11 in my laptop. So if I install another version of windows by mistake will it affect on my digital key. Simply DO I HAVE TO KNOW EXACTLY WICH VERSION OF WINDOWS CAME WITH MY LAPTOP. BTW If someone can tell me how to reinstall windows after a hardware changing fro

:)

NavodPeiris1, Nov 4, 2022

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 4, 2022
  3. gatorback Win User
    How does a Windows 10 'digital license' activate the OS?

source: Activate Windows

Does MS digital license 'fingerprint' hardware information during the free upgrade / activation and store it (at Microsoft) , so that the next re-install queries MS for the fingerprint and activates Windows 10?

Thought the disk drive may change, I expect that none of the other fingerprinted hardware will change.

gatorback, Nov 4, 2022
  4. I really need some help with reinstalling windows and activating it with a digital license!!

Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 4, 2022
Thema:

I really need some help with reinstalling windows and activating it with a digital license!!

1. I really need some help with reinstalling windows and activating it with a digital license!! - Similar Threads - really need help

2. I really need some help with reinstalling windows and activating it with a digital license!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really need some help with reinstalling windows and activating it with a digital license!!: My microsoft account is linked with a digital license. So can somebody tell me, If I reinstall windows, after a hardware changing and sign in with my microsoft account wich is linked with a digital license, will it activate the windows?When I baught my laptop, Windows 10 home...
  3. I really need some help with reinstalling windows and activating it with a digital license!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I really need some help with reinstalling windows and activating it with a digital license!!: My microsoft account is linked with a digital license. So can somebody tell me, If I reinstall windows, after a hardware changing and sign in with my microsoft account wich is linked with a digital license, will it activate the windows?When I baught my laptop, Windows 10 home...
  4. I need some help with license

I need some help with license: I brought my computer in the repair shop to fix my Windows issue. He needs to re install Windows and it seems that it is the only way. I wait but I got the device just today. When I boot the computer, it is successful however I found out that it is not activated. It is before...
  5. I need some help with license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with license: I brought my computer in the repair shop to fix my Windows issue. He needs to re install Windows and it seems that it is the only way. I wait but I got the device just today. When I boot the computer, it is successful however I found out that it is not activated. It is before...
  6. I need some help with license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling: Hello.I had digital license since Windows 7 and using ever since to Windows 11Windows 7 to 10 to 11. But in since my last reinstall of windows 10seems bit more stable than 11 it’s giving 0xc004f213 error and now it wouldn’t active both on Windows 10 and 11. What does it mean...
  8. Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling: Hello.I had digital license since Windows 7 and using ever since to Windows 11Windows 7 to 10 to 11. But in since my last reinstall of windows 10seems bit more stable than 11 it’s giving 0xc004f213 error and now it wouldn’t active both on Windows 10 and 11. What does it mean...
  9. Digital License & Reinstallation

Digital License & Reinstallation: I recently bought a new PC that came preinstalled with Windows 10. Under Activation Settings it reads 'Windows is activated with a digital license'. Considering the message below, will I still be able to re-install Windows if I don't add my Microsoft account? I don't have a...
  10. Need help understanding digital license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help understanding digital license: A few years ago I got a laptop with Windows 10 Pro then a few months ago I got an old PC from a friend. On said PC I signed into my Microsoft account. In the Activation section of Update & Security, both computers say that Windows 10 Pro is installed with the message:...