Windows 10: I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

Discus and support I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello friends. I'm writing today seeking the help of someone willing to help me out. The tl;dr version is I'm denied access to a folder that's... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BreadedChicken, Dec 25, 2020.

1. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

Hello friends.
    I'm writing today seeking the help of someone willing to help me out.

The tl;dr version is I'm denied access to a folder that's currently owned by TrustedInstaller: "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab

The full version is I need to be able to access my Microsoft Flight Simulator directory structure to be able to mod, configure and create my own flightplans. In other words, without that access, I won't be able to fully enjoy the software.

Now, I know how to take ownership from a folder. But here is the problem: a simple search on these forums yields many posts against taking ownership of anything owned by TrustedInstaller.

So, am I simply out of luck?

:)

BreadedChicken, Dec 25, 2020

2. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

Hello friends.
    I'm writing today seeking the help of someone willing to help me out.

The tl;dr version is I'm denied access to a folder that's currently owned by TrustedInstaller: "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab”

The full version is I need to be able to access my Microsoft Flight Simulator directory structure to be able to mod, configure and create my own flightplans. In other words, without that access, I won't be able to fully enjoy the software.

Now, I know how to take ownership from a folder. But here is the problem: a simple search on these forums yields many posts against taking ownership of anything owned by TrustedInstaller.

So, am I simply out of luck?

3. Bree Win User
    I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

And rightly so! However, the 'safest' way to proceed is to first take ownership, grant your account (or Administrators) the required permissions, and then return ownership to TrustedInstaller. The name to use when returning ownership is NT Service\TrustedInstaller

4. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

Ooooh! That's perfect!
    Thanks for letting me know I can do that.
    Cheers!

Thema:

1. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder - Similar Threads - really need able

2. Remote Accessed TrustedInstaller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Accessed TrustedInstaller?: Hello,I am having a very weird experience using my company laptop. It seems that I have the TrustedInstaller Trojan, but that someone or a thing is able to remote access and control the laptop. To the point of it turning on in the night after shutting it down completely. I...
  3. Remote Accessed TrustedInstaller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Accessed TrustedInstaller?: Hello,I am having a very weird experience using my company laptop. It seems that I have the TrustedInstaller Trojan, but that someone or a thing is able to remote access and control the laptop. To the point of it turning on in the night after shutting it down completely. I...
  4. Really need to to be able to rename OneDrive for Business folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really need to to be able to rename OneDrive for Business folder: Unfortunately, I'm using some software that has trouble with folder and file names that contain spaces.OneDrive for Business still gives the local folder the name "OneDrive - [Business Name]".If I could rename it to "OneDrive-[BusinessName]" my life would be much easier.But...
  5. Really need to to be able to rename OneDrive for Business folder

Really need to to be able to rename OneDrive for Business folder: Unfortunately, I'm using some software that has trouble with folder and file names that contain spaces.OneDrive for Business still gives the local folder the name "OneDrive - [Business Name]".If I could rename it to "OneDrive-[BusinessName]" my life would be much easier.But...
  6. I really need this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I really need this . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 pro, The problem I'm having, is Google. I love it, as a browser! But, what I really like. Is it's, speech recognition. I click, on the microphone. At the end of, search bar. And I can say, anything. It then, display what I...
  7. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder: Hello friends. I'm writing today seeking the help of someone willing to help me out. The tl;dr version is I'm denied access to a folder that's currently owned by TrustedInstaller: "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will...
  8. I really really really need help with this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I really really really need help with this: Hey i accidentally switched to a microsoft account instead of local on my laptop (windows 10, im pretty sure its the latest version) and just so happened to turn off my computer some time afterwards but i dont remember my microsoft password, it shows the reset password option...
  9. Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm trying to uninstall windows defender as its bloating my pc and causing memory leaks, but task manager wont let me even close the program access denied My next thought was to delete the Windows Defender folder in my C: drive, but I need permission from...
  10. Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller: Hello, I accidentally selected to save new apps on D drive, and some new folders appeared on my D drive. However, I didn't want that to happen and now I want to delete those new folders. Whenever I try to delete WindowsApps and ProgramFiles folder on D drive those folders...