Windows 10: I really, really, really would like to be able to set more granular Family time limits...

Discus and support I really, really, really would like to be able to set more granular Family time limits... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We use Microsoft Family pretty extensively. It has gone through some very problematic periods where we almost gave up on it, but lately has been... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Maethlin, May 12, 2021.

1. Maethlin Win User

I really, really, really would like to be able to set more granular Family time limits...

We use Microsoft Family pretty extensively. It has gone through some very problematic periods where we almost gave up on it, but lately has been getting better fewer bugs, but this one thing still vexes me greatly.It's a simple enough feature request. Currently you can only grant additional time in very arbitrary chunks... 15min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, and 8hr.I don't mind all those smaller settings, all those makes sense. But the massive leap between 2hrs and 8hrs is baffling. We very, very, very often want to only give 3 hours, or 4 hours, or 6 hours. I get this may have been some ui-based decis

:)

Maethlin, May 12, 2021

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, May 12, 2021
  3. Really short character limit on PDF file names?

Hello,

I am increasingly frustrated with this super short character limit on PDF files. When I'm downloading files, if it is over the limit it fails. But the limit is different every time, and some a really short like 10 or 11. I have tried both Firefox and Chrome.
    I have tried renaming them in file explorer after download but it still doesn't let me exceed the limit. How do I troubleshoot this? What might be causing it?

Thanks,

marniejane, May 12, 2021
  4. I really, really, really would like to be able to set more granular Family time limits...

5800 really...

Hi there!

Im really happy that nokia have taken that step to make a mobile with touch screen, BUT I was not happy with the camera with only 3,2 mp. Whats upp with that, really nokia get a grip.

My N73 have the same mp and I was hopeing that with nokia new phone that the camera was gonna be better. But big plus for the price, I like it. The next phone is N97 with better mp 5 mp but the price on that phone is to much for me.

So I think Im gonna wait a little bit longer for a better camera and still witg touch screen and a phone that have XT9 and a phone that can takes audiobooks. Maybe baby I hope I hope...

Bye for now nokia lovers out there.

cat70---01, May 12, 2021
Thema:

I really, really, really would like to be able to set more granular Family time limits...

1. I really, really, really would like to be able to set more granular Family time limits... - Similar Threads - really really really

2. Rebooting, but not really...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rebooting, but not really...: Little backstory, I once saw my friend "reboot" his PC, but nothing happened. I told him to reboot so he could install an anti-cheat for a game, but he said he did. Is it some kind of version of windows where, after rebooting, it instantly puts you back on where you were?...
  3. I really need this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I really need this . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 pro, The problem I'm having, is Google. I love it, as a browser! But, what I really like. Is it's, speech recognition. I click, on the microphone. At the end of, search bar. And I can say, anything. It then, display what I...
  4. I really really really need help with this

I really really really need help with this: Hey i accidentally switched to a microsoft account instead of local on my laptop (windows 10, im pretty sure its the latest version) and just so happened to turn off my computer some time afterwards but i dont remember my microsoft password, it shows the reset password option...
  5. Windows is unstable. Like really unstable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is unstable. Like really unstable.: Hello. I have Windblows 10 and oh man, this is really unstable. I installed it 2-3 weeks ago. It worked as expected. Then, on the last friday September 18 it gave me the first BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. After that, it started giving me Blue screens often. I had like 3-4 BSODs...
  6. I really need Windows Update to stop disabling user services. Like, really.

I really need Windows Update to stop disabling user services. Like, really.: I'm seriously losing my mind here. Every single time there's a major update Windows just deletes any custom services I've installed. I'm wasting so much time re-enabling shit over and over again and I'm f*cking fed up with it. Just got done with a 45-minute update on my own...
  7. Is this really Microsoft ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this really Microsoft ?: Received an email from Microsoft Cares that tells me that I've been charged almost 500$ for Windows Defender with a number to call if I have a question. I was never asked for this and I thought Defender was free ? If this a scam or a true email ? If it is true how can I...
  8. Really, Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really, Microsoft?: I've been running win 10 on this PC for 10 months now. After being pestered to log in to my XBOX account every time I play solitaire for the past 10 months, I finally caved just to maybe get on with my time sink a bit sooner. I'd been playing as a guest up until today. Well,...
  9. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  10. It is really a mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It is really a mess: Hi. I tried to clone my hdd to my ssd and the screen went black on my laptop. Now I have no ssd or hdd listed in the bios. What does that mean? I have a Acer Aspire E17. Is it broken? Any help will be appreciated. 97400