Windows 10: I really screwed the pooch!

Discus and support I really screwed the pooch! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, long story short....after facing low disk space, so no MS update abilities, and then having all the troubleshooters crap out, I started trying like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatthewBurris, Mar 9, 2019.

1. I really screwed the pooch!

Ok, long story short....after facing low disk space, so no MS update abilities, and then having all the troubleshooters crap out, I started trying like the devil to fix things that might be easy for myself.

Well, somehow I switched my account to a local/non administrator (not fully cognizant of it) thinking I still had the hidden Administrator thing to use in case I needed it. I think I thought I was switching to a microsoft account rather than my gmail account that id used to get my computer going in the 1st place.

I didnt really understand what this extra administrator, hidden if you will, but I thought I'd cross that bridge....I knew when I used its account it was a different environment and it was harder to access all the features. Thats all I knew at the time.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep all the passwords straight and differnt control panel whatsits and getting a big red sign from the UA utility for what reason originally I still dont know.

So the more fustrated I got, the faster and looser I started playing and going into places I didn't belong and taking advice from everybody who each had a different corrective method.

Like I said, the pooch is screwed and Ive got a Windows account thats all restricted up, MS is all in a huff maybe thinking I'm some kind of pirare, the virtual lady is no assistance, the one guy I did talk to said nuthin' to do but buy a new Windows.

I've got two flash drives and a borrowed lap top but I aint going alone this time.

Sooooo....anyone out there got any condolences or advice?

Wherd that spooky Administrator go anyhow?

Matt B

:)

MatthewBurris, Mar 9, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I really screwed the pooch! :p

cadaveca, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Mar 9, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

I really screwed the pooch!

So did i screw the pootch with this trade?

The pooch screwed YOU!

I really screwed the pooch! pooch.jpg

erocker, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

I really screwed the pooch!

1. I really screwed the pooch! - Similar Threads - really screwed pooch

2. Really screwed up! YouTube mirophone issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really screwed up! YouTube mirophone issue: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows, 10 Pro I use, YouTube quite often. Just type in, a question. They will have, 1000 Videos Every musicins song, and so on! But I really, screwed up. Earlier today. I went to, YouTube. The first thing I saw. Was a. white message....
  3. really screwed up!

in Windows 10 Customization
    really screwed up!: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows, 10 Pro I use, YouTube quite often. Just type in, a question. They will have, 1000 Videos Every musicins song, and so on! But I really, screwed up. Earlier today. I went to, YouTube. The first thing I saw. Was a. white message....
  4. I screwed up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I screwed up.: While trying to organize my hard drive partitions I converted my C: Drive into a dynamic disk. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to convert it back to a basic disk. the good news is that it is a relatively new system, so it doesn’t matter to me if I lose files in...
  5. I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help: four days ago my husband had an update and after installing it restarted with an outlook sign in, well he couldn't remember his password and every time we tried to reset it would say we didn't give enough information to be given that information. I couldn't get in through...
  6. My Pc is really screwing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc is really screwing up: So I have been having a problem with my taskbar for almost 3 months now where it constantly keeps refreshing even when im playing a full screen game on Steam and it makes my FPS go down for around 5 seconds. I haven't had time to search up on how I can fix it but today my...
  7. Best Way To Go From 1709 and 1803 To 1809 Without Screwing The Pooch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best Way To Go From 1709 and 1803 To 1809 Without Screwing The Pooch: I use brute force to block updates and I really, really like the way my 2 computers work at the moment. Whatever newfangled "upgrades" MS thinks that they have given the end user during the last couple or more years more than likely I have no use for but there comes a point...
  8. Cortana really screwed me up on that one.

in Cortana
    Cortana really screwed me up on that one.: For some reason, I own a Windows 10 Virtual Machine. (on a mac, using VMware Fusion Pro) (by the way, there are no snapshots or system restore points or could it be...) I wanted to use Cortana with my microphone, so I clicked on the Microphone icon, and my Microphone was...
  9. Somehow I have really screwed up my 10/7 dual boot !!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Somehow I have really screwed up my 10/7 dual boot !!: Somehow I've managed to create what I think is a mess with my system after a clean install of Win 10 Pro 64bit on a new SSD. I get the below attached hodge-podge of boot options at bios boot...some of those drives have...or have never had operating systems on them and are...
  10. OK, I screwed the pooch. Booting to a black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    OK, I screwed the pooch. Booting to a black screen: I have a Acer Veriton VN4620G. Basically an i5 Revo. I haven't used it in a while and wanted to reinstall Windows 10. Before doing so I noticed there were maybe 15 partitions in the only drive C:\. I have dealt with that before successfully (with your help) so, I went ahead...