Windows 10: I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help

Discus and support I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; four days ago my husband had an update and after installing it restarted with an outlook sign in, well he couldn't remember his password and every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by computer.crazy, Sep 19, 2020.

1. I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help

four days ago my husband had an update and after installing it restarted with an outlook sign in, well he couldn't remember his password and every time we tried to reset it would say we didn't give enough information to be given that information. I couldn't get in through safe mode so I bought a recover password tool. That allowed me to sign into the computer but didn't allow me to reset the admin password. So I decided to do a factory reset of my husband's computer, that is when my problem began. Here is what the computer said when booted before I put in the installation usb.

I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help [​IMG]what happed when I did system diag.

I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help 308552a5-9cd0-4dd6-972a-72d12f8160f7?upload=true.jpg I ended up getting a windows 10 media installation program and put it on a usb drive to install I am going to enter screen shots of some of the things I have done and the results, I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help [​IMG]

here is the next screenI really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help [​IMG]

first I did tried the install without doing anything but clicking on the partition and hitting next and it failed then I did what I found recommended, I had done the delete partitions, refresh format the primary partition and hit next.

here is the result

I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help 51b2b2db-0edd-482a-84d6-a459223ed29a?upload=true.jpg

so I looked at how to install in a different way

but first I went into bios to make sure I was booting up with right, here is my bios windows

I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help [​IMG]I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help [​IMG]

I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help [​IMG]

I made sure that the boot from usb was enabled, install still failed I went into boot option and changed boot order to usb and install failed.

I next went into dos and did a disk check to figure out if the hard drive was ok, here are the results

I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help [​IMG]I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help [​IMG]

because I don't know if this is what the hard disk is suppose to look like can you browse it and make sure it looks right, so then I checked the disk partI really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help [​IMG]I don't know if this is what the disk partitions are suppose to look like or what I am supposed to do to make the partition ready for installing the new windows

Sorry for all the pictures but it is easier to show through pictures than try to explain in my very limited tech knowledge.

I am pretty much stumped on what to do next or even know what to do to get hubby's laptop up and running again. Any ideas other than get a professional or buy a new one.

:)

computer.crazy, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Lost a REALLY IMPORTANT folder

Hi Tanya,

We'd like to know a few things to understand this better and help you recover the missing folder. Please answer these questions:

• Did you lose it after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How long has it been since you installed Windows 10 on the computer?
    Windows 10 does not apply changes or remove personal files without your permission. We suggest you restore the previous version of the folder or drive that used to contain the files you are looking for. Refer to this

page
    for the steps.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help

1. I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help - Similar Threads - really screwed husbands

2. Really screwed up! YouTube mirophone issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really screwed up! YouTube mirophone issue: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows, 10 Pro I use, YouTube quite often. Just type in, a question. They will have, 1000 Videos Every musicins song, and so on! But I really, screwed up. Earlier today. I went to, YouTube. The first thing I saw. Was a. white message....
  3. really screwed up!

really screwed up!: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows, 10 Pro I use, YouTube quite often. Just type in, a question. They will have, 1000 Videos Every musicins song, and so on! But I really, screwed up. Earlier today. I went to, YouTube. The first thing I saw. Was a. white message....
  4. My Pc is really screwing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc is really screwing up: So I have been having a problem with my taskbar for almost 3 months now where it constantly keeps refreshing even when im playing a full screen game on Steam and it makes my FPS go down for around 5 seconds. I haven't had time to search up on how I can fix it but today my...
  5. setting up my husbands new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setting up my husbands new laptop: Hello, My husband got a new used Dell inspiron laptop and it was set to factory settings. so while hes trying to set it up the "Sign in with Microsoft , then you get to country and birthdate but it will not take his birthdate... it doesn't propagate the month day or year....
  6. Cortana really screwed me up on that one.

in Cortana
    Cortana really screwed me up on that one.: For some reason, I own a Windows 10 Virtual Machine. (on a mac, using VMware Fusion Pro) (by the way, there are no snapshots or system restore points or could it be...) I wanted to use Cortana with my microphone, so I clicked on the Microphone icon, and my Microphone was...
  7. I really screwed the pooch!

I really screwed the pooch!: Ok, long story short....after facing low disk space, so no MS update abilities, and then having all the troubleshooters crap out, I started trying like the devil to fix things that might be easy for myself. Well, somehow I switched my account to a local/non administrator...
  8. Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop: 1. Wont recognize my pin 2. Wont let me reset, gives an error mssg 3. On airplane mode and does not give an option to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-laptop/2ea4ed42-613b-49f6-acb0-7b0914d5bf6b
  9. Somehow I have really screwed up my 10/7 dual boot !!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Somehow I have really screwed up my 10/7 dual boot !!: Somehow I've managed to create what I think is a mess with my system after a clean install of Win 10 Pro 64bit on a new SSD. I get the below attached hodge-podge of boot options at bios boot...some of those drives have...or have never had operating systems on them and are...
  10. W10 screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 screwed up my laptop: I upgraded to w10 pro from w7 pro. I thought all was well, but yesterday the screen went sideways - tried to drag it and went to settings , no help. I restored a saved image (Macrium) and I got the screen back, but it did it again. I installed an external hdd ( has...