Windows 10: I really wish windows 10 didn't download 50 gb updates without my consent

Discus and support I really wish windows 10 didn't download 50 gb updates without my consent in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is extremely irritating. I have no more internet for the rest of the month because the system decided to blow through 50 gigs worth of data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eightcharacterz, Nov 12, 2019.

1. I really wish windows 10 didn't download 50 gb updates without my consent

This is extremely irritating. I have no more internet for the rest of the month because the system decided to blow through 50 gigs worth of data overnight. I have it set to a metered connection and it still sucks all my data.

submitted by /u/eightcharacterz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eightcharacterz, Nov 12, 2019

2. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Nov 12, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Nov 12, 2019
  4. I really wish windows 10 didn't download 50 gb updates without my consent

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

I really wish windows 10 didn't download 50 gb updates without my consent

1. I really wish windows 10 didn't download 50 gb updates without my consent - Similar Threads - really wish didn't

2. Windows Update Rebooted my machine without my consent ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Rebooted my machine without my consent ?: I've been using Hibernate and S3 sleep for a while and it's been working perfectly..Today when going home from work, i noticed that Windows wanted to install updates when i clicked the "shutdown" button to Hibernate. I ignored the updates because i didn't want to reboot /...
  3. Auto upgrade to windows enterprise without my consent

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto upgrade to windows enterprise without my consent: Hello, I recently activated a windows 10 Home version on my new laptop. However I was shocked to discover that in my next bootup of computer, windows require another activation. Anyone knows how to reverse the upgrade? Thank you...
  4. Info synced I didn't consent

Info synced I didn't consent: All of my bookmarks, passwords, and everything from chrome is now on Edge. I don't want this. How do I delete all of my info from the cloud or wherever it & prevent it from happening again?...
  5. Windows Updates Without Prompt or Consent

Windows Updates Without Prompt or Consent: This is extremely frustrating. I'm playing my games and windows will forcefully restart without my consent and do an update. How the **** do I fix this? How is this even aloud?...
  6. How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?: Everytime there's an update and the OS thinks I'm idle (nevermind that I'm watching a film, browsing the internet or just been gone for a minute, it restarts without asking. I've disabled the automatic restarts in the Windows settings (Advanced options\Update options\Restart...
  7. I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent: I hate that Windows 10 restarts automatically without my consent just to install new updates I didnt asked for. It made me lost a day of work and I just have to write everything I had worked for all over again. I do not want to hear the excuse of "You didn't save your work?"....
  8. Without my consent.

Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...
  9. Windows 10 Mail automatically downloaded infected attachment without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail automatically downloaded infected attachment without consent: Windows 10 Mail automatically downloaded a PDF attachment infected with a trojan virus from a phishing email. The file was saved onto my hard drive in LocalState user files where I later found other benign attachments collected. My current theory is that Mail caches all...
  10. Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent

Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent: How did you guys do the recovery drive function??? This is garbage!!! Okay, you first tell me that I better create one, so I plug in my backup drive with my stuff Then you tell me you need to reformat my drive before start, I click no. Why the hell are you reformatting...