Windows 10: I Receive A Prompt to Restart My PC So It Can Fix C: Drive Errors. It Scans / Repairs /...

Discus and support I Receive A Prompt to Restart My PC So It Can Fix C: Drive Errors. It Scans / Repairs /... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I wish that it could give me some error numbers so I would have some idea of what's wrong. I have Win 10 Home (64 bit) OS with the following web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RAPXV, Mar 22, 2019.

1. RAPXV Win User

I Receive A Prompt to Restart My PC So It Can Fix C: Drive Errors. It Scans / Repairs /...

I wish that it could give me some error numbers so I would have some idea of what's wrong.

I have Win 10 Home (64 bit) OS with the following web browsers:: Edge, Internet Explorer, and Waterfox. My laptop will be six years old this December 8.

Before getting the prompt my computer has been so painfully slow for weeks now that I used a restore point but it's really slow again. I suspect that there might be a program (app) incompatibility issue. Could that be why the scanning and repair doesn't last?

Here's the "Security and Maintenance" notification that I'm getting now:

"Restart to repair drive errors. Click to Restart your PC."

The early notifications that I got before this one were that the C: drive had errors and I was to restart right away.

Would you suggest that I uninstall all of my 3rd party software and boot into safe mode to see if it's a physical issue or a software one?

Ruth

:)

RAPXV, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

PC taking long time to scan and repair C Drive

Hello joenichols017,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sometimes, your computer is noticeably slower or programs hang when you access certain files. This problem might occur because there are errors on your hard disk drive. Scanning your hard drive would exceed the time
    depending on the size of your drive and errors found. Basically, it will check for C Drive while scanning the drive and later checks other drives connected.

We ideally do not recommend any customers to restart the machine while it’s scanning the hard drive, as it would result in no boot or data loss scenario. So, I would suggest you to wait for a little while to see if it completes the scan and if
    it issue persists, you may reboot the machine and press Esc key when you receive a prompt to scan your hard drive.

Also, I suggest you to disconnect any USB devices except for keyboard and mouse which would prevent the PC to scan for a longer time.

We await your response.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Scanning and repairing drive (CI Receive A Prompt to Restart My PC So It Can Fix C: Drive Errors. It Scans / Repairs /... :) Windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption after it was turned off while it was scanning and repairing drive (CI Receive A Prompt to Restart My PC So It Can Fix C: Drive Errors. It Scans / Repairs /... :). For us to help you access your computer and end the scanning and repairing loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. Press a key once you see a message that says
      Press any key to boot from DVD.
    • On Install the Windows screen, select Repair your computer to the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will perform an automatic repair.

Meanwhile, if you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a different computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. Kindly refer to this

link
    and follow the second option that says Using the tool to create installation media to install Windows 10 on a
    different PC.

Please get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 22, 2019
  4. I Receive A Prompt to Restart My PC So It Can Fix C: Drive Errors. It Scans / Repairs /...

Windows 10 error not going - Scanning and repairing drive C: 2% complete in Sony Vaio

Windows 10 error not going - Scanning and repairing drive C: 2% complete in Sony Vaio

Not able to enter in setup bios as well

Tried restarting laptop several times its just starting with same error

Please suggest how to enter in BIOS of Sony Vaio SVF series of windows 10 home

and how to resovel the issue -Windows 10 error not going - Scanning and repairing drive C: 2% complete in Sony Vaio

Kumarkumarkumar88, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

I Receive A Prompt to Restart My PC So It Can Fix C: Drive Errors. It Scans / Repairs /...

1. I Receive A Prompt to Restart My PC So It Can Fix C: Drive Errors. It Scans / Repairs /... - Similar Threads - Receive Prompt Restart

2. Scanning and Repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and Repairing drive C error: Once I turn on my PC, it takes a while to load, then the Scanning and Repairing drive C message shows up. But after only a second of it showing up, the PC auto-restarts itself, repeating the entire process. The actual scanning and repairing part doesn’t happen because the PC...
  3. Scanning and Repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning and Repairing drive C error: Once I turn on my PC, it takes a while to load, then the Scanning and Repairing drive C message shows up. But after only a second of it showing up, the PC auto-restarts itself, repeating the entire process. The actual scanning and repairing part doesn’t happen because the PC...
  4. Scanning and Repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scanning and repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning and repairing drive C error: I have on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C and after few hours it went on troubleshoot. I tried restarting it and enabling safe mode but it just went to error and restarted again and went back to Scanning and repairing drive....
  6. Scanning and repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and repairing drive C error: I have on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C and after few hours it went on troubleshoot. I tried restarting it and enabling safe mode but it just went to error and restarted again and went back to Scanning and repairing drive....
  7. Scanning And Repairing Drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning And Repairing Drive C: My PC is stuck on Scanning And Repairing Drive C 15%. I manually turn chkdsk /r on CMD. Please help me ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-and-repairing-drive-c/12e94871-0615-4b69-af20-428a68315e6f
  8. scanning and repairing drive c

scanning and repairing drive c: For a weekmy laptop kept asking for permission for " scanning and repairing drive c". Last night I let it finishdoing that. This morning, no MS applications work. MS applicationsreturn a dialog box with some path references saying "The Remote procedurecall failed".I have...
  9. scanning and repairing drive c

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scanning and repairing drive c: For a week my laptop kept asking for permission for "scanning and repairing drive c". Last night I let it finish doing that. This morning, no MS applications work. MS applications return a dialog box with some path references saying "The Remote procedure call failed". I...
  10. Scanning and repairing drive C

Scanning and repairing drive C: Each and everytime I start my machine This dialogue appears during boot: Scanning and repairing drive C. I properly turn off my pc from start menu. I have a ssd and my pc usually boots within10-15seconds but now it takes longer to boot....