Windows 10: I received a call stating my license was running out. Is that true?

Discus and support I received a call stating my license was running out. Is that true? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have received a call today and also earlier that my license was expiring. Is that true?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by alstontc, Mar 16, 2019.

1. alstontc Win User

I received a call stating my license was running out. Is that true?

I have received a call today and also earlier that my license was expiring. Is that true?

:)

alstontc, Mar 16, 2019

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Xalorous Win User
    Can I run virtual windows with my OEM license?

1. Backup your Windows installation.
    2. Uninstall Windows from your hard drive.
    3. Install Windows in a VM.
    4. Ensure the Windows installation has internet access.
    5. Attempt to activate the installation. You may need to call Microsoft to complete this step over the phone.

If they ask you why your are re-activating, tell them you have removed the old installation and changed your system configuration and that you are now reinstalling. (All true.)

Don't volunteer that the Windows 7 key is OEM. Your Windows 10 entitlement may or may not be marked as originating from OEM. If they say that it is OEM and that you cannot use it to activate, then you know. Say thanks and end the call. Restore your backup from step 1 and stick with dual boot, or purchase a copy of Windows 10 and activate yours that way.

Of course, you could always install Hyper-V component of Windows 10 and run your Linux inside. No licensing issues that way. And it may be installed and running by default.

Also, before step 2, you might try to find some sort of P2V solution. This basically takes an 'image' of your physical system and converts it to a virtual machine. VirtualBox wiki article. This may trigger a reactivation due to the significant change in the HAL (hardware abstraction layer).

Xalorous, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that one license key is valid only for one hardware. However you can try the steps mentioned below to check if that helps. Make sure that you have the 25-alpha numeric product key (Retail version). Here are some steps that you can follow:

Step 1: Uninstall the key from your Mac (Bootcamp). To uninstall the license key, follow the steps mentioned bellow:

1. Open command prompt (search CMD on start menu) and run it as administrator.
    2. Then type: slmgr /upk
    3. The following command will uninstall the product key from your Bootcamp partition.

Step 2: Install the product key on new Computer.

1. Open Run (Windows Key + R) and then type: SLUI 3
    2. You will be prompted to enter the product key.
    3. Please type the product key and try to activate it.

Step 3: If step 2 does not work, then you will need to install the product key manually and perform phone activation.

1. Open Command prompt once again and run it administrator.
    2. Then type: slmgr /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Note: replace XXXXX with the product key.
    3. Once you receive a confirmation prompt that the product key has been installed.
    4. Close the Command prompt Window.
    5. Now open Run (Windows Key + R) and type SLUI 4.
    6. Then choose your country and click on Next and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. I received a call stating my license was running out. Is that true? - Similar Threads - received call stating

2. A Message state I have Trojan and call a number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Message state I have Trojan and call a number: my desk to computer said I had a Trojan and to call this number. not sure legit. Norton said to turn off computer for 3 hrs. thoughts[Original Title: trojan]...
  3. How do i activate my windows 10 before license runs out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i activate my windows 10 before license runs out: I keep having pop ups saying my license is going to run out? Please could someone help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-my-windows-10-before-license/84b8e99b-6002-469f-8e89-2ce092930790
  4. I just received a call

I just received a call: I just received a call and test from 833-966-2131and he said my Microsoft will be cancelled tonight if I don't pay 399 - is this a scam? Never paid that price for Microsoft excel before. Is this a scam since my account is up to date....
  5. Your Phone Calls tab missing but I can receive calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone Calls tab missing but I can receive calls: About 2 months ago there was an update to the Your Phone app and after that update I saw the Calls preview tab appear. I was able to make one call and the next day another update was applied, and the Calls tab disappeared. I thought this was part of the A/B testing and...
  6. Received a MS Security Alert, called the phone #, stated I have a Zeus virus, want me to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Received a MS Security Alert, called the phone #, stated I have a Zeus virus, want me to...: Supposedly have a Zeus Virus in my computer. I called the number on the MS alert. Should I have done this. Now it's gonna cost me $250.00 to get it fixed by MS...
  7. phone calls my license is expiring

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    phone calls my license is expiring: Has anyone been getting a lot, I mean a lot of phone calls from people telling you your license is expiring and you need to talk to another person and please press 1. The caller ID is my phone number and I've tried to talk to the person after pressing 1, but on and on it...
  8. Received a threat to sabotage my laptop unless I called a number

Received a threat to sabotage my laptop unless I called a number: I was on Facebook and think I clicked on Like at something that a relative had posted. My screen went mostly red and I was given a telephone number to call or my computer would be useless. I had sense enough not to call the number but cannot get rid of the box in the middle...
  9. Received a phone call stating my computer wsa hijacked

Received a phone call stating my computer wsa hijacked: Today I received a phone voice mail stating someone was trying to hijack my computer would steal my personal information if I did not call a Microsoft security team at number: 201-297-5455. I hesitate to call this number as I have not noticed any suspicious activity on my...
  10. Skype can't receive calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype can't receive calls: I have Skype on my desktop and my laptop. It is working fine on my desktop. On my laptop, I can make calls but am unable to receive any. I have tried using my desktop skype to call my Laptop skype, but it doesn't register at all. I have tried sending text messages to my...